NEurope
Tellyn

TV Adverts

They probably make up a large percentage of our viewing time (unless of course you watch the BBC). Some are great (Phil Collins gorilla was pure genius) and some are not so great (HI I'M BARRY SCOTT!!!!!!). What are your favourite and least favourite TV adverts at the moment, and do you remember any older adverts?

I like the "Jerimiah was a bullfrog" Sky TV advert. Not sure if it is still on TV now, but it was defintley on last month, and very often too. Such a catchy tune, and some great animation.

Link

The three Sony Bravia ones that have come out are all pretty amazing, makes me smile everytime I see them. (It is a pity they demolished the flats which got all painty)

I also like one of the Sony Walkman adverts at the moment. (here)

Damn, sony make good ads. Als an Orange one around at the moment is nice.

I like the "Jerimiah was a bullfrog" Sky TV advert. Not sure if it is still on TV now, but it was defintley on last month, and very often too. Such a catchy tune, and some great animation.

Link

Agreed, that is such a great advert. Had me and my mates singing it for weeks. :)

I really hate all those bluddy Criminal Lawyers 4 U adverts.

"please remember, you are under oath! Will I receive 100% of the compensation costs?"

"yes. Absolutely!"

Just bugger off, alright!

Barry Scotts a legend, and I wont hear a bad word about him.

Yeah adverts tend to rule!!!

I cant think of any good ones that havnt been mentioned at the mo.

Oh that recent one, with the three women, Morning Fresh or whatever it was called, the three same person and they all talk at same time. Sooooo lame.

Ooo, just remembered...those over the top Gillette adverts.

"Introducing Gillette Blue Zone Hyper Value 7...introducing the closest shave you'll ever see this week!

Watch as the 10 titanium coated liquid metal blades slice and dice your face, removing your skin, therefore bringing you the closest shave you'll ever have...because it's your last!"

(Phil Collins gorilla was pure genius)

That's one of the worst adverts ever...

(And what does a 2-second clip of a Gorilla have to do with Phil Collins?)

It's not two seconds. You haven't seen the full advert, then. :D

Watch it. It's class, mate.

(yeah, I bet that sounds reassuring. "It's class, mate." Haha)

So many advert threads...
Yeah seriously guys!!

There was one started just a while ago, now only on page 3!

Adverts on Anime Central annoy me. Although they're only trailers for their shows, each trailer is about 1 minute long, and they show 2 or 3 trailers. So it is a full commercial break. :shakehead

You haven't seen the full ad. The reason it's so brilliant is because you literally sit there and think WTF? and try to figure out what the hell it's about. It's clever because you need to sit there and watch it till the end to realise it's about Cadbury's.

Yeah seriously guys!!

The new rules say we can't bump threads off page one or ones that haven't been posted in in a while. Lest ye awaken THE ODWIN.

I'll sum up what I said last week in the old advert thread.

I love the Gorilla/drumkit/Cadburrys ad, the Sony Bravia ad with the bouncy balls and the Tango spoof version.

You haven't seen the full ad. The reason it's so brilliant is because you literally sit there and think WTF? and try to figure out what the hell it's about. It's clever because you need to sit there and watch it till the end to realise it's about Cadbury's.

Put it this way people, imagine those bullshit perfume adverts that have absolutely nothing to do with the product but everyone blows their load over it anyway.

Except instead of CKOne, it's Cadbury's.

Yeah seriously guys!!

I know, It's disguting... I didn't start either of them.

EEVIL WHERE ARE YE?

It's a disgrace. My title as the Charlie Brooker of the forums is slipping away.

Still think the two girls fighting and sexing it up in a completely unrelated advert for I think clothes or perfume was one of the best ads ever.

I agree about the anime adverts. It gets seriously tiresome when you watch the new episodes a week later, and its exactly the same adverts >_< ARG.

It's a disgrace. My title as the Charlie Brooker of the forums is slipping away.

That's a point, are you actually Charlie Brooker? You look a lot like him and now I think about it I've never seen you two in the same room together. (or at all)

They probably make up a large percentage of our viewing time (unless of course you watch the BBC). Some are great (Phil Collins gorilla was pure genius) and some are not so great (HI I'M BARRY SCOTT!!!!!!). What are your favourite and least favourite TV adverts at the moment, and do you remember any older adverts?

Surely you've got them 2 the wrong way around.

Also I enjoy this advert even though I Don't think it was a TV advert.

That's a point, are you actually Charlie Brooker? You look a lot like him and now I think about it I've never seen you two in the same room together. (or at all)

Plus we have extreme negative views. Nothing better than to give almost every advert/programme a good negative raping.

The picture of me was actually take before I found this image.

EEVILBrooker.jpg

As for a good advert (something weird for me to say) here's two sexy adverts for Bran Flakes (despite the fact they taste shitty) from the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XbVB4hvSQ

First one isn't that great, but the second one aint that bad.

Every advert aimed at women ever is full of lies.

Actually couldnt agree more. When it comes to women, they are the most dense people on the planet for buying things.

Working in the advertising department for a skin care company must be the easiest job in the world.

Company ; "This works, buy it"

Woman ; "OKAY!" : peace:

Anyone see an advert for some scooter with a couple of led lights in the bottom of it?

They were saying things like "Amazing!" "it lights up, wow!" and having kids with happy faces looking at it. I mean comon, surely kids must just realise it's just a scooter with some LED's in and not some magical present thats beyond awesome?

Actually, I'm probably giving younger kids to much respect, they want anything that's avertised on tv nowdays.