N-Europe

Mafia Game #3 - Stranded in Mushroom Kingdom

chairdriver

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of doing a "DIY Mafia" for the next one.

Basically, everyone who wants to play PMs me with a character. I make up the powers for this character, and then they play as that character.

The character can be from anything; films, books, video games, real life celebrities, anything.

Who would be interested in doing that?

THAT IS AM AWESOME IDEA! :awesome:

I'm really interested! :D I have loads of characters i can think of who i want to be!

How will it work, what if you don't know much about the character we have chosen should we give you details about them? :)

I would! Already know a character I would want to be. So do you look up the characters to see what role would fit them or would it really be something random?

No, the powers you would be given would be dependant on what character you chose.

ie. If you chose to be Batman, you'd have some sort of investigation power, or if you chose to be Claire from heroes you'd be immune to being killed (although I'd probably give the power some sort of weakness).

No, the powers you would be given would be dependant on what character you chose.

ie. If you chose to be Batman, you'd have some sort of investigation power, or if you chose to be Claire from heroes you'd be immune to being killed (although I'd probably give the power some sort of weakness).

Awesome! I'm in! =D

Honestly people, the only reason I went for Paj Meen Ah was because of the annoying posts, nothing to do with my role!

Next time I should think carefully about my decisions :(

By the way, I was Ganondorf and needed to kill Link. My power was to be able to role block people at night but I never had a clue who to use it on so most of the time, didn't :P

Yeah I killed you. I was communicating with Strider via the radio and Eggman was listening in. So I said I was Paj and my role was Ganondorf. I was going to see who voted for Paj and the you got all angry at him and voted for him so I killed you that night thinking you were Eggman. I was lucky you were Ganondorf.

By the way, I was Ganondorf and needed to kill Link. My power was to be able to role block people at night but I never had a clue who to use it on so most of the time, didn't :P

Yeah, but using it on anyone would have been far better than not using it.

It might have given you a clue as to who the person was.

Say, for example, you had chosen to roleblock MoogleViper. It would say in the write-up that Ganon had prevented Tommy Vercetti from killing someone. Then you would know who to kill the next night.

ok, i wasn't too keen on the idea to begin with... i mean being anything might mean that there'll be a whole bunch of characaters running around that I won't understand...

Also is there not a danger of characters being a bit 'see-thru'... Like, everyone's going to pick their favourite character?

But hey, it's the mafia thread. It'll rock, whatever :P

Also is there not a danger of characters being a bit 'see-thru'... Like, everyone's going to pick their favourite character?

That's the whole point of the game.

If the member Dante were to chose the character Dante everyone would know who he was immediately.

You have to choose someone you like, but other people don't know you like.

Yes! He did a lot for the good! :D

*bowsdown to Tellyn* :bowdown:

Hey, he killed me :(

Basically, everyone who wants to play PMs me with a character. I make up the powers for this character, and then they play as that character.

The character can be from anything; films, books, video games, real life celebrities, anything.

That sounds awesome. Mighten it run the risk of there being too many good / too many evil characters, though?

That sounds awesome. Mighten it run the risk of there being too many good / too many evil characters, though?

Surplus good/evil guys could be given reasons to be neutral or the opposite to what they are - some characters can be "good" in some universes and "evil" in others - look at Donkey Kong.

I like that idea... In fact i like that idea a LOT!

Damn, Cube fooled us all.

By the way, the skinny dark man who stole Zelda's harp and later used it to put Jak/Shorty to sleep, that was me. No Jigglypuffs whatsoever.

Although I didn't expect Gaggle to seduce me. Damn Lara and her huge...assets.

Oh, well, I guess this game could've been better if the first days had lynchings. We had no information during that time.

By the way, the skinny dark man who stole Zelda's harp and later used it to put Jak/Shorty to sleep, that was me. No Jigglypuffs whatsoever.

Although I didn't expect Gaggle to seduce me. Damn Lara and her huge...assets.

Which were character were you anyway?

I feel somewhat dissapointed with myself. I knew Cube was the princess character from POP, but I just figured she was a straight up good guy. Never played POP, see. Should've looked it up. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Early on in the game it was revealed that I was neutral.

DIY Mafias are cool, but lose the aspect of themed ones, where you can piece bits together using prior knowledge.

In one I played I chose to be Sophie, from Sophie's Choice, for a joke. But I was a serial killer... I know. It's almsot distasteful... :D