N-Europe

Quote me this! Quote me that!

Daft

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to both like Jar Jar and love The Matrix Trilogy. :)

Why is it that you don't like those movies? Tell me, maybe I can convince you otherwise. ;)

The actors are awful, they aren't helped by the fact that the script could have been better by my shoe and the whole crap with the architect is just a load of pretentious bull, vis a vis, it was incredibly boring, predictable and unnecessary. The original matrix expressed fairly complex ideas in an easy, stylish way, the sequels attempted to expressed probably more complex ideas in an overcomplicated way that half the time didn't make sense, and if they did they weren't very interesting.

The worse thing is is that it could have been awesome. If you take the whole matrix franchise including the comics, the animatrix, (I have already mentally blocked out the games from my mind so they don't count) then these two sequels are just painful to watch. Its loaded with the usual hollywood cliches but executed in the most amateur ways.

The best thing to come out of both those films were these two articles:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=matrix2

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=matrix3

The actors are awful, they aren't helped by the fact that the script could have been better by my shoe and the whole crap with the architect is just a load of pretentious bull, vis a vis, it was incredibly boring, predictable and unnecessary. The original matrix expressed fairly complex ideas in an easy, stylish way, the sequels attempted to expressed probably more complex ideas in an overcomplicated way that half the time didn't make sense, and if they did they weren't very interesting.

The worse thing is is that it could have been awesome. If you take the whole matrix franchise including the comics, the animatrix, (I have already mentally blocked out the games from my mind so they don't count) then these two sequels are just painful to watch. Its loaded with the usual hollywood cliches but executed in the most amateur ways.

The best thing to come out of both those films were these two articles:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=matrix2

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=matrix3

Sorry, haven't got time to read the articles right now. Personally, I can't follow your critique points about bad acting, Hollywood clichés etc. Maybe it's just me. You're right, they're complicated, but I don't think they're too complicated.

Daft's right. the matrix sequels are quite possibly some of the worst films ever made. Utter, profound gash on a massive scale.

I'd say it's a subjective matter. One can't really say if one film is better than another. One can analyze the structure of the film, the flow of the plot, the skills of the actors, the camera work, etc. But in the end those things aren't what affects if one likes a film or not. You guys say the Matrix sequels are rubbish, while I loved them. The 1993 Super Mario Bros. film was very poorly made, but for me it has some kind of cult status. The same can be said about the Karate Kid films, which aren't exactly the best films ever made, looking from a pure film-technical point of view.

You catch my drift?

I'm disapointed at you OW, for not noticing my quote...

Ah-ah!! I missed it! :D Seen it now! Priceless moment that was! :D I feel like posting it here, but nobody would understand, so...

I'd say it's a subjective matter. One can't really say if one film is better than another. One can analyze the structure of the film, the flow of the plot, the skills of the actors, the camera work, etc. But in the end those things aren't what affects if one likes a film or not. You guys say the Matrix sequels are rubbish, while I loved them. The 1993 Super Mario Bros. film was very poorly made, but for me it has some kind of cult status. The same can be said about the Karate Kid films, which aren't exactly the best films ever made, looking from a pure film-technical point of view.

You catch my drift?

The Matrix Trilogy > The 3 Ninjas Movies. Oh, crap, I might preffer the 3 ninjas! They can't be worst than the Matrix Trilogy, I like them! :S Now what? :(

EDIT

Quote time:

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

Albert Einstein

Not a very good escape route. Just admit you're wrong god damnit.

And that is just about the thinnest argument ever (and you know that ;)). I'll never admit that The Matrix Trilogy is bad, because it isn't - it's amazing! :) But I know when I'm wasting my energy, and that's exactly what I'm doing when I'm trying to convince you guys that it isn't. Simple as that. :)

Now, let's move on with the original thread, shall we?

And that is just about the thinnest argument ever (and you know that ;)). I'll never admit that The Matrix Trilogy is bad, because it isn't - it's amazing! :) But I know when I'm wasting my energy, and that's exactly what I'm doing when I'm trying to convince you guys that it isn't. Simple as that. :)

Now, let's move on with the original thread, shall we?

Hon, your opinion is biased. You're one of those people who can't like something and still admit it sucks. Think about it... you know I'm right. What the problem with iking something bad? Bottom line is, just because you like something, it doesn't mean it's good. Ok?

Some quotes my friends hear regularly when I do something or am bored.

Shortcut! Batman Begins (when he drives on the rooftops)

Nice coat! again Batman Begins

I have witnessed their capacity for courage an though we are worlds apart, like us there's more to them than meets the eye Optimus Prime - Transformers

I find your lack of faith disturbing Darth Vader

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!! King Leonidas

You caught a wild [insert name]. Do you want to give it a nickname? Pokemon (yes I actually walk up to friends, grab their arm and say that)

You spotted a friend I think Counter Strike but I'm not sure actually.

Well well well Stewie Griffin - Family Guy

When the world is mine, your death shall be quick an painless again Stewie Griffin

Does not compute unknown

What the deuce? again Stewie Griffin

Some quotes I also really like.

I don't know what weapons we'll use in World War 3 but in World War 4 we will be fighting with stones and arrows again.

Einstein

Training is nothing, without the will to act. Ra's al Ghul - Batman Begins

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want to live in peace, prepare for war) Cesar

scio me nihil scire (I know that I don't know anything)

Brown suprised him again when they sat down to the blanket that served as a table by asking a brief blessing: Rain, health, expansion to the spirit.

"Do you believe in the afterlife?" the gunslinger asked him as Brown dropped three ears of hot corn onto his plate.

Brown nodded. "I think this is it."

-The Gunslinger

Some choice Donnie Darko quotes!

"Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood." - Gretchen Ross

"If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories." - Prof. Kenneth Monnitoff

This one always makes me laugh when I watch the scene:

"He asked me to forcibly insert the lifeline exercise card into my anus!" - Kitty Farmer

Some choice Donnie Darko quotes!

"Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood." - Gretchen Ross

"If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories." - Prof. Kenneth Monnitoff

This one always makes me laugh when I watch the scene:

"He asked me to forcibly insert the lifeline exercise card into my anus!" - Kitty Farmer

You forgot the best one of all. (and I'm not talking about the every living creature on earth dies alone thing)