Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

They really need to do something other than Lex, he's so boring now!

Well yeah it doesnt have to be Lex, just if it is he needs to be more like his comic persona.

Braniac could work well, especially if the next one was a relaunch. Tie him in to the whole Krypton story. Same with Zod again. It just needs to be someone who can actually be a physical threat to Superman.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some magazine years ago, it had a whole feature on Tim Burton's Superman, which he was gonna do way back. I know ReZ will be turning in his grave, but it actually looked pretty awesome. Brainiac's uber amazing ship, Superman having the black suit (for whatever reason) all spacey and dark.

In some magazine years ago, it had a whole feature on Tim Burton's Superman, which he was gonna do way back. I know ReZ will be turning in his grave, but it actually looked pretty awesome. Brainiac's uber amazing ship, Superman having the black suit (for whatever reason) all spacey and dark.

Reminds me a bit of Kevin Smiths vision of Superman

I think it kinda is, at first they got Kevin Smith to write a script for a new Superman film and I think he only managed to make a draft of it the script before Burton was hired as a director and he wanted to have someone else to do the script.

It was something like that I think.

Edited by Mundi

I love Disney but they keep fucking me off lately with UK releases.

Up is finally out next month after being released during the summer in America (and the DVD/Blu-Ray is out in Nov in America). Similarly Ponyo was released a few weeks ago in America and isn't out here until February or March or something.

They are re-releasing Toy Story 1 + 2 as a double 3D feature next month and initially I thought it was the same here but no. Here we get Toy Story 1 in 3D next month, and then Toy Story 2 in 3D in January. Fuckwits.

I love Disney but they keep fucking me off lately with UK releases.

Up is finally out next month after being released during the summer in America (and the DVD/Blu-Ray is out in Nov in America). Similarly Ponyo was released a few weeks ago in America and isn't out here until February or March or something.

They are re-releasing Toy Story 1 + 2 as a double 3D feature next month and initially I thought it was the same here but no. Here we get Toy Story 1 in 3D next month, and then Toy Story 2 in 3D in January. Fuckwits.

This seems to be a trend with all films recently.

About two years ago or so it wasn't the case, and we started to get films the same time as US to cut down on piracy, but its slipped back to its old pissing ways. Its so annoying. Whats the fucking point? The content doesn't change! (I assume)

I can't think of many films that are delayed by that much, a week or two yeah. In fact the last one I remember being delayed a long time is Coraline.

I kinda understand with games because of all the translating faff but films go to specific markets.

both are the same really. although Burton to my knowledge got rid of Smiths script early on..

Nichlos cage was set to be superman and well it all bombed and wild wild west was made which really bombed

so thank your lucky starsthat didn't happen..

comes down to this though. Superman can't advance to the 21st century with that cheesy suit.. It needs change as much as i love it.

comes down to this though. Superman can't advance to the 21st century with that cheesy suit.. It needs change as much as i love it.

Isn't that a fundamental part of the Smith/Burton concept?

And I thought the suit looked fine in Superman Returns.

Isn't that a fundamental part of the Smith/Burton concept?

And I thought the suit looked fine in Superman Returns.

ya that's true they had a few concept designs for the suit i believe...

think this was one.

tim-burton-superman.jpg

now that may not be the best idea ever.the returns suit was pretty much the same as the originals..just my opinion. Hardcore fans will hate a new suit I understand but superman needs a reboot. I never really watched smallville so i can't judge that :)

I recently read Superman Birthright which deals with Superman's origin and how he finds his destiny. The comic feels very modern yet features the same old suit. But they explained it in a good way. The Kryptonians were also dressed a bit like that and Superman wants to seem trustful. Now if you see an Alien fly in from far away - hence the bright colours - you are less terrified than if he just appeared more or less without notice and he has to gain people's trust after all. Therefore he wants to be seen from afar.

I don't mind changes to the suit though just as long as they don't make it functional. Because he's the man of steel, he only needs the suit for show not as an armour or to store gadgets in. Although it would probably be a good idea for him to make a suit ouf of lead :D

I recently read Superman Birthright which deals with Superman's origin and how he finds his destiny. The comic feels very modern yet features the same old suit. But they explained it in a good way. The Kryptonians were also dressed a bit like that and Superman wants to seem trustful. Now if you see an Alien fly in from far away - hence the bright colours - you are less terrified than if he just appeared more or less without notice and he has to gain people's trust after all. Therefore he wants to be seen from afar.

I don't mind changes to the suit though just as long as they don't make it functional. Because he's the man of steel, he only needs the suit for show not as an armour or to store gadgets in. Although it would probably be a good idea for him to make a suit ouf of lead :D

Yeah ive got Birthright and its a very good read, although not suprisingly for DC its out of date already. They are doing Superman's "Secret Origin" soon

ya that's true they had a few concept designs for the suit i believe...

think this was one.

tim-burton-superman.jpg

now that may not be the best idea ever.the returns suit was pretty much the same as the originals..just my opinion. Hardcore fans will hate a new suit I understand but superman needs a reboot. I never really watched smallville so i can't judge that :)

That's rubbish.

Resident Evil Series to Get a Reboot

"Resident Evil: Afterlife" is yet to fall into production, but Screen Gems has been reported to plan a fifth "Resident Evil" movie. According to Bloody-Disgusting (BD), the studio is looking forward to do a quasi-reboot to the sci-fi thriller and tentatively calls the project, "Resident Evil Begins".

The decision to develop this quasi-reboot allegedly was taken as Screen Gems looks to replace leading actress Milla Jovovich. On the reason why, BD pointed out to the studio's fears that Jovovich, who has been confirmed to return for "Afterlife", will be too expensive to be kept on board although she is married to producer Paul W.S. Anderson.

The studio has yet to officially announce its plan on the fifth movie. However, BD claimed that the reboot project will tell the story of a special military unit that fights a powerful, out-of-control supercomputer and hundreds of scientists who have mutated into flesh-eating creatures after a laboratory accident.

"Resident Evil: Afterlife", in the meantime, continues Alice's battle with the diabolical Umbrella Corp. as she races to expose a virus that is threatening mankind with extinction before a new race of clones called the Undead finishes the job. Paul W.S. Anderson serves as director as well as producer, in addition to writing the script of the movie that is set to be released in U.S. theaters August 27, 2010.

Is it really that hard to keep videogame films in line with the games?

Yellow Submarine Getting Disney 3D Remake Treatment

A 3D remake of The Beatles' 1968 film Yellow Submarine has been confirmed, Disney Studios has announced. It will incorporate the 16 Beatles songs and recordings from the original animated film. Disney Studios chairman Dick Cook said the new film will be directed by Robert Zemeckis using the same motion-capture effects employed in Polar Express.

Because Polar Express isn't creepy in the slightest...

Also;

- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is the name of the new Pirates.

-

Disney has also said it was starting a new "scary movie" label venture with Pan's Labyrinth director Guillermo del Toro called Disney Double Dare You.

BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8253104.stm

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!