Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venom is a bit shit as a character. He worked as he was originally intended as a nemesis for Spiderman (his intro arc is absolutely fantastic stuff. Stone cold classic) but after that...meh. He's a bit one note and lacks a proper character imo. He's popular though, so he's still around.

I want Carnage back. :( (Dan he hasn't come back since you last saw him)

I find Eddie Brock quite interesting. And Mac is a psycho/become completely twisted by the suit, so I don't think they are hugely uninteresting.

The film iteration was a bit of an abomination though.

Robert Zemeckis ‘Buzzing’ About Second ‘Roger Rabbit’ Movie

“Who Framed Roger Rabbit” came out 20 years ago and grossed $330 million worldwide, and for all the talk about another big screen venture for the animated bunny and his voluptuous sweetheart Jessica, nothing over the last two decades moved into production. And it was starting to seem like nothing ever would.

But when MTV News caught up with director Robert Zemeckis recently, he dropped a news bomb that had our eyes popping cartoon-style out of our sockets. “I’ll tell you what is buzzing around in my head now that we have the ability—the digital tools, performance capture—I’m starting to think about ‘Roger Rabbit,’” he told us.

Combing traditional animation with live-action, “Roger Rabbit” was a staggering achievement that employed cutting-edge technology without sacrificing the demands of first-rate storytelling. It won four Oscars, including nods for visual effects, editing and a special achievement award for animation direction. But Zemeckis hasn’t toiled in live-action since 2000’s “Cast Away”, preferring instead to work with performance capture in films like “The Polar Express” and the upcoming Jim Carrey vehicle, “A Christmas Carol.”

All of which had us desperate for any more info Zemeckis could provide about a new “Roger Rabbit.” When pressed, however, he demurred.

P-p-p-please?!

“I can’t give you more details,” Zemeckis said, letting us down gently.

Okay, then, we’ll air our questions here. How exactly will performance capture factor in? When we spoke recently with Michael Lantieri, the special effects supervisor on the original “Roger Rabbit,” he talked about how very soon filmmakers will be able to combine performance capture with outdoor, real-time photography. Might the new “Roger Rabbit” employ this technology? Will the story be lifted from the long-rumored, never-produced “Roger Rabbit” sequel script? Or will Zemeckis commission a new screenplay? And casting! Will the man who voiced, Roger—Charles Fleischer—reprise his role? And might Bob Hoskins as private investigator Eddie Valiant return?

So many questions that shall, alas, remain unanswered for the moment. You’ll just have to, er, stay tooned…

Carnage is rubbish. He literally has no real motivation for anything he does. There's only so far you can take it. I was pleased to see him go out to The Sentry in New Avengers.

I like him sorta. In that he ACTUALLY KILLS PEOPLE!>!>!! Which most of Spidey's enemies manage to avoid. But yeah, it's basically always "Ohnoes Carnage has escaped! Where is he? Better find him. Meanwhile, PLOT TWIST: Carnage latches onto Spider-Man/Team-up with Venom.Carnage latches onto Siulver Surfer..."

Rinse and repeat.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm, just looked at Rotten Tomatoes....shame.

IMDB is looking better. But still, every single review has said the exact same thing, fun mindless action, but that's all it is. Which would be ok if this wasn't a Terminator movie. But this isn't Future Machines R Go Boom, this is Terminator Salvation.

Aykroyd wants Dushku and Milano as part of the younger Ghostbusters team: http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/05/20/eliza-dushku-as-a-ghostbuster/

Sounds sexual.

She voiced the female lead in the upcoming Ghostbusters video game, which features the voices of all three original Ghostbusters,

Am I missing something here? Or are they not counting Winston because he wasn't with them at the start of the first movie? Or even worse, black? I'm going to assume the latter and declare the site is horribly racist.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!