Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is very good [in Devil wears Prada], and sexy!

So is this the same Natasha as Tony Starks assistant they were/are still yet to cast?

With this Natasha/Black Widow being Russian, and Crimson Dynamo being Tony Starks Russian alter ego, there seems a few connections building plotwise?!

WTF. Seriously Marvel can FUCK THE HELL OFF for doing this. Idiots. Seriously fucking pricks. "Look at the continuuity of our films. Its amazing." *Recasts TWO fucking actors*

I know I'll feel much better if it turns out David Hasselhoff is reprising the role.

She is very good [in Devil wears Prada], and sexy!

So is this the same Natasha as Tony Starks assistant they were/are still yet to cast?

With this Natasha/Black Widow being Russian, and Crimson Dynamo being Tony Starks Russian alter ego, there seems a few connections building plotwise?!

?

Black Widow in the comics is a super-spy...unless you know that and are talking about something else.

?

Black Widow in the comics is a super-spy...unless you know that and are talking about something else.

Nah I don't know anything about Iron Man, it's just the part of Tony Starks assistant in Iron Man 2 is called Natasha, so I was wondering if maybe they would be one and the same?

This is the Emily Blunt news article on IGN...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/945/945006p1.html

Variety reports that English actress Emily Blunt (The Devil Wears Prada, The Wolfman) has "emerged as the frontrunner" to play the femme fatale Black Widow, a.k.a. Natalia Romanova, in the Jon Favreau-directed sequel.

Although Variety refers to Black Widow by the name of Natasha Romanoff, she is also known as Natalia Romanova in the comics. Marvel would not comment on the Blunt/Black Widow rumor for Variety.

And the article about the assistant role...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/942/942623p1.html

Iron Man 2 Villain Casting

Wrestler, Dangerous Mind stars up for bad guy roles.

Finally, THR scoops that another role, that of Tony Stark's assistant Natasha, has yet to be cast.

So maybe they are changing Black Widows name from Natalia Romanova to Natasha Romanoff and she will also be Tony's assistant?

The name thing doesn't really matter, as far as I'm aware, it gets swapped around all the time (with Romanova being the Ultimate Widow's name usually, and Romanoff being the 616's).

The assistant's name probably conects into Widow yes, and most likely that the assistant turns out to be VOILA! a treacherous super-spy/assasin, helping Crimson Dynamo!

I expect to the late film bad-girl-turns-good bit, where she probably dies saving Tony or something similar.

Terminator Salvation

McG confirmed some rumors and shot down others about his upcoming Terminator Salvation in an exclusive interview with SCI FI Wire and other comments after he screened footage from the movie in the latest stop—Los Angeles—in Warner Brothers' road show whistle-stop tour, among them:

•He intends to talk with original Sarah Connor Linda Hamilton soon about providing a voice-over narration—based on the tapes we see her recording for son John at the end of James Cameron's 1984 original Terminator—to open and close the movie. "We're in the business of doing that right now," McG said. "So we'll see what happens. She seems to be very supportive of the film. I look forward to showing it to her in about a week or so." He added: "The tapes that she left for her son to be aware of what it was going to take to win the war, those are the tapes that are going to bring us in and out of the picture."

•He intends to incorporate themes from Brad Fiedel's original Terminator score in Danny Elfman's music for the movie, clearing up confusion over early reporting about Elfman's participation. That would include the signature "DUN-dun-dun DUN DUN" rhythmic theme. "We use a great deal of Brad Fidel's original theme. See, I love it," he said.

•He plans to screen the film for California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger soon and to get his blessing. Rumors have circulated that McG would somehow incorporate Schwarzenegger's image or face into the film, perhaps as the embodiment of the T-800 Terminator cyborg; McG wouldn't address those rumors.

On Wednesday at the Directors Guild of America theater in Hollywood, McG screened four segments from the film: a short introduction to the post-Judgment Day world of 2018, in which we meet the main characters Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin), Marcus (Sam Worthington) and John Connor (Christian Bale); an extended early action sequence in which Sam, Kyle and a small girl encounter survivors in a gas station, then find themselves caught up in a battle with a gigantic Harvester robot; a sequence in which Connor's helicopter comes under attack by aquatic Hydrobot robots and he confronts Marcus; and a final extended trailer in which we glimpse the scope and size of McG's envisioning of the Terminator world.

The footage garnered generally favorable reactions from the assembled press, and though the footage featured temporary visual effects, they were effective in conveying the epic scale, movement, look and intensity of McG's movie.

In 'What the Holy Frak' news of the day they're making a Jericho movie.

I loved the show and the way season two ended* could make for an interesting move but I never saw this coming.

With them creating the 2nd American civil war

Awesome. I loved that show. Was a refreshing change from the usual crime dross on TV Nowadays.

Cowbop Bebo Movie

Exciting news this morning as Keanu Reeves signs on for the long-mooted film version of anime series Cowboy Bebop, a futuristic series about bounty hunters around the solar system.

Reeves would play Spike Spiegel, a bounty hunter or 'cowboy' who travels on spaceship Bebop with his partner in (hunting) crime Jet Black and a motley collection of marks and hangers-on, including 'data dog' Ein, amnesiac Faye Valentine and master hacker Edward (a girl).

The premise of the series is that humanity has built "astral gates" to get around the solar system easily. The first one, in the moon's orbit, destroyed half the moon, raining rock on the planet beneath and killing 4.5 billion people. The survivors, 50 years on, live underground as the rocks keep falling, but have perfected the astral gate technology that allows them to colonise the solar system as well. Only problem is that, spread out as civilisation is, crime has flourished, so the authorities rely on bounty hunters to bring in the worst offenders.

The series is a very well regarded one, and Spiegel seems like a decent fit for Reeves, given that he's a nice mix of tortured (he used to be a member of a crime syndicate, and is of course unlucky in love) and cocky. But there's no director attached yet, just Peter Craig writing the script, so it'll be a while before we see whether this turns out to be another Matrix or another

Okay this week is getting weirder. First Jericho now a Veronica Mars movie will be written

With cupid not getting 13 episodes (8 instead) Rob Thomas (the non matchbox 20 kinda) has more time. He wants to do it, Kristen Bell wants to do it. Presumably others will as most of them are working in TV so they'd have summer free. Joel Silver wants to do it and can finance it. AND it'll be set at the end of college and not in the FBI.

I don't want to get too excited, not until end of the year when things would be more definate but this would be the most immense joy evAR! for me.

Was only just telling Dan a few minutes ago this show has a special place in my heard.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!