Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

Ok, so I heard a rumour about how the new Terminator film will end! I will put it in spoiler tags in case anyone doesn't want to see it...

John Connor dies, and his skin is put on a 'good' terminator in order to continue his awesome leadershipping doo-dah. Hmm! Plausible? Maybe. Good? Maybe.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairspray 2 - Coming Summer 2010

Get ready for another shot of "Hairspray."

New Line Cinema has made a deal with "Hairspray" creator John Waters to write a treatment for a sequel to summer 2007’s hit musical feature.

Planning to return are director-choreographer Adam Shankman, producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron and Tony-winning songwriters Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman, who will write new songs for the film.

No cast has been engaged yet, and none of the stars of "Hairspray" had sequel options. But the studio hopes to reunite the original cast in a film that will be ready for release by Warner Bros. in mid-July 2010.

"Hairspray" grossed more than $200 million worldwide and served up a strong-selling DVD and soundtrack album. The mid-July target would mirror the release of the original, which was replicated this summer by "Mamma Mia!"

Original starred John Travolta (dolled up in a fat suit to play Edna), Christopher Walken and Nikki Blonsky as well as Zac Efron, Queen Latifah, Michelle Pfeiffer, James Marsden, Amanda Bynes, Elijah Kelley and Allison Janney.

Aim is to pick up the Baltimore saga of the Turnblad family after the resolution of the first film, which was set in 1962.

"I never thought of musicals as franchises, but it certainly worked with ‘High School Musical,’ and the idea of working with that cast again, and creating new material and music, is a dream come true," Shankman told Daily Variety. "John (Waters) has such an original and extraordinary voice; we all can’t wait to see what he has come up with."

There won’t be movement on hiring a screenwriter until Waters completes his work. Leslie Dixon scripted the original.

If they bring back the original cast (Bynes and Efron need to be in it!), then I'm all for it. It was a really enjoyable movie and obviously made quite a bit of cash.

Ok, so I heard a rumour about how the new Terminator film will end! I will put it in spoiler tags in case anyone doesn't want to see it...

John Connor dies, and his skin is put on a 'good' terminator in order to continue his awesome leadershipping doo-dah. Hmm! Plausible? Maybe. Good? Maybe.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

Seconded. I can't wait, should be rather good. This, along with High School Musical 3 (October 24th, HELL YEAH!) fills my musical needs for the next few years. :D

Now the Dark Knight has been and gone, it's my most hyped film this year. I can't think of anything else before it I'm desperate too see.

I didnt realise that they had settled a release date yet, but it is now 100% confirmed, the long in "production" Jurassic Park IV is coming out in 2009.

This is the one that was supposed to be Dinos with guns, right?

Jurassic Park should have stayed as one film.

This is the one that was supposed to be Dinos with guns, right?

Jurassic Park should have stayed as one film.

Ive been looking around and it doesn't sound so, as Speilberg didnt approve of the various scripts he was given.

Also I think that came from "dinos being cloned to become mercanaries" which may be where the guns rumour came from.

Jurassic Park 3 just completely ruined the franchise, it was way too serious and the acting/writing was terrible. They need Spielberg back on the case.

And is Spider-Man 4 actually in development? I thought Tobey Maguire and the other actors didn't want to do it anymore?

Jurassic Park 3 just completely ruined the franchise, it was way too serious and the acting/writing was terrible. They need Spielberg back on the case.

And is Spider-Man 4 actually in development? I thought Tobey Maguire and the other actors didn't want to do it anymore?

Yeah its in development. Not yet known if anyone will return, but it is definitely gonna happen either way, one of Sonys biggest money makers. Shame Marvel Studios wont get it anytime soon. :(

Yeah its in development. Not yet known if anyone will return, but it is definitely gonna happen either way, one of Sonys biggest money makers. Shame Marvel Studios wont get it anytime soon. :(

Yeah id much rather have Marvel doing it instead of Sony. Especially if it meant more cameos from other characters.

Still, will be interesting if they make Spider-Man 4 and 5 right after each other like is rumoured.

Dark Knight beats The Mummy at the US Box Office

The Dark Knight is the number one film at the US box office for the third week running.

The superhero sequel held off stiff competition from The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor to secure pole position by a margin of just over $1 million.

The Dark Knight has now taken $395 million in the US, making it the most financially successful film of 2008. In the list of highest grossing films of all time at the American box office, it currently sits at number eight.

The chart's only other new entry, the Kevin Costner political comedy Swing Vote, entered at number six with a disappointing $6.3 million haul.

Elsewhere, last week's number two Step Brothers dropped a place while the new X-Files film slipped to number nine taking in an unimpressive $3.4 million on its second weekend of release.

The top ten in full:

1. (1) The Dark Knight - $43,800,000

2. (-) The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor - $42,450,000

3. (2) Step Brothers - $16,300,000

4. (3) Mamma Mia! - $13,121,000

5. (5) Journey To The Centre Of The Earth - $6,875,000

6. (-) Swing Vote - $6,300,000

7. (6) Hancock - $5,200,000

8. (7) WALL-E - $4,747,000

9. (4) The X Files: I Want To Believe - $3,425,000

10. (9) Space Chimps - $2,840,000

Probably not everyones cup of tea but this is the film my friend is in.

CASS is out friday.

My mate plays the support role and is called 'prentice' in the film. He is the one at the start who says "err its the inter city firm love". Saw him walk down the red carpet on monday, was amazing.

I wouldn't support this film for nothing. The ICF were a bunch of thugs, and the fact they are being some what glamourised by this film is disgusting.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!