NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

How do they want to make Bioshock into a movie? The game's storyline is: "Hey I'm character XY, meet me somewhere." Get there.

Character is dead. You get a new transmission: "Hey I'm character..."

Yes sure you can build on the amazing atmosphere but they'll have to change quite a bit of stuff to make it work.

As for Donny Darko, that film is not meant to have a sequel.

How do they want to make Bioshock into a movie? The game's storyline is: "Hey I'm character XY, meet me somewhere." Get there.

Character is dead. You get a new transmission: "Hey I'm character..."

Yes sure you can build on the amazing atmosphere but they'll have to change quite a bit of stuff to make it work.

I think that sentence really says it all. Its got a great surrounding, style and setting as a base and I think they will have to work from there.

justin_chatwin_db.jpg

Chow Yun Fat= awesome

Hot chicks= awesome

Ridiculous generic hair= WTF DID YOU DO TO GOKU?

I’ll grant you a wish…!!

Rumor after rumor but [now] Dragonball live action movie finally comes true!

Director James Wong of Final Destination, and producer the revolutionary film maker Stephen Chow of Shaolin Soccer. Remarkable casts are Son Goku is Justin Chatwin who played Tom Cruise’s son in Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds, and Master Roshi is Chow yun-fat of Pirates of the Caribbean.

All Dragonball fan’s wish are granted now ! We will continue to offer new information to you on Jump Cinema Island !

or its going to be amazing

but more likely the sucking

That dude needs some serious workout and who thought it would be a good idea to take an American actor?

At least all the other ones are Asian.

It's bound to be bad, but I'd expect fans to lap it up.

really? its not normaly the case that fans like movies of stuff like this.

Comic Movies:

2008: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Dark Knight, The Punisher: War Zone, Wanted, Hellboy 2

2009: Wolverine, Watchmen, The Spirit, Transformers 2,

2010: Iron Man 2, Thor, Superman: Man of Steel, Spider-Man 4

2011: Captain America, The Avengers, Sin City 2, Batman 3 (tentative)

2011: Captain America, The Avengers, Sin City 2, Batman 3 (tentative)

Sin City 2

Sin City 2

Sin City 2

Sin City 2

Did you people NOT see this?!

*hypehypehype*

Well it´s been known for quite some time and the whole three years until we get to see it.

Did you people NOT see this?!

*hypehypehype*

It's totally cancelled out by the Captain America film.

I was expecting Sin City 2 much sooner. Ah well....

Comingsoon.net

Fans have been waiting almost a year for the return of "24." On Sunday, November 23 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the wait will be over as Fox presents a special two-hour prequel event.

Shot on location in South Africa, Jack Bauer battles an international crisis, while here at home the nation prepares for a new president on inauguration day. Taking place just a few months before the new day dawns, the prequel will set the stage and raise the stakes for Season 7.

"We're excited about the prequel because it explores Jack's complex emotional state of mind and still has all the signature excitement and suspense that fans have come to expect from '24,'" commented executive producer Howard Gordon. "Shooting in South Africa affirms everyone's commitment to making this season especially memorable for our fans."

Wow! Jack Bauer on foreign soil!

Transformers 2 news...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/874/874632p1.html

Orci on Transformers 2,

Writer names new Transformers for sequel,

Q: What's the status of Transformers 2?

ORCI: That starts shooting in three weeks.

Q: What do you want to do that builds from the first one?

ORCI: We want to follow some of our lead characters which we thought were so successful. Shia's character; where is he two years later? His girlfriend, where is she two years later? But for fans, I guess I'll address this more for the fans, because I think if you didn't know Transformers at all and you came in and you liked the first movie, you'll like the second one. However, some of the die hard fans, which we were a member of that group, felt, well, maybe it's a little light. Maybe it wasn't science fictiony enough. And I think the second one will deliver on a true Transformers story. You know, the first one, we had a limited budget for what it was. Every second of Transformer time is a million dollars or whatever the heck it is, so this time, because we were able to prove through the whole thing that it's a viable live-action movie, we have a little more freedom this time to actually learn about the Transformers, see them, hear them. It's a better balance between the humans and the Transformers.

Q: Is there one particular Transformer, good or bad, that you absolutely had to get into the sequel?

ORCI: Yes.

Q: You're not gonna tell us.

ORCI: I'll tell you. We had to get Soundwave in there.

Q: Nice. Where Soundwave goes, will Ravage follow?

ORCI: Perhaps! Who's Ravage? ... I'm kidding! You know, we had Ravage in an early draft of the first movie and Soundwave, and we couldn't do it right and I think this time hopefully we'll have the ability to do it.

Harrison Ford is out, Shia LeBeouf is in for the future of Indy: http://www.cinematical.com/2008/05/17/shia-labeouf-to-take-indy-franchise-forward/
He's way to young to take the lead in an Indy movie atm, IMO.

I think they'd need to pick it up when he's in his late 20's so he's much more of the adventurer.

Mind you, if they want to bring Harrison Ford back in a Sean Connery way, they're going to have to get on with it I suppose, he's not really ageing as well as Sean!

No more indies! Seriously, good or bad I want this one to be the last.

No more indies! Seriously, good or bad I want this one to be the last.
Either way this will be the last Indiana Jones.

They're bound to change the name of the films where Shia takes up the 'Indy' role.

Anyone like the news of Soundwave [maybe Ravage] being in Transformers 2? Who else would people like to see?

Also, emphasis on a more Transformers focused story this time round is cool.

concept art for Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

conceptart1.jpg