NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Don't a massive amount of films end up getting re-released on every format?

yes but how many special editions of star wars are we on now?

Lucas dosn't just upscale or whatever he fucking changes things. I'm not sure as many films do that.

yes but how many special editions of star wars are we on now?

Original - VHS - DVD.

Well the ones I own include:

- the original VHS releases

- the 'last time ever on VHS' re-release

StarWarsVHS.jpg

-the special editions (they were in those lovely cardboard sleeves)

2643328595_4140117cd8.jpg?v=0

- DVDs

41C4CX9H3PL._SS400_.jpg

DON'T JUDGE MEE

DON'T JUDGE MEE

I was going to ask "...Why?", but now I won't. :grin:

Jurassic Park with Guns?...Go watch Dino Riders dammit, Hell they should just make a Dino riders Movie, that would be epic

though I do like the time Travelling Zombie Dino's

Dino Riders was freaking awesome!!!!

Lucas has confirmed that yes, he intends to re(re)-release Star Wars in 3D.

FUCK YEA!!! :grin:

Jurassic Park is just another example of turning a classic film into a shitty series. I call it The Matrix Syndrome. :weep:

I want the dinosaurs to speak. And, in the end, I want the dinosaurs to capture all of the hoomans and keep them in a park with electric fences, and one Dieknowosore who looks like Richard Attenborough will oversee the whole thing. Then, they could clone a species which is part Attenborough, part Goldblum and part brachiosaurus, with the advantages of all 3 (the wisdom of Attenborough, the looks of Jeff and the neck of a braciosaurus) and they could...use the neck to climb to the moon. Yes, climb to the moon using your own neck. Oh. Is that a crapper idea than giving guns to dinosaurs?!

Now that sounds like my type of movie :)

Saw VI Director to Helm Paranormal Activity 2

Heat Vision is reporting that Saw VI director Kevin Greutert will helm a sequel to Oren Peli's Paranormal Activity for Paramount Pictures. Michael R. Perry is penning the script.

Made for about $15,000, Paranormal Activity became a box office sensation as it earned $151 million worldwide.

Paramount is looking to release Paranormal Activity 2 on October 22, which puts it up against Saw VII 3D. The Greutert-directed sixth "Saw" wasn't able to beat "Paranormal" its opening weekend, making $14.1 million compared to "Paranormal's" $21.1 million that same weekend last October. Summit's graphic novel adaptation Red is also scheduled to open on Oct. 22.

Jason Blum and Oren Peli, are producing the second iteration. Steven Schneider will serve as executive producer.

"These guys get it, and the fans won't be disappointed," said Peli of Perry and Greutert's participation.

"Avatar" Is Biggest Box Office Draw Ever

1 Avatar Fox $1,858.9 $555.0 29.9% $1,303.9 70.1% 2009

2 Titanic Par. $1,843.2 $600.8 32.6% $1,242.4 67.4% 1997

Cameron Film Sinks His "Titanic" as Highest-Grossing Movie, but "Gone with the Wind" Way Ahead When Inflation Factored In

219ovtd.jpg

It's been the weekly box office champ since its debut six weeks ago.

"Avatar," observes CBS News Correspondent Ben Tracy, has made director James Cameron king of the world again. He out-did his "Titanic" success by creating an entirely new world for moviegoers, combining state-of-the art 3D visual effects with old-fashioned romance.

Avatar star Sigourney Weaver says Cameron "has so much respect for the audience and the individual theater-goer, he wanted to give them the story he dreamed of seeing when he was 14."

Still, Cameron was criticized early-on for the film's budget, said to be nearly half-a-billion dollars.

But Cameron was having none of it, saying, "You learn to tune all that out and just say, 'Wait until people see the film. Then we'll know if we're in trouble or if we're in good shape."

That, understates Tracy, is no longer in question, with "Avatar" attracting a worldwide audience of both men and women, young and old. "And it ain't over yet," Dergarabedian points out. "This film could do $2 billion worldwide, something unthinkable" before.

Yet, says Tracy, "Avatar" will need some very special effects to beat the inflation-adjusted box office champ.

In 1939, 'Gone with the Wind" took in $400 million worldwide. That's the equivalent of some $6 billion in today's dollars.

There's also teh added cost of watching it in 3D to factor in, too. If you just equate it to tickets purchased, I'd reckon titanic would still win.

But nobody cares about that. Just the money!

Weekend At Bernie's Remake

Moviehole says Gladden Entertainment is re-animating the corpse of Bernie Lomax for a reboot of the dead man in hilarious poses concept. They’re also the people behind the Mannequin remake we all heard about a few weeks ago. If you’re going to do one, why not the other? It sort of makes sense.

It’ll still be the story of a man who dies and the two friends who wheel his corpse around and make it look like he’s alive by taking him to wild parties. Just don’t expect to see fallen 80s idols Andrew McCarthy and Jonathan Silverman back in starring roles. Word is that they’ll fill their Hawaiian shirts with hot, hairless youngsters. As for Bernie Lomax, he was played by Terry Kiser, a man with a great talent for sitting very still. Now Kiser's getting up there in age and while he has two low-budget movies coming out, it's probably safe to assume that he too is out of the picture. That means casting a new dead guy as well. Moviehole suggests Burt Reynolds, but I’m hoping they’ll add a whole new creepiness factor and cast an America’s Next Top Model. Aren’t they supposed to be really good at holding still? Plus those girls know how to party. Paging Adrianne Curry.

Dead Rising Movie Trailer

that looks absolutely fucking amazing

What he said.

It's described as "the Dad's Army of terrorism", and watching that clip, I can't agree more. I really, really want to see this when it comes out...

Paranormal Activity 2? is there really any need?

the whole movie industry really is made off of remakes and sequels huh

and videogames movies.

There's also teh added cost of watching it in 3D to factor in, too. If you just equate it to tickets purchased, I'd reckon titanic would still win.

But nobody cares about that. Just the money!

The 3D glasses are sold seperately though.

lol avatar.

First clip from Chris Morris' next - Four Lions. Premièring at Sundance.

This looks great. :grin:

Number 01 in 38 days. Avatar breaks Titanic's worldwide record.

I was sure it would never be done in my lifetime. I called in the 'Joe DiMaggio 56-game hitting streak' of box office records. But it has been done. In just 38 days, James Cameron's Avatar has surpassed the $1.843 billion that James Cameron's Titanic amassed in its 41 weeks of theatrical play. We can argue all we want about 3D prices and general ticket price inflation, but this is an incredible feat in in filmgoing era, let alone our splintered generation.

Today's audiences have far more entertainment options to keep them out of the theaters. Back in Christmas 1997 and Winter 1998, the Internet was barely in its infancy, bootlegs of any kind were a non-factor, and DVDs barely on the radar. Just as no one expects the season finale of Lost to match the numbers for the finale of MASH, today's moviegoers are far more divided and have far more entertainment options that they did even twelve years ago. I don't think anyone thought Titanic's worldwide record would be topped within a generation. No one thought it would be done so quickly, and by the same filmmaker no less. This is absolutely astonishing, all the more so for the fact that it's not anywhere close to being finished.

While the domestic numbers may be curbed by the inevitable loss of IMAX and 3D screens, the international numbers (which rely far less on 3D and IMAX theaters) have no real ceiling at this point. Avatar has grossed $1.304 billion in overseas markets alone. There are only four other movies that have ever grossed even half that in overseas receipts. Avatar has today grossed $1.859 billion in global grosses. There are only eight other films that have grossed at least $929 million worldwide, or half that number. Who knows where this movie will stop? Amazing...

First piece of Cars 2 artwork:

962.jpg

I don't have high hopes for it storywise (although I think Cars is okay in a fairly shallow way...if that makes sense) but it might be a real pretty film to watch at least ^_^ Takes place across Japan, Italy, Germany, France and England. Well, the England section won't be nice to look at...

First piece of Cars 2 artwork:

962.jpg

I don't have high hopes for it storywise (although I think Cars is okay in a fairly shallow way...if that makes sense) but it might be a real pretty film to watch at least ^_^ Takes place across Japan, Italy, Germany, France and England. Well, the England section won't be nice to look at...

Depends which aspects they are going to focus on.

3691631509_32e0be830b.jpg

or

6a00d83504f1a853ef0120a67d8199970c-800wi

Soo... Did I miss the excitement for The Expendables in this thread?
The Incredibles sequel, featuring a bunch of superhero's no one's all that fussed about?

No, the stallone-directed testosterone fest, which stars Stallone, Jason Statham, Randy Couture, Stone-cold Steve Austin, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Trejo, Schwartzenegger, and EXPLOSIONS.

(and charisma carpenter)

It's the film to end all films. Nobody will ever recognise even a shred of story. STALLONE SCHWARTZENEGGER AND WILLIS IN THE SAME MOVIE!

Powerthirst cinimatographied.

First clip from Chris Morris' next - Four Lions. Premièring at Sundance.

Oh Jesus that made me fucking laugh so much.

I'm excited for that.

^^ Yeah I know, it's about a bunch of mercs or something right? I am very much looking forward to seeing something of it!

Edited by Retro_Link