N-Europe

Super/Street Fighter IV

Dante

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to get my head- and indeed my thumbs- around EX Focus Cancelling. Mental shit but I did some pretty tasty hadouken > Shoryuken combos in the training room.

I'm starting to learn the joys of normal cancelling in game too- Rising shots in to specials seems to be the order of the day. I like.

Kens HP in the air seems to have greater priority than his HK in this game, so you might want to try that instead, and your combo might work better if you use an MK as the second part of that since you can combo directly into a shoryuken from it, while a HK leaves some open frames for the opponent to block =).

I might borrow that combo actually, sounds fun =p.

Agreed jumping HP is very nice and goes well into a regular HP. If using a MK after the Jump HK it's best to do a crouching MK because that follows on faster and can go straight into a super or an EX hadouken which is an awesome combo. I still like Jumping HK to HK though, you have to do it quite fast and then you can follow it with a medium shoryuken almost instantly.

Try doing Ken's 4th Normal trial in the challenge mode - that's where I got it from...

Man, I really want to play this now >.<

Im actually trying to come up with combos that dont use the jump as jumping is asking your opponent to shove a shoryuken/tiger uppercut in your face (I say these cos when do you ever get an opponent that isnt a shoto or sagat. I mean for god's sake, 2-3 akumas in a row! beat them both/all though :D)

Im actually trying to come up with combos that dont use the jump as jumping is asking your opponent to shove a shoryuken/tiger uppercut in your face (I say these cos when do you ever get an opponent that isnt a shoto or sagat. I mean for god's sake, 2-3 akumas in a row! beat them both/all though :D)

It's a good feeling beating someone who picks Akuma, especially when you see them pick him after you've chosen as though they think it'll be an easy win. He's really just ryu with slower reflexes and jumping toward them is an easy way to completely avoid the special/ultra.

Had a few good games with Goron 3 this evening - he's the only Guile I've played online, and he's great! Made a nice change from all the Kens I'm fighting in random matches too. I'm usually not so bad playing with Rose, but got slaughtered tonight. :p I only managed to win two out of nine matches before I slunk off with my tail between my legs.

It's a good feeling beating someone who picks Akuma, especially when you see them pick him after you've chosen as though they think it'll be an easy win. He's really just ryu with slower reflexes and jumping toward them is an easy way to completely avoid the special/ultra.

It's awesome when they pull it out and you just jump to avoid it which also allows you to easily enter one of your combos. Ah! Just beat another one although it got close!

Oh and NEW CHARACTER GET! Guile is now a main, well, he's my anti sagat character cos he is such a beast!

Ah just got my 5 ranked wins trophy :D Would have not achieved that without my anti sagat plan. Always used to get close then that bum would turn up. And just had a match with an El Fuerte player who had 1785 points before i took 85 off that! After loosing 3 times on the trot, this is a great way to bounce back! Love this game!

Had a few good games with Goron 3 this evening - he's the only Guile I've played online, and he's great! Made a nice change from all the Kens I'm fighting in random matches too. I'm usually not so bad playing with Rose, but got slaughtered tonight. :p I only managed to win two out of nine matches before I slunk off with my tail between my legs.

Haha cheers for the compliment! I've only started getting good with Guile, used to be way too offensive and forget to charge up moves which was dumb :blank: Still find it way too hard to use the Ultra in online matches though without getting whipped in the process.

You know though you ain't too bad, though sometime you didnt crouch and block meaning I could flash kick/sweep you when the oppotunity arose. Still we had some good matches, especially the double KO one (think that was with you?).

You beat my Balrog though :(

Haha cheers for the compliment! I've only started getting good with Guile, used to be way too offensive and forget to charge up moves which was dumb :blank: Still find it way too hard to use the Ultra in online matches though without getting whipped in the process.

You know though you ain't too bad, though sometime you didnt crouch and block meaning I could flash kick/sweep you when the oppotunity arose. Still we had some good matches, especially the double KO one (think that was with you?).

You beat my Balrog though :(

Yeah, that was the first time I'd had a double KO, pretty cool. I know I'm terrible at remembering to block, it's the same in Smash Bros, I never use the shield.

Still, after playing you I went off and won a couple of other random matches with Rose, so I wasn't too disheartened. :)

Thats 50% of the Trophies got! But I just know I aint getting the platinum. Some of the Gold ones like 'The Gold Standard' (earn gold medals in all challenges) are so difficult they border on impossible. And defeating Gouken on the hardest difficulty is going to take a while.

Also, fought a Jap who played Cammy wearing the DLC costume.........Mint!

I still suck in online ranked matches :(

Hovering around 300 points now, still winning 1 in 3/4 as an average. Ah well. Must be playing hard people, that's my excuse :p

I was training with Chunners the other day on hardest CPU. Won like 80 per cent of the time in 50 fights (yeh, i was bored), so i cant be that bad. Online opponents are just so different, by the time i've gotten used to their style it's the third round and i lose. Pah.

When it comes to online play, I generally use the first round the analyse my opponent, and come up with a game plan to absolutely smash them, should I win the first round. If I lose that round, it's all part of the gameplan. Really annoying though when you realise you are up against someone who is just gonna rip you to shreds like yesterday. There was this guy who was using ryu and he was kicking the crap out of me with his cross-up play. Could just not block it.

This is awesome, looks like people are finally getting properly into SF =D. I'm really loving getting the hang of Akuma. So many more combo opportunities compared to the other shotos, seeing as you can combo either his light, or EX Tetsumaki into a heavy shoryuken. Only problem is not being able to combo into his super or ultra moves, but other than that, he's turning into my favourite character, since they kinda screwed Ken in this game.