N-Europe

The Work/Job/Career Thread

Dyson

Jay, did you get paid awful for the paper round? And have to put leaflets in papers?

I got paid something like £6.40 for over 40 papers 6 days a week. blatant child labour. at the same time my sister did about 6 papers aday for £6 a week, and her round lasted about 15 mins while mine took 45!

You have to work there a year first.

I got my discount after 3 months at woolies :)

Guest dynastygal

Wow, I got paid under £5, and delivered about 200+ papers or more, and had to put the leaflets in myself. It took most of the evening after school.

I earnt £450 for a website design last month that took me about half a day total. I've got another one lined up for a freelance photographer :D she probably won't be paying quite that much though... :/ I'm currently studying English and Japanese at University and see myself teaching and webdesigning in the future, and in an ideal world publishing a book or two.

Guest dynastygal
I did a paper round, got paid £20 a week, for about 30 papers every morning before school, and lots more at the weekends.

This lead to me obtaining my current Saturday job which is good :)

Luck so n' so....anyways, it seems Herald and Post are utter £*£*$ (which I delivered) so if any children near you want paper rounds advise against H and P!

I work for the MoD. Been there nearly 5 years now. I like it, tis a good job, pay isnt great for London but it's a Government job so you gotta expect that. Benefits are ok, People there are great, met some good friends whilst being there. Location and easiness to get to can't be beaten.

Do I wanna stay there all my working life? I just don't know. I have no idea what career I want and in the mean time this pays the bills and gives me my beer money.

I work in dun dun duuunn..RETAIL *hears the crash of thunder*

Early Learning Centre, which is pretty damn cool, £5.59 an hour, get 5% off at ELC and 20% at Mothercare (Not that i'll be using them anytime soon, but it's nice to have just in case) Once you go through these work books (induction, Bronze, Silver, Gold and senior sales) you get a little pay rise after completing each one. Plus TOYS, bloody love playing with them most of the day ^^

Annoying thing, the little bastard kids we get in who have bloody fits when mums try and get them our of the shop, not nice to the ears >>

Left uni a few months ago with a psychology degree and seem to be stuck in admin jobs at the moment. My current job is with the NHS so hopefully it'll look good on my cv that i converse with many professionals. What i'm currently looking for is an assistant psychologist job, but they're near impossible to get :(