N-Europe

Sounds pretty good Dan. What mag?

Had my first lecture on 'digital fiction' today.

-Tutor has Empire of the Sun playing upon arrival (thumbs up)

-Then we play a getting-to-know-each-other game where we have a card with a name on it, and we have to find our partner - so Tom would be looking for Jerry, only you can't just ask outright, you have to investigate in a 20-questions way.

My card had JANE on, so I spent 5 mins asking people if they swang from the treetops, wore loincloths, etc. Turns out my partner was EDWARD. Further investigation - TWI-FUCKING-LIGHT. I was actually offended.

-Then tutor says "my name is Alice and I am Angry! *clenches fists and shakes them violently*" ... Then turns to the next person who apparantly knew gistful things and said "Your name is Alice and you are *clenches fists* ANGRY! My name is Zoe and I am *twirls finger at head* ZANY!" And thus the list grows. I made THE BIGGEST FUNNY by asking if I was allowed to take notes. I was also a very sarcastic 'jolly'.

-Turns out I'm not the only failure - another girl (Amy, if you remember her Shorty?) was in the class. She seemed annoyed that I'd broken the illusion of 'a fresh start'. I am her crimson spot.

-DIGITAL FICTION isn't just fiction digitised, like ebooks and such, but rather more interactive, with the user/reader choosing what information to read in the order loosely held together by the author. One example was a picture of a body, and clicking on a part gave you a story, with some words url-ised that took you to other stories - essentially like a cross between those adventure books you read as a kid where you either went to PAGE 62 TO TAKE THE HIGH ROAD or PAGE 74 TO TAKE THE LOW ROAD, crossed with wikipedea.

Group work for teh assessment, not judged on creative writing but creative use of the medium. There's lots of potential, and about 6 weeks to do it so it's alright.

-Booked Hubs for Jugglesock.

-Got home, hungry as fuck, and thought I'd bore y'all.

Oh and the quick train is only like 42 minutes. You'd be a fool to ever get any other one!

Get in Dan! As Jay enquired, what mag? Also, how did you manage it?

Do you have to ask benign, unfunny and tedious questions about everything everyone ever posts?

You shaved it off, didn't you?

I wouldn't blame you, only Jay can pull that look off. Fact. Everytime I see him at the meets I get jealous. I kid you not.

On the day front. Had my interview today. I feel it went well, shall know by the end of the week.

It's odd as to how much you need. Do you have a small or detailed birth certificate? Most places don't accept the ones with just a name (like my one). Not to mention that when I needed to show mine, I also needed two name change certificates (as my surname was changed twice).

You were right chap, they had a bitchfit about it being the smaller one. I do have the detailed one, but it has my original birthname [before it was changed], so they'd probably want even more documentation than they did with my mum's wedding certificate. I'm gonna have to apply for a replacement provisional license.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

My food came!

p1020103wp.jpg

But they didn't have the chicken I ordered and I asked for nothing to be replaced if they were out of stock.

But it was a save really.

It was 13 quids worth of chicken and I realised I'd have to freeze it and wait for it to thaw, etc.

I'll just get Qorn because it's cheaper and I can use it straight away.

- Also.

I didn't just randomly take a picture of my food for the forum.

My girlfriend wanted to see what it looked like.

I...

Er...

It's kind of weird I took a picture.

Let's just move past this.

I dunno.

She's probably in morning lectures right now.

5... behind, so...

*counts on fingers*

Half nine!

Lol, just this second:

[2:32:58 PM] Candy Mountain: good god

[2:33:09 PM] Candy Mountain: that is a hell of a lot of food

Edited by Ashley

Whooooo I'm not alone!

Anyway congrats on the internship! =)

Cheers :)

Get in Dan! As Jay enquired, what mag? Also, how did you manage it?

It's with Leeds Guide. Kind of a listings and review mag for the city. I got it through uni- turns out one of their staff members is an alumni off my course so when they wanted (good) interns they knew where to ask. Boom Boom Pow.

Murray - I didn't think anyone actually liked the beard. Ta!

Wes - that's an obscene abount of toilet paper for yourself.

Does she still wear a dress over jeans every single day.

Lol - not today but I do anticipate it in teh future. I think that's her summer attire...

Cheers :)

It's with Leeds Guide. Kind of a listings and review mag for the city. I got it through uni- turns out one of their staff members is an alumni off my course so when they wanted (good) interns they knew where to ask. Boom Boom Pow.

I think I know the thing. Awesome for you buddy :)

I got to sleep in today, yay! =)

Still got a painful back, no! =(

Apart from that today is ok I guess. I'm trying to do research for my project and dissertation. So much time goes into this, yet the dissertation is barely worth any grades compared to the rest, boooh.

Also, I can't access lots of articles I need because you need to be in a uni that has the Athens thingie, which we don't have here in Belgium apparently. =(

I got to sleep in today, yay! =)

Still got a painful back, no! =(

Apart from that today is ok I guess. I'm trying to do research for my project and dissertation. So much time goes into this, yet the dissertation is barely worth any grades compared to the rest, boooh.

Also, I can't access lots of articles I need because you need to be in a uni that has the Athens thingie, which we don't have here in Belgium apparently. =(

If you promise not to email my tutors mean things, I'm happy for you to use my user/pass/uni to get in