NEurope

Spent the past 2 weeks desperately trying to get better, but absolutely nothing was working. I headed to the drop in centre and after what seemed like hours of waiting and being glared at like I had some form of std, I finally managed to see someone. She just glared at me and was like "I'm stunned you're still walking, love". I had a throat infection, an ear infection in both ears, something effecting my stomach, a sinus infection and then ulcer type things down the back of my throat which were preventing me from eating basically anything. All being caused by one another. My hatred of going to doctors was retarded. I could have been feeling better weeks before had I just gone. Why am I such a retard?

I still managed to be doing things though. Visited Han in Cambridge which apart from the illness, was amazing fun. Then Channy came up to visit for almost a week, and it was lovely spending time with Chris and Chan. Really have missed her.

Also signed up for some scavenger hunt across Europe with Sheffield Uni. :D I'm so excited, it sounds like ridiculous amounts of fun being sent across Europe with only clues to tell you where to go next.

Had 2 phone-calls today

One from my Dad saying he had been picked out to go to Exeter to inform a young female her boyfriend/partner has been killed in Afganistan. I was wondering why him, but i found out this female lives and works in Cardiff so he is nearest to her address as such. Had to wait in for him to come home, drop the dog off and pick a few things up. Thought it was a waste of a day having to wait in from 10:30am for him (he had to get a hire car for the occasion (usually takes an hour, took 5 instead). He has to take her and her parents to Swindon and to RAF Lynham where the body will be taken to). My Dad won't be back til Friday now, but it is in his job though to do this upsetting and difficult task.

Luckily, had the second phone-call which was from a company in Langstone, Newport who asked me if i would attend an interview tomorrow at 12pm. Of which i said yes. And it is also the quickest an employer has ever got back to me as well (applied on Friday, hear on Tuesday).

So that will make it 2 interviews this week (got one on Friday). And with the spare-time left, i have to clean the whole house properly (all nooks and crannys as such) as we have the estate agent coming to take photos of the place, and do an assessment on the essentials e.g. boiler, water-tank etc in preparation to put the house on the market.

A busy, busy week.

Hey. :hehe:

TBF I still enjoy the place immensely, I just get far too drunk, fail to go to uni the next day, dance like a twatmonkey on weetabix, fail to notice girls, spill my drink on scary massive people, get psuedo-molested by my (male) companions and, occasionally, fall down some stairs and/or walk into a wall.

I was born without class.

Mummy called today, saying Gran's funeral is this Friday. Told them at work and was surprised how "easy" it was to get the day off. I was expecting some "find someone to swap shifts with". Although to be fair, I've only emailed one leader [on advice of another, who knows the situation], but if I get bullshit tomorrow I shall go spare.

Won a tenner on a scratchcard though :hehe:

Mummy called today, saying Gran's funeral is this Friday. Told them at work and was surprised how "easy" it was to get the day off. I was expecting some "find someone to swap shifts with". Although to be fair, I've only emailed one leader [on advice of another, who knows the situation], but if I get bullshit tomorrow I shall go spare.

Won a tenner on a scratchcard though :hehe:

Funeral must be the easiest thing to get off. Theres probably some legal doo-hickey about it anyway. Hope it all goes smoothly.

I am about to become even more of a pioneer than I am already.

My girlfriend bought me this:

Gelli_Baff.jpg

The pisstake is, one pack "recommends" a bath to be filled 6cm. The picture is misleading. It does semi-suggest putting in more water though. I've filled it up around that mark and added the powder, it apparently needs 5 mins to work its magic.

I'm hoping it's going to be well sexy.

- The word 'pincushion' is great

- Domino's Pizza is rockalicious

- Corp is a bad, bad, bad place.

- jayseven is rubbish at noticing when a girl is interested in him

- A friend is giving me a kitten!

- So long as I can, like, look after it and stuff...

- Been offered a room in a house for £200 a month from july

- Up to UFC 22

Tbf its quite amusing, :D.

Not seen you in a while (apart from like a quick chat the other day). I must see you guys in the pub or something.

In other news: the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons actually call themselves BAAPS

:love:

In other news: the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons actually call themselves BAAPS

Anyone get vague recollections of Is It Legal?

Anyways, the bath was pr0. It was like being in a warm Slush Puppy/Ice Blast/Whatever they call it.

EEVIL; do you need another bath afterwards to wash it all off? Looks pretty icky.

nightwolf; textual intercourse is teh way forward. Book it, and they will come.

life;

- Dark Tower is TOO GOOD

- Housemates accuse me of not pulling my weight

- I point out some interesting facts and statistics about who's cleaned teh bathroom teh most, who's done the washing up 4 times in teh last week, and whose mess remains in the lounge

- Housemates back down, feel ashamed

EDIT:

- Just found out my twitter was 'hacked'

- Changed password

- Random people following me have scared me away from the website for another 6 months, I think

The pouring of the water over herself in that video is one of those images that holds a special place in my head [alongside a random piece of music from FFVII, the music played when you go to Junon harbour, really really randomly - it's chronically stuck in my head], which comes to me at really random points. Like, I see it all the time. A really powerful image.

Highbrow entertainment is little more than prostitution thinly guised as creativity. The label of creation is such an abstract farce in comparison to the true nature of man-made activities! This 'creativity' that we speak of is more a comment on how successful one can channel their own amalgamated experience into a universally recognised form, rather than a from-the-dirt, ground-upwards constructed entity.

To exceed in life, need we be artful? Yes. Succeeding suggests merely an accomplishment of preset goals, of completing a set checklist of achievable things. But excess is by definition unnecessary, and while success is a liquid brewed from subjectivity, J.D. Salinger had his wits about him when describing happiness as a solid. To be content with ones life is the ultimate goal, but just reaching towards the predictable will only find a feeling garnished with the flavour of certainty. Excess is reward.

So I guess having low standards is the easiest way to ascertain excess. Belief in the self has less to do with it than belief in your fellow man, in their capacity to be as merciful and as generous as you are capable of being, as you are in your strong moments.

But surely when involving relationships with other sentient beings one has to have a certain amount of guile and wit? To forgive and to overlook are lessons taken in the school of lies, and a lie is the mother of creativity. To lie is not to cheat, but to compromise. The wrong and the damned are those who take advantage of our capacity to invent in order to further themselves and not others. To lie to improve another's character or mood is surely the second greatest act we can do, besides improving them with truth... But we don't create truth, we merely observe it. The lie is what we have to wave in the face of a God in truimph!

Or something. Five minute outburst fades away. Effort gives way to realism, to a tone not dissimilar to dejection. Truth, while never ours, has the one benefit of rewarding us with a rather nice wholesome feeling.

BUT PRIDE IS BAD INNIT.

Shh, j6andthreequarters.

Just out of bed feel really sick :(.

Just giving Ivy her weetabix which is a lot of fun, shes covered in it :D

EEVIL; do you need another bath afterwards to wash it all off? Looks pretty icky.

It comes with its own ooze dissolving powder. However since I filled the water to the max[ish] I don't think it worked properly. As such I used the shower to wash my hair, as when you take your arm/leg/etc out the water it's got bits of gel on it. Good to squeeze and whatever, but as you can imagine it can get caught in the hair. Murder on the pubes.

I think I got a bit of the gel in my ear too, it's gone now.

Either way, totally worth it.

Dance music can be covered over by rock music. Fact.

I know this because continously my neighbours will talk loudly, scream and play crappy music to keep me and my whole house awake, I'm barely covering 2-3hours sleep a night and my other housemates have resorted to pills to sleep. Great.

Now I've organised a pub day, its nice out, I've sorted it since yesterday, infact since monday, some people replied and it was all good, but the rest...pah. Half of them are complaining at the place I chose being too expensive, when I gave them a choice and none of them replied to it, the other half are giving me the whole 'I'll let you know' no you won't because next time you can fuck off.

Why can people be so unreliable, I can understand forgetting, but I know that all my friends are practically glued to their phones.

Not going to bother again.

Then I got to pounded and ended up nearly throwing up with a massive headache, so I was there for half an hour and had to come home.

Big big pile of wank.

I embarrassed myself this morning. On my way down to the shop to get some Bru to try and help the hangover I felt an urge to be sick coming on.... I found some bushes to hide behind. :woops:

I'd better be on form for the Scotland match tonight! The plan is to drink as soon as I finish work so I can catch up with the lads who will be drinking from around 4/5pm. I'll start on the train home from work at half 5, be at my mates for 6:15. Leave for Hampden around 7ish in time for the kick-off at 8. Can't wait. Scotland matches are always the best, even though this is only a friendly it's Levein's first game in charge so there should be a big turnout!

Will be heading out afterwards. For anyone who knows Glasgow/Scotland, Octopussy, one of the biggest club nights in Glasgow (and has recently started in both Edinburgh and Stirling) is moving back to The Arches which has just been done up. It's a fantastic venue for a clubnight as the sound system is immense... They also have Rock Band which just totally makes it for me! I shall also be wearing my kilt so hopefully the ladies will like it.

The question is, to true Scotsman or to not true Scotsman...

Why can people be so unreliable, I can understand forgetting, but I know that all my friends are practically glued to their phones.

It's a pain, isn't it? In my group of friends at least there's a couple of guys who just need to pick up the phone and ask a few people and a big night out or whatever will be organised in a flash. If other people did that nothing would happen.

I was actually surprised that I got the majority of my group of friends round to mine on Friday night for a Band Hero/drinking/Chatroulette session which was really good. Also got 4 guys coming to the football tonight. :)

I just quoted you twice in a row without even realising it!

The question is, to true Scotsman or to not true Scotsman...

Definitely true Scot. If not then you're a blood traitor.

It's a pain, isn't it? In my group of friends at least there's a couple of guys who just need to pick up the phone and ask a few people and a big night out or whatever will be organised in a flash. If other people did that nothing would happen.

I was actually surprised that I got the majority of my group of friends round to mine on Friday night for a Band Hero/drinking/Chatroulette session which was really good. Also got 4 guys coming to the football tonight. :)

I just quoted you twice in a row without even realising it!

Its even more annoying that now people seem to be at the pub, but why they couldn't have text me like three hours ago and told me is beyond me.

Sigh at least they turned up!

I'm feeling kinda shit today and I don't know why. All I want to do is sleep; can't get motivated to do anything at all...

Also keep getting phonecalls from an unknown number. They rang me the last two days, three times each day. Never had my phone with me so couldn't pick up. They called twice today; second time I managed to pick up the phone, but all I heard was a weird phone noise, then nothing...

Dad called the number and he got a French message, but nothing more. No idea what it's about. Leave me alone people!

My day was made so much better by the fact I discovered that Jonsi from Sigur Ros officially remixed Madonna's version of American Pie. Quite stunning to hear./ just better than her normal one.

Also my tutotr came round and told me my film piece was really nice. YAY. Now off to get blank DVD's and pray it copies/burns right. *has horrible memories of times past*