NEurope

We ended up spending a lot of time together before we came to admit we liked each other

Haha, 5 days isn't really a lot of time however you look at things. Try a year. :heh:

we're organising a wedding!

I hope I'm invited.

Anyhoo, good times for me. And Aspects of the Theory of Syntax is an amazing book.

urgh.... can't believe I have to head back into Uni in half an hour for an hour tutorial on philosophy. Had an english tutorial this morning and it was good. Got to show off my acting credentials while reading Dr. Faustus (:laughing:) and the girl sitting across the room, who I like, kept smiling/catching my eye. So that was nice. But yeh, not up for this next tutorial. I couldn't be bothered to read all of The Meno because it just annoyed be through how idiotic it was. It's supposed to be philosophy not bastardise everything the other person says. :nono: Think I'll offer to take minutes in the tutorial so I don't ruffle any feathers with remarks toward how arrogant I found it.

Not an -amazing- day... I met a friend (let's call her Molly) of a girl I know (let's call her Amy) a couple weeks ago on a night out and we got on quite well. She's nice and everything and we've been texting since. Now she's not girlfriend material but she's a 'would' (and more importantly a 'could')... AND I don't think she's exactly looking for a 'boyfriend' either...

Now there's a planned night out this Friday with my friend Amy and the circle I know her through. As it's far from me and all my friend's are lame or with partner I usually stay at this campsite nearby. Now Molly asked what I was doing this weekend and I tell her my plan and say she can stay at my tent after if she wants. Annnd she seems enthusiastic so whoop whoop yeah yeah, in all likelyhood I'm getting laid or at least getting some action... and it's been a LONG time so I'm eager...

But I totally forget that Amy fell out with Molly (although she forgot to tell Molly that) on the night I met her annnd... Amy's STILL pissed at her. Long story cut short, some shit stirrer told Amy that Molly was flirting with her boyfriend. She wasn't, she was just being friendly and trying to make a good impression as she hadn't met him before. So Molly talks to Amy about tomorrow night and they have a massive fall out over this unresolved and never before voiced issue. So now Amy's pissed at me for inviting her without consulting her first and Molly's pissed and upset because she thinks that that whole circle is against her now so won't be coming and more importantly...

I'm not getting laid. :(

So not a great today and probably a worse tomorrow!

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

I've had what I thought was just a cold from last Monday. The fact I still have it tells me it's probably something else. I also woke up with a nice case of conjunctivitis this morning as well. So I'm finally going to the doctors later on today. I don't think it's swine flu, I'm pretty sure I already had it a few months back, but was one of those people whom it didn't affect too badly. Whatever it is, I'm getting particularly tired of it.

Hopefully if my appointment isn't too long I'm going to a ChemSoc lecture on the chemistry of bubbles, films and other such things later on which should be interesting. If I wasn't so heavily dosed up on all available meds I'd also enjoy the free wine reception afterwards as well. Alas, no.

Otherwise it's been an ok day, and I have a nice weekend lined up providing my eyes haven't been eaten by some terrible disease or something.

Edited by Razz

Something is seriously wrong. I've actually gotten so many invites to do stuff this weekend that I'm having to start turning them down. Usually I have fuck all to do at the weekend.

I've had what I thought was just a cold from last Monday. The fact I still have it tells me it's probably something else. I always woke up with a nice case of conjunctivitis this morning as well. So I'm finally going to the doctors later on today. I don't think it's swine flu, I'm pretty sure I already had it a few months back, but was one of those people whom it didn't affect too badly. Whatever it is, I'm getting particularly tired of it.

Hopefully if my appointment isn't too long I'm going to a ChemSoc lecture on the chemistry of bubbles, films and other such things later on which should be interesting. If I wasn't so heavily dosed up on all available meds I'd also enjoy the free wine reception afterwards as well. Alas, no.

Otherwise it's been an ok day, and I have a nice weekend lined up providing my eyes haven't been eaten by some terrible disease or something.

Perhaps its just freshers flu? Karma for that DSi win perhaps?

Completely re-arranged my room due to new warddrobe and chest of drawers so spent most of the day doing that. Still some mess in my room so I went to the shops and picked up some bits I needed. More tidying later but for now typing up notes from yesterday.

Told my line manager that I don't mind doing the Tuesday and Wednesday evenings but not Monday and Thursday so she's changed it so I'm now doing Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evening. Silly thing. Put me on another module on Tuesdays with someone I know so need to see if that's okay (its a nothing friendship really, friend of a friend but dunno if its a conflict of interest or whatever) but I know he's deaf. Would give me an excuse to catch up on sign language again.

Also; friend's hot mother just added me to Facebook. Everyone loves a MILF.

Edited by Ashley

Good week, went to corp on monday, stayed out til 3. Apprently matt and his girlfriend had to push away two people after me, cute guys, but thats just annoying really.

Had class the next day at 9 - 12 then 3-6 still managed to make them all, which is frankly impressive! :D

My classes this year are freaking awesome for this term, my classes on monday are for getting a job in the industry, tuesdays are 3d animation and unreal tournment editor and thursdays are programming with a really cool tutor. I really cannot complain this year.

Homes abit rocky at the moment, so I'm going to my animation society tomorrow night and then going home next weekend for the sisters birthday, not that she deserves to have any freaking presents right now, but hey ho you can't pick your relatives!

:hmm:

Hang on- they were doing that without asking?

errm, yeah good day/ week! Been Hella busy as expected but my course kicks ass. The people on it kick ass. The lecturers kick ass. Even the bookshelves in the Library kick ass. It's pretty Kick Ass.

My day, I went to the dentist which is about as fun as being raped in the face by a cheese grater. That's done with so we can forget about that.

My mum just called and told me she's won a £600 Italian designer briefcase...which is nice. All I'm saying is it's a men's briefcase and I'm the only man in the house. Thank you, please. It'll go nicely with my watch.

oh yeah I went to the dentist too. Comically demented sounds from things inside my face don't really sit well with me but whatever. Job done. etc.

Hang on- they were doing that without asking?

errm, yeah good day/ week! Been Hella busy as expected but my course kicks ass. The people on it kick ass. The lecturers kick ass. Even the bookshelves in the Library kick ass. It's pretty Kick Ass.

Do what? I no understand!

Apparently matt and his girlfriend had to push away two people after me, cute guys, but thats just annoying really.

that bit. Sounds like they were scaring off innocents...

oh yeah I went to the dentist too. Comically demented sounds from things inside my face don't really sit well with me but whatever. Job done. etc.

Gives a whole new meaning to Blades of Glory.

Jimmy: Get out of my face.

Chazz: I'll get inside your face.

:heh:

I also went to the Dentist. My mouth feels like I've had the thousand hand slap to it. And yeah those noises that went on inside my head were not good...

EDIT:

Also; friend's hot mother just added me to Facebook. Everyone loves a MILF.

Pix?

Had to be said.

Edited by SPAMBOT4000
Automerged Doublepost

What is this? Dentist day?

I think we should celebrate this day less.

Today has been a good day. I worked in a Roman Catholic school yesterday, which was about 20 minutes from my house. Awesomes. Only worked there for the morning, and the kids kinda behaved like fools after breaktime, but it was ok on the whole.

Today, I worked in the same school I was at last week. Arrived at the school, and was expecting to work with Year 6 kids for the morning. Then, the receptionist/secretary woman comes into the room, says that another teacher is ill all day, and asks if I could cover that class instead all day and they could get someone else to cover for the morning of the class I was meant to be covering. My reply was : "oooooooook."

So, I did eet. Apparantly I had to watch out for about four or five kids in particular, but it was a piece of piss to be honest. Kids were pretty well behaved on the whole, we had some great fun with drama work and I think they liked having me as their teacher. I got pestered a few times over whether or not I would be covering them tomorrow, and when I said I didn't know, I got a chorus of "awwwwww, sadface." That's a nice feeling, haha.

Walked to the train station, and there are two platforms: one with trains going to Cardiff, and one with trains going in the opposite direction. So, I waited on the platform for the Cardiff train, but it turned up on the wrong platform. I actually walked right past it, but was too knackered to realise it was there, because I didn't expect eet to be there. Two college lads missed it too, so we caught the next train together. Both were really nice, and the one was Latvian. Fucking awesome.

When I arrived in Newportdon, I got a call of my agency lady. She said that the school were very impressed with me and that they want me to work there tomorrow. I'm teaching a Year 2 class, which I have never ever done before. They're so young... My agency person said that she wanted to test me to see how I'd do. If I teach Key Stage 1 tomorrow, it means that I have taught Key Stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 at the age of 22. Fucking have that!

Today has been a good day. I worked in a Roman Catholic school yesterday, which was about 20 minutes from my house. Awesomes. Only worked there for the morning, and the kids kinda behaved like fools after breaktime, but it was ok on the whole.

Today, I worked in the same school I was at last week. Arrived at the school, and was expecting to work with Year 6 kids for the morning. Then, the receptionist/secretary woman comes into the room, says that another teacher is ill all day, and asks if I could cover that class instead all day and they could get someone else to cover for the morning of the class I was meant to be covering. My reply was : "oooooooook."

So, I did eet. Apparantly I had to watch out for about four or five kids in particular, but it was a piece of piss to be honest. Kids were pretty well behaved on the whole, we had some great fun with drama work and I think they liked having me as their teacher. I got pestered a few times over whether or not I would be covering them tomorrow, and when I said I didn't know, I got a chorus of "awwwwww, sadface." That's a nice feeling, haha.

Walked to the train station, and there are two platforms: one with trains going to Cardiff, and one with trains going in the opposite direction. So, I waited on the platform for the Cardiff train, but it turned up on the wrong platform. I actually walked right past it, but was too knackered to realise it was there, because I didn't expect eet to be there. Two college lads missed it too, so we caught the next train together. Both were really nice, and the one was Latvian. Fucking awesome.

When I arrived in Newportdon, I got a call of my agency lady. She said that the school were very impressed with me and that they want me to work there tomorrow. I'm teaching a Year 2 class, which I have never ever done before. They're so young... My agency person said that she wanted to test me to see how I'd do. If I teach Key Stage 1 tomorrow, it means that I have taught Key Stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 at the age of 22. Fucking have that!

Get you!! Well done dude, looks like your gonna be a fantastic teacher! :smile:

Get you!! Well done dude, looks like your gonna be a fantastic teacher! :smile:

Thank you. Today kinda feels like a moral victory for me. I didn't have a great last placement school as my mentor just seemed like a cow. It left me feeling a bit bleh and shat for confidence. Then, all this applying lark and meeting other newly qualified teachers at that school visit the other week and seeing how they're all lively and stuff. It just sometimes makes you think that you're not good enough. So, being told by someone that you are good or receiving a compliment is a great feeling.

Thank you. Today kinda feels like a moral victory for me. I didn't have a great last placement school as my mentor just seemed like a cow. It left me feeling a bit bleh and shat for confidence. Then, all this applying lark and meeting other newly qualified teachers at that school visit the other week and seeing how they're all lively and stuff. It just sometimes makes you think that you're not good enough. So, being told by someone that you are good or receiving a compliment is a great feeling.

I know the feeling. Woohoo for moral victory! :D

Just gotta find the right place for you - a big positive for you doing the supply teaching, then you can find a place you would actually like to work in!

that bit. Sounds like they were scaring off innocents...

Oh they were just wasted boys being annoying, its alright.

Another pretty depressing day at work but better than the days of the week so far. Due to a server upgrade, we've not been getting any stats for the phones for the last 2 weeks but they came through today for yesterday and it's proof if ever I needed confirmation that the rest of my team are bone idle when it comes to answering them. My phone logged 2 hrs worth of calls but the next highest in the team was 20 mins - and yesterday wasn't even a particular busy day compared to some we've been having... or rather I've been having.

Played football this evening and put in another sterling performance - I've really come on as a player these last 3 months. Unfortunately my enthusiasm trying to stop a shot landed me with an arm in the face and two bust lips which is going to make eating some dinner a task to say the least.

It's like everything is conspiring against me this week and when things start to look like they are getting a little better, something comes along and takes the shine of it.

Another pretty depressing day at work but better than the days of the week so far. Due to a server upgrade, we've not been getting any stats for the phones for the last 2 weeks but they came through today for yesterday and it's proof if ever I needed confirmation that the rest of my team are bone idle when it comes to answering them. My phone logged 2 hrs worth of calls but the next highest in the team was 20 mins - and yesterday wasn't even a particular busy day compared to some we've been having... or rather I've been having.

Played football this evening and put in another sterling performance - I've really come on as a player these last 3 months. Unfortunately my enthusiasm trying to stop a shot landed me with an arm in the face and two bust lips which is going to make eating some dinner a task to say the least.

It's like everything is conspiring against me this week and when things start to look like they are getting a little better, something comes along and takes the shine of it.

you aren't the only one!

My boss pulled up the stats one day last week, I took 85 calls and the twat (the one that reported us) took 40. (out of about 170) Same length of working day, even call distribution etc. And tonight was 64/32. ¬_¬

And he has the cheek to go on about how awesome the new system is and how its evenly dealt. Fucking dickhead >_>

At least the boss can see and confirmed that I am indeed awesome. :D

Just keep at it and hopefully someone will recognise you! If your company is anything like the NHS you'll be waiting a while :heh:

I agree on the other bit too. I felt like passing my test would be awesome and I'd love it etc, but i just feel a bit empty. Not as hyper/excited as I was told I'd be (and what I was expecting) Grass is greener syndrome. Get one "happy" event over and you spend your life looking for the next one.

What to do now... It doesn't really seem worth it when I know I won't be fulfilled in the slightest

I'm not getting laid. :(

You just made my crap day even crappier. Thanks, Spambot. I expected more from you.

Yeah, today was a bit shit. I thought it was gonna be nice, seeing Lucy again for the first time in a few months and all on my hour lunch break, and it was great for the first 50 minutes. Then I got back to the store and my manager calls me over and starts having a go at me. I go and do something quikcly, telling Lucy I'll be right back. I get caught upstairs by someone else asking me something. I head back downstairs on to the shop floor as quickly as possible, only to find out she had left. I felt like a dick.

So yeah, that combined with the rest of the shit I had to do today (fuck you FIFA 10, fuck you very much) and I'm not too happy.

Dyson fail. If it'll cheer you up - you punched me in the heart at work the other day. You bruised me. I'm obviously never going to explain this.

So hot girl has started the mixed signals! And was surprisingly elated when I asked her if she wanted to play chess after work tomorrow (what a freak).

Uni earlier was 'fun' -- turns out my module this semester isn't the retake of romantic literature, but instead is Language and Psychology. I impressed the tutor with my idea of an experiment to prove a hypothesis, and instead of an essay we are to conduct EXPERIMENTS ON SMALL CHILDREN AND THE DISABLED research into varying elements of psycholinguistics. I'm probably going to look at lexicon storage/retrieval simply because it's ridiculously close to the A-grade a-level units I did on memory.

Managed to re-arrange the jugglesock committee meeting to lunch time. While I was waiting for them to turn up a middle-aged man sat next to me and made a comment that suggested I'd not be able to read even another word of my text book, because he was going to give me his life story. His wife was about to have a heart operation in a few hours, so I let him have his moment(s). It was all well and good 'til he started going on about gay pubs he knew of, then i noticed a lack of a wedding ring, so i made an excuse and went and had a cigarette outside and he was gone when i got back. Phew.

Then jugglesock committee dudes arrived, we sorted a fuck-tonne of shit out (practically rock-paper-scissorsed to see who'd be president. I lost :P), then I went for a cigarette and some other older dude came up to me and gave me his life story. Made my excuses and went back in, was half-way through my 2nd pint before i remembered oh shit, work at 4!

So I did work a wee bit pissed today. Shh.

Had another good 'ole day. Buying a relatively inexpensive box of chocolates went down a real treat, and watching episodes of Peep Show (series 1, she's never seen it) today was a great laugh.

In other news, some of you remember dynastygal (who wouldn't) - she has run a forum for ages that is reasonably popular called PSRV. I've always owned the URL that forwards to her website (I bought it for her way back when) - basically the URL people type (http://www.psrv.co.uk) links to her proboards forum.

Well seeing as I honestly couldn't care less anymore about her, I thought it'd be fun to just change it. So I linked the URL to http://www.n-europe.com/forum - which she really hates, what with the drama she went through on here. It'll take a day or two for the link change to reflect, though. Mind you, I could have linked the URL to things far worse, so she should consider herself lucky. :p