NEurope

I keep wussing out on showing my boss the government website on minimum wage to prove he's ripping us off:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nmw/#b

"£5.73 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older"

I actually think the minimum wage is one of the things responsible for this reccession. If there were no minimum wage or just a lower one there would be more people in work. Businesses are laying off because they cant afford the wage bills, which means they are no longer as productive which in turn means they may have to raise prices.

If the minimum wage were closer to £4 an hour you would find a lot more people in work.

Haha, I just came across a folder with lots of random notes about this concept I am building up. Most were good ideas but now redundant, some are really awesome and I'd forget them... some are just... weird. This is a note that I left for myself...

"Paint your fucking head off in strange colours!"

Now... what was past-Wesley trying to say...

I actually think the minimum wage is one of the things responsible for this reccession. If there were no minimum wage or just a lower one there would be more people in work. Businesses are laying off because they cant afford the wage bills, which means they are no longer as productive which in turn means they may have to raise prices.

If the minimum wage were closer to £4 an hour you would find a lot more people in work.

Whilst that may be true and getting some money is better than no money. You would find that a lot of workers would get exploited. It's hard enough to live on minimum wage, never mind any less than that. You would also find people working over 48 hours a week, just to pay bills and be able to eat.

Edit: £4 an hour works out at £600 a month, take off tax and your near £500 a month. Take off £100 for council tax, £150 for food. Which leaves £250 for rent, water, gas, leccy bills.

Edited by fex

God, today was relaxing. Got up for the first day back at college, and was suprisingly energetic. It got to lunch and it was boiling, so we just went and sat on the field/layed down. We layed there for what seemed like hours just chatting and laughing at GT from time to time. I loved.

My mother and her partner came to my city today and I showed them the flat, the hamster and a pile of stuff for them to take back for when I move in during the summer.

We then went to town and just casually strolled around. Stopped off in a nice pub I went to a while ago for one drink while waiting for a restaurant to open and had some really nice snacks. Shame I learn about this four weeks before I leave eh? Anyway we strolled around some more and my mom asked if I was okay because I was quiet and I realised I was just quite relaxed. It was a nice sunny day without being rediculously hot and it was nice to get a break from uni work for the day.

Umm since then I've made a birthday card (well, cut out random quotes, reviews (eg "Amazing. *****") and dirty words out of magazines and stuck them in a birthday card) and looked at stuff for Japan trip.

Back to the real world tomorrow, and I find out if I'm in the shit or in the joy with my dissertation.

We would all like to see this hamster. Are there pictures available?

24 just fucked me up.

You know Biker Mice From Mars? You know Throttle. Does anyone know what the figure of him was, back 15 years ago or whatever, but not his normal costume, the one of him in an orange, purple and blue costume? Does anyone know what it was called.

I want to buy MISB old figures, and I particularly want that one, but yeah. Can't remember its name.

Umm okay; n536116492_1628762_485.jpg

(not the best or whatever but the only photo I really have)

Hmm Felicia Day is in Birmingham this weekend. Stalk her? Y/N? I did reccomend a restaurant on Twitter, maybe I can stake out there in the hopes.

We are all happy to have now seen the hamster pooing on the MacBrick.

It was sniffing underneath. It has never pooed on my bed thanks :p

I miss my hamster... it destroyed all possibility of becoming attached to another animal when it died... :weep:

Apparently when totally trollied I told a mate to let people know I was gay, if they asked. I have no memory of this, and didn't want to ever come out at college, because some of the people there just aren't accepting in the slightest. So, she comes online and says "Yeah, the coursework is in for tomorrow...oh, and so and so in Psych know you're gay". I was like "Wha...".

I feel like a retard for caring, but it's just I can't be dealing with the stress of people being bastards, when exams are almost upon us. Though, I did love that they apparently said "He so doesn't seem like the type at all, I had no idea". I need to gay it up! :p

I found after coming out everything seemed to go more smoothly - I felt more confident because there was a massive weight off my chest.

Surely if you don't want people to find out, it would be counter productive to "gay it up" :p

Had first day of working at a special needs school was fun scary and challenging. But played with an action man figure and his jeep on a slide with some kids so that just about made my day.

That hamster is so godamn cute I wish they lived like 4 years not 2 I would be tempted to get another one if that was the case.

I did love that they apparently said "He so doesn't seem like the type at all, I had no idea". I need to gay it up! :p

I get the impression if they're the type who probably have a very specific idea of what is and isn't "gay." Anything less then a poodle and pink cravat would probably allow you to continue undetected.

In related news, I was at the gym earlier and the bodybuilders were out in force. For some reason they couldn't stop talking VERY LOUDLY about the size of each others balls. Charming. :heh:

Ooh, also, one of them was apparently an openly gay undertaker. With a German accent. Yes.

Edited by gaggle64

Surely if you don't want people to find out, it would be counter productive to "gay it up" :p

Lol, well the two peeps that now know are massive gossips. So, it's glaringly obvious tomrorow I'll walk into tutor and get "Omg, like...is it true?".

Walk in wearing something a stereotypical gay person would wear! Then they won't ask.

Walk in wearing something a stereotypical gay person would wear! Then they won't ask.

*Looks at his clothes*...So basically anything then, right? :heh:

But yes. I plan on wearing as much pink as possible. You know, just to confirm it. :p

--

Fucking effing cocking dicking titting psychology coursework. It's in for tomorrow, and I'm totally screwed.

Bah feeling pretty crappy at the moment. Showed my progress on my animation to my teacher, and he basically didn't like it at all. I spent hours upon hours to get it to where it is now, and then he tells me he doesn't like the idea. >.<;

Now I still have to use part of it and do something with that, though I'm not sure if he's expecting me to do it all over again or use the drawings I already have... Never understand his broken Dutch.

But yeah kinda upset about it. I actually had to go outside for a second and get some fresh air (not that anyone noticed as I also left to scan images). Rah. =(

*can't wait for summer break*

*huuuuge hugglesaurus*

Ignore him. Just pretend you can't understand what he's saying and never speak to him, again. Well, you wouldn't need to pretend. :heh:

It'll be ok.

Haggis, don't bend down to stereotypes!

*Can't really talk because he has ear pierced and has lovely hair*

Don't act gay because people expect that of you - just be yourself.

Haggis, don't bend down to stereotypes!

*Can't really talk because he has ear pierced and has lovely hair*

Don't act gay because people expect that of you - just be yourself.

Oh, nooo. I'm not saying that at all. I just felt like having a bit of a laugh, now that it's obvious everyone will be aware tomorrow.

I've started watching the first series of Digimon I downloaded. pr0 old school.

Plus I asked a girl out mid-BJ. So I've got a missus now.