NEurope

Today started off well, I spent the last few days staying with a friend so lots of fun ensued. Came home this evening to find a letter had come with information about my uni graduation which is going to cost me a ton (renting the robe, pictures, graduation ball) :(

I also got a letter about my part-time studies timetable. I'm starting work with an accountancy firm on Monday, and while I'm working there I have to do a part-time course to get another qualification. Classes are 9-5.30, every second Saturday and Sunday.. This is going to be torture. So the day has ended on a pretty crappy note.

I've been drinking. Decided since yesterday was the first day since I got here I hadn't drunk anything alcoholic, I'd make up for it today, I guess my plan worked, I actually feel non-sober today ^_^

cute-puppy-pictures-it-is-a-perfect-day-for-the-puppy-with-the-stick.jpg

i got signed off of work yesterday due to depression after a meeting at HQ.

i'm seriously considering quitting my job and coming home.

i dont know what to do...

lots of little problems escalating...

i'm gunna go for a long walk, call somebody, make a list of pros and cons...

and eat a burger. i has vouchers.

:cry:Hope you feel better soon bluey.

Aw =[ Hope you start to feel better, i hope you don't regret which ever decision you make either.

Your probobly home/jamba sick - Id sleep on it if i were you.

----------

I had a great day yesterday. A pub we go to had a deal going on, £7 and all your drinks were free =] i had 10 vodka and redbulls, then i was going for 10 alcopops... had 3 and got a free lift home =]

I'm in bed wearing a Ghostbuster costume watching Fonejacker sketches on Youtube. Plus hungover.

Hungover. But finished season 1 of Jericho! What a show. So today I'm supposed to read this book. Which I probably will do. Not sure. Ok.

Went to nightwolf's flat last night with my mate (Raj from the sheff meet) and her mate and we played some wii play (I suck at pretty much every game on that thing) and talked shit for a few hours. Fucking cold outside, and my window in my room refuses to close now! Great.

Now, off I go to eat eggs which are 10 days past their sell-by-date and bacon that's 2 days past... mmm!

dude if you poison yourself, don't be surprised...

well, from the eggs anyway. bacon should be fine unless it's sweaty.

also: last night was fail. mate let me down on good plans I was looking forward to. Should have hooked up with you guys and played some brawl.

dude if you poison yourself, don't be surprised...

well, from the eggs anyway. bacon should be fine unless it's sweaty.

Those dates are only guide lines for people who eat them, theywill lat longer than the dates say.

It would be against the law toselout of date stuff if it was danerous.

yeah but eggs ten days out? not saying Jay bought them out of date, only that they are now.

Certain kinds of food turn faster than others, some turn worse. Eggs, I imagine, might go bad fairly easily being the way they are.

yeah but eggs ten days out? not saying Jay bought them out of date, only that they are now.

Certain kinds of food turn faster than others, some turn worse. Eggs, I imagine, might go bad fairly easily being the way they are.

Yea, eggs are pretty bad lol.

They are really common for causing food poisoning.

The bacon will most likely be fine.

Yeah I've not cooked it up yet. I had some 9-day-old eggs yesterday and they tasted alright - on teh turn ;) So just bacon sarnies for me! Found some porkmince in teh fridge in a tub. Gonna smell it and see if it's dinner-worthy...

Yeah I've not cooked it up yet. I had some 9-day-old eggs yesterday and they tasted alright - on teh turn ;) So just bacon sarnies for me! Found some porkmince in teh fridge in a tub. Gonna smell it and see if it's dinner-worthy...

Freeze things, they last longer.

Dont think you can freeze eggs though.

Well you're not supposed to, but... The very top back of our fridge basically freezes stuff. One time I cracked an egg open and a massive ice-lump fell out into the frying pan. It was a bit surreal.

Well you're not supposed to, but... The very top back of our fridge basically freezes stuff. One time I cracked an egg open and a massive ice-lump fell out into the frying pan. It was a bit surreal.

Time for a new one i think lol.

im good, woke up, postie had delivered me a box of jelly beans, a cookie monster t-shirt, which i love. parents gave me £100, and was taken to shops and got a further 117quids worth of clothes.

all this can mean only one thing, its my birthday, and in a couple of hours, im out into newcastle (via a mates) to celebrate.

My days been alright so far. Spent this morning finishing up season one of the OC and starting season 2 (28 episodes down, 60-something left to go). Went out and bought De Blob and had a little go. It's alright. Controls aren't that great though from my hands on. I then sat and read the first act of King Lear as I need to read it for Uni. I don't know how many people have read King Lear here but by christ it's bloody long. Took ages to read that first act.

My days been alright so far. Spent this morning finishing up season one of the OC and starting season 2 (28 episodes down, 60-something left to go). Went out and bought De Blob and had a little go. It's alright. Controls aren't that great though from my hands on. I then sat and read the first act of King Lear as I need to read it for Uni. I don't know how many people have read King Lear here but by christ it's bloody long. Took ages to read that first act.

Lear is a great play, enjoy the remainder.

Regarding eggs: Actually, eggs tend to last longer than the sell by date, often more so than meat. The standard test is to put them in water, and the more the wide end sinks, the fresher they are. It's best not to eat eggs that float. The main problem with eating oldish eggs is that the whites tend to go a bit runny, which makes for untidy poached eggs and so on, but when boiled they're easier to shell. Also - you can't freeze uncooked (or indeed unshelled) eggs, as they'll crack, and in the former case could get infected. I can go into the science of all of this if anyone's interested, but basically: eating old eggs is generally okay.

So hopefully you won't end up "damned, like an ill-roasted egg, all on one side."

Not feeling too good today, full of a cold again, yay *cheers half heartedly*

Jay already said my night adventures and I managed to keep my md 20/20 (ha!), it was a nice night considering I couldn't be bothered.

Went shopping with my mate becka, grab three posters so hopefully my room will start looking like an actual room, rather than a sort of hotel room that I'm not allowed to make homely. Also bought tea, cleaned everybody's dishes and decided I'm shouting at one of my flat mates when he comes back, mostly because everybody (there's only four of us) plus their weight and is alittle bit lazy from time to time, but because he's a mummys boy he does nothing, so he can either eat off dirty plates or get cleaning!

Going to stay in tonight unless people decide to come see me! woop.

Jay already said my night adventures and I managed to keep my md 20/20 (ha!), it was a nice night considering I couldn't be bothered.

Went shopping with my mate becka, grab three posters so hopefully my room will start looking like an actual room, rather than a sort of hotel room that I'm not allowed to make homely. Also bought tea, cleaned everybody's dishes and decided I'm shouting at one of my flat mates when he comes back, mostly because everybody (there's only four of us) plus their weight and is alittle bit lazy from time to time, but because he's a mummys boy he does nothing, so he can either eat off dirty plates or get cleaning!

When it came to our halls of residence in my first year, I opted out of the "rounds" of dish washing. There were ten of us and I normally used one plate a meal, where as some enjoyed proper cooking, with 5 pots and pans. Tell them to bollocks. I did the dishes in my room, since the sinks in the kitchen were clogged up by formerly mentioned flatmates pots.

wassat mean? confuzzled.:blank:

Well it's only one person not pulling their weight and kayleigh and chris agree that it's getting abit annoying. Everybody else washes up when it needs doing so it's shared and we take the bins out etc and he just does nothing.

Otherwise it's actual great, everybody does clean up and we share food/plates etc.

md 20/20 is a bottle of alcohol dan, 13% vol, I love the red and orange ones, so thought the green one would be nice, it's abit sickly, but it'll do the job.

Well it's only one person not pulling their weight and kayleigh and chris agree that it's getting abit annoying. Everybody else washes up when it needs doing so it's shared and we take the bins out etc and he just does nothing.

Otherwise it's actual great, everybody does clean up and we share food/plates etc.

md 20/20 is a bottle of alcohol dan, 13% vol, I love the red and orange ones, so thought the green one would be nice, it's abit sickly, but it'll do the job.

ah OK, that makes sense.

Not got plans for tonight yet myself. My hombre Tom is back in town for the weekend so could be hanging out with him, only he hasn't replied to my text yet. Should call, really.