NEurope

Urgh! I was so close to finishing my portfolio yesterday and I just got my last bit of feedback telling me to do a massive rework on Cougars On Tour because my brain hates low end weekly. Done it...all wrong. Even the bit Yvonne told me explicitly to do is wrong.

in short:

polls_EPIC_FAIL_6_2130_209547_answer_9.jpeg

Edited by Dan_Dare
Automerged Doublepost

Ah Dan I know that feeling so well, when you've finally finished something to find its completely wrong.

Todays been alright lesson wise, a guy came in to talk to us (Tom Betts) about gaming and he's done some pretty original stuff, some I really like and some I don't. It was nice for my two tutors to get off their butts and get is somebody revelvant to us.

Talked to a couple of people about the marks from my last animation assignment, two of the guys I know who are stunning at animating and modelling, one got 63% which is 4 marks more than me, its kinda nice in a way to see their marks being low (compared to the people who got 80%+ which isn't technically possible..) because they are amazing and I've got near the same as them.

Hopefully I can get alot of my project finished tonight, got some stuff to add tomorrow and it should all be done for wednesday!

Chillaxing day today. Can't be bothered to do anything to be honest. Except listen to some great music and chill upon here for a few hours.

Just spent three-ish hours catching up on not being on the internet for two days. Done absolutely nothing with myself yet today - about to get dressed, have a smoke, go buy some food and booze then play some sort of gaming device into the wee hours.

Been pretty manpig-flu-ill all week, with some weird fever dreams and general mind-feels-weirdness. Mastered the art of looking busy at work so I don't tend to deal with many customers, got a ridiculous haircut.

10969_225985350554_504140554_4253685_5142031_n.jpg

... And no great rotated-non-ponce-pose pictures to show it in all its glory. I'm drinking port there.

Mate at work dropped 25kg dunbells on his toe. Snapped his big foot-finger in two places. On the internet, nobody can hear the voices. Especially because the backspace button is always so hungry.

1100101? Binareal coo-lever.

Today started out all right, got up at 6:00 got out on time, but i started feeling pains im my side about 9:00 then 2 and a half hrs later i still had it, so i got checked up at my local clinic then was reffered to my hospital, i had a scan and somehow ive fractured my ribs :(

Edited by Epic fail
Automerged Doublepost

Yessss!

Just talked to my teacher and he likes my new idea for my Masterproject! ^______^

Happy happy! :bouncy:

I suddenly feel a bit more motivated again haha. It's gonna be a loooooot of work (two books, a bear, a "feelings" meter, a lifebook, a calendar...) that I probably won't finish completely, but it seems more fun to work on than just one book.

Plus he really liked my linocut so I can use that style. =D

*finally feels like she's going to get somewhere!*

Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :D

Dit is goed nieuws! :heh:

My day so far has been a bit slow. Going to pop to the train station to book a ticket, and then go to de gym.

Got up at 1 today... Wasn't best pleased, also hampered by the fact that Neighbours is off air until 4th Jan. Yet Home and Away remains... Bullshit.

Either way I'm going to have to set off to work early so I can duck in Sainsbury's for some Whiskey for StepDaddy for Christmas. My brother has still failed to hold his end of the promise [Which was pretty much one sided to begin with since we all know it wouldn't work] in buying presents, always saying "I'll do it this week or next weekend as I'm doing community service" etc. As such I sent him a magnificient text last night saying:

"Asswipe... You done any of your so called Christmas shopping you claimed you'd do? Or is that 'next weekend'?"

Strange enough, he never replied... The rude bugger.

Ah Dan I know that feeling so well, when you've finally finished something to find its completely wrong.

Todays been alright lesson wise, a guy came in to talk to us (Tom Betts) about gaming and he's done some pretty original stuff, some I really like and some I don't. It was nice for my two tutors to get off their butts and get is somebody revelvant to us.

Oh my God!

I think that's one of my lecturers.

Fairly tall, thin, quite short hair and glasses?

Really awesomely amazing and funny.

What stuff did he show?

If it is then you were in the presence of a God.

He's even toured with Snow Patrol with a music act he had.

Oh my God!

I think that's one of my lecturers.

Fairly tall, thin, quite short hair and glasses?

Really awesomely amazing and funny.

What stuff did he show?

If it is then you were in the presence of a God.

He's even toured with Snow Patrol with a music act he had.

Yup, hes a tutor at huddersfield and I envy those there, he's awesome, funny too. :(

It makes me realise just how cack my teachers are except Rueben Flemming, he's a god. A 3ds max god! :love:

Tom Betts.

I once thought of him during sex.

But seriously, he is a fucking amazing guy.

He studied Fine Art, got into music, then into programming.

He's got commissions from the BBC, Southbank Centre London, etc.

But you've just had a talk with him, so you probably know this.

Why was he there.

I hope he doesn't leave us!

He was there to just give a lecture about his work and stuff, we have a class called professional context 'sort of a how to get a job class' and they've been idiots for weeks giving us lectures about filming (game design group..) and finally we get a really good lecture on games!

He has done some pretty awesome work, showed us quite alot too. He used to play wow <3

Haha, he's a massive geek. He got a grant from the uni to do a research project into WoW.

Did he say "bish bash bosh" at all? He says it all the time during lectures.

Haha, he's a massive geek. He got a grant from the uni to do a research project into WoW.

Did he say "bish bash bosh" at all? He says it all the time during lectures.

No, but he used 'stuff' alot, which has us all laughing. Espcially the stuff chart!

I want to go to uni in huddersfield, first seeing the work there at the leeds expo and now awesome teachers. :sad:

Oh! Yeah it's good! I'm doing work at the moment for the uni studio that was there. I can't show most of it though. :(

Meh, some of the work was beyond impressive, I suppose thats what happens when the course has been running as long as it has, but I feel so far behind the huddersfield lot. Maybe I should try to do a masters there..

I think they're working on a Masters for Games Design. Feck knows what it would entail or when it would be finalised.

Do you remix it with anything? The teen favourite Cheeky V or somethings?

I was trying a different kind of whiskey last night, commandeered from my step-dad... was fucking awful.

This may be a delayed response, but absolutely no, Cheeky V sounds horrible. I only tend to mix vodka with stuff really, and whisky and coke is an abomination. And yeah, its quality varies greatly - it's a pity Bell's is no good, as it's cheap and everywhere.

Hmm, had a walk to the post office today, and got some chips, so fun times. I'm currently pouring most of my energy into an discussion about Japanese theoretical phonology on the xkcd forums. :heh:

Edited by Supergrunch

Have had an amazing few days, and have ended them with coming back home. Had three brilliantly fun nights out in Sheff, and finally managed to see some people from college I've been dying to see again. Went out on Friday night wrapped up in Christmas lights for some Christmas Extravaganza thing at the Hubs, which was massive amounts of fun. Ended the night with another karaoke session with Lauren and myself absolutely ruining The Kill once again. Then Saturday was spent with some college friends and then Razz and Co, which ended up being terrifying amounts of fun.

Got home today, and have spent most of it glaring at the television obsessively playing Tomb Raider. I love so much.

I am typing this from my 27" i mac....

WOOOHOOHOOOHOO

Woah, that's nice.

Apple products are always very nice when you first get them, let alone a 27" one!

Had one of those days in which everything stacked up against me.

I have been overly anticipating the Dexter finale (yeah I have no life, whatever) so I woke up at a decent time to be able to download it, watch it and then go onto work in a state of shock and ohmygod. When I got back from my shower the download had froze. Chalked it up to a router crash so faffed around with that but no joy. Turns out because we recently got a V+ box we had run out of credit or something so rather then tell us they cut us off TEN FUCKING MINUTES before it was meant to be finished. So I had to go to work without watching it which annoyed me (mostly because I hate not being in control) and had texts off people all day saying variations of "OMG!"

Both lectures were shit. As it turns out Computing is a bollocks course. And the student, while nice enough, never has any motivation and I'm not sure if I should just not bother, or kinda be all peppy like "hey lets try doing more than 5 words over the space of an hour!" Then my evening one was shit but it always is. They did a bit of the lecture then sent them off to do a task for 50 minutes so I said "am I going to be needed...?" hoping to go home and they said they're carrying on afterwards and to go keep myself busy. DO THE LECTURE ALL AT ONCE. Cunts.

So then I eventually get home a few hours later and the download I had done at uni didn't work so take 3. Then Jodie rang near the end and prattled on about her hair or something until eventually she finished the convo (makes a change :p) by announcing she had been stood naked for 10 minutes waiting to go into the shower. She said she can ring me back after and I said "no no, Dexter!"

Then I watched it and my life was complete...because I was scarred for life.

-edit-

Impromptu coffee date arranged with hot colleague who I've not seen in weeks. Score.

Edited by Ashley

Hehe. Somebody gave me a link on FF for a Facebook "Dislike" button. It works wonders, because people want to know how i can "somehow" dislike their Status. Anybody wants the link to this, let us know.