Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I never win the lottery :( I guess I never really play it either, but when I do...I don't win.

It's 2pm, not too bad actually as I thought it later kinda approaching afternoon but I know 9pm's gonna come up and slap me in the face pretty soon, it always does dammit! Unproductive day so far, talking to mum about my silly sister(been some drama lately) and been feeling a bit low for some weird reason, but I'm sure it'll all pick up soon.

ReZ, Jay, we totally need to get drunk sometime. Last year fireworks me and my two mates(after watching said fireworks) bought some wine then went and met their mate at his mate's, and she went to sleep early or something, but we just got drunk on wine and spent the ENTIRE night freestyle rapping in the most atrocious of ways. It was ludicrously hilarious, and absolutely brilliant at the same time. You guys reminded me of it :D

funnily enough, life became much easier for mew when i was living away at uni.

didnt miss my family at all, or my mates for that matter. could count on my hands the number of times i felt down.

Like i said it just really amplifies your emotions, so if your generally a happy kind of guy/gal then you should love the whole university lifestyle :)

Is that an Interrobang?

Nah, a glottal stop, like this:

glottalstop.gif

As in the cockneyish pronunciation of "bottle" where you don't touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue - the ' in "bo'le" - ['bɒʔ(ə)l]. It comes up in various other places in English too, including recieved pronunciation.

Whereas an interrobang is literally an exclamation mark stuck on top of a question mark, like this:

203D.gif

Anyway, for unrelated reasons I'm currently so glad I changed to linguistics - it's been awesome so far. Had some fun supervisions today.

Ive got itunes 8 and vista and nothings messed up as far as i know. Should be ok

For alot of people it's been fine, but I can just imagine me installing it and BOOOM and my mum shouting I told you so from miles away.

These things happen to me way too much for me.

Nah, a glottal stop, like this:

glottalstop.gif

As in the cockneyish pronunciation of "bottle" where you don't touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue - the ' in "bo'le" - ['bɒʔ(ə)l]. It comes up in various other places in English too, including recieved pronunciation.

Whereas an interrobang is literally an exclamation mark stuck on top of a question mark, like this:

203D.gif

Anyway, for unrelated reasons I'm currently so glad I changed to linguistics - it's been awesome so far. Had some fun supervisions today.

Ah, got it. That interrobang looks wrong though, isn't the exclamation mark meant to be..shorter?

booked my tattoo today and paid the deposit :smile:

my appointment's in 3 weeks time!!

i'm gunna go shopping for thick bracelets tomorrow... my company's dress code forbids visible tats and i'm a rolled-up-sleeves kinda girl ^_^

EXCITED! :yay:

...anyone got some tips for me and my nerves...?

booked my tattoo today and paid the deposit :smile:

my appointment's in 3 weeks time!!

i'm gunna go shopping for thick bracelets tomorrow... my company's dress code forbids visible tats and i'm a rolled-up-sleeves kinda girl ^_^

EXCITED! :yay:

...anyone got some tips for me and my nerves...?

Same as getting as piercings really. Take something sugary with you, lucozade has been recommended to me a few times. Try not to drink alcohol the night before, it's not a huge deal but you'll bleed alot more with it.

Other than that I think there's something that can numb it but just like with piercings I just don't think it's worth it.

Other than that I think there's something that can numb it but just like with piercings I just don't think it's worth it.

Are you talking about EMLA cream?

I'd highly recommend it!!

I used it for some of my surface piercings, and it makes your skin completely numb. You can actually pinch it and scratch it and things, and you can't feel it! But it's effects only last for 30 mins or so, which might not be enough time for a tattoo, I dunno how long that would take.

Are you talking about EMLA cream?

I'd highly recommend it!!

I used it for some of my surface piercings, and it makes your skin completely numb. You can actually pinch it and scratch it and things, and you can't feel it! But it's effects only last for 30 mins or so, which might not be enough time for a tattoo, I dunno how long that would take.

There's a few others as well but emla is the main one.

It depends she might be able to get some use out of it as it's only a wrist tattoo. It depends how high her pain tolerance is.

urgh that sounds great... but cant read japanese so i wouldnt know where to buy it!! >_< isit expensive? maybe i could ask a friend to send me some in the post... the guy said it'd only take 30 mins to an hour...

urgh that sounds great... but cant read japanese so i wouldnt know where to buy it!! >_< isit expensive? maybe i could ask a friend to send me some in the post... the guy said it'd only take 30 mins to an hour...

It costs £2.00 here for about 2 applications worth. You also need some bandages though, to put over the top whilst it soaks into your skin. You need to put it on an hour before hand.

If you will get it, the kind you need is 5% EMLA cream :smile: