Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Timesplitters 4 announced!

jammy2211

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it'll have analogue sticks for guns. And as such (in my opinion), it'll suck compared to the Wii version, even if the latter were in 8 bit. ;)

But it'll have Nintendo online. And as such (in my opinion), it'll over 1/2 the life compared to the 360 version, even if the latter still uses perfectly fine analogue sticks, which still take aiming presision to use.

But it'll have Nintendo online. And as such (in my opinion), it'll over 1/2 the life compared to the 360 version, even if the latter still uses perfectly fine analogue sticks, which still take aiming presision to use.

Guess that's where our priorities differ :) I'd rather have Wii's control scheme over Live any time, although that doesn't mean Nintendo shouldn't (at least try to) mimick Microsoft's service.

• 5 months later...
After Haze (YUCK) does anyone really still trust free radical? Haze would've been 2 years out of date 2 years ago.

I was thinking that! But I think that they wouldn't damage their key property in the same way. I hope the Wii version is online and as great as the GCN versions, if so it'll be something very special.

Too right. The embarrassing thing about that game is it still keeps getting picked up by publishers and money keeps getting thrown at the development team. I mean imagine if you came up with an idea, never showed anything off to do with it for years, no screens, no vids, no release date and yet people kept throwing money at you.

It's truly pathetic. 3D Realms are a joke. They even have a very silly forum on their site where deluded fans discuss what the final product will be like - they'll be discussing the issue until it is officially canned, which sadly will only be when gullible publishers finally pull the plug on its funding.

Actually DNF is completely funded by 3DR themselves. They are rich as trolls, or at least they were when they started developing the thing. The current status is that if they don't release the game this year, or at longest, early next year, they'll have to shut the project down.

TS4 is still due for Wii, right?

Actually DNF is completely funded by 3DR themselves. They are rich as trolls, or at least they were when they started developing the thing. The current status is that if they don't release the game this year, or at longest, early next year, they'll have to shut the project down.

TS4 is still due for Wii, right?

Nobody knows.Lets hope...

I really hope that this is good, Haze was mediocre at best tbh. Mind you, this is Free Radical's signature franchise, so perhaps they'll put a lot more effort into it.

And as for Jo-Beth Casey, I say her "old" look is hotter...

...what?

Yes, it's also sad that a magazine can make a two page sprad out of one piece of concept art. It really says nothing at all about the game.

To be fair, the article is called 'Stories Everyone's Talking About', not 'Massive News Never Seen Before'. On the contrary, I don't think many people are talking about Timesplitters 4 seeing as we haven't seen anything yet.

I love the artwork.

oh they cant fuck timesplitters up,its different to haze:) It will be a fantastic game IF its on the wii. Which im most definetly sure it will be.

I hope so on all counts! Does anyone know if the HAZE was developed by the same team that does Time Splitters? Or was it the office tea boy who programmed that one?

as far as i remember free radical had 2 teams while one was working on second sight the other was working on timesplitters 3.

but second sight was still great so i wonder what the hell the problem was.

A lot of hazes complants are things that free radical were never good at though..

I mean graphics? no the graphics in timeplitters wasnt great was it and second sight used the same engine.

haze was a serious game:

they never really tried that before... No second sight wasnt completely serious either.

yet the actual mechanics of the game worked at times.

The game is still supposed to be fun despite this..

bad voice acting and story

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!