Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PC Gaming Discussion

McPhee

• 3 weeks later...

blackmesasource:

The nineteenth of November might not be a date that many people think is significant, but it's of special importance to us. On this day ten years ago, Half-Life was unleashed on the world. In celebration, we've got lots of new media!

2008 has been a very eventful year for us. Making a 12+ hour game is a monumental task, but we're still powering ahead with development and making great progress. Our programmers have been hard at work overhauling and expanding the AI, and lots of our NPCs have been brought to life by our talented voice actors. Levels and chapters continue to be worked on and fine tuned, with large sections strung together and playable. We've also begun tackling the final content of the game, some of the most creative and technically challenging stuff we've had to do yet. And team members across the board continue to push the envelope and redefine what's possible in a Source game.

While known by some hardcore Black Mesa fans, we'd like to officially state that we've upgraded to the Orange Box build of the Source engine.We're also excited to announce that we've dropped Counter-Strike: Source as a requirement for Black Mesa, and from now on, the only thing you'll need to play the mod is a Steam account with any Source engine game installed! Black Mesa is now running completely off of our own content and base Source shared content, and we felt the vastly increased user base more then justified creating all the extra assets needed to make this switch.

c0a0_release12_001.jpg

c0a0_release12_002.jpg

c0a0_release12_003.jpg

c0a0_release12_004.jpg

c0a0_release12_005.jpg

c1a1_release12_001.jpg

c1a1_release12_002.jpg

c1a1_release12_003.jpg

c1a0_release11_006.jpg

c1a0_release11_007.jpg

c1a0_release11_008.jpg

c1a0_release11_009.jpg

c2a5_release12_003.jpg

c2a5_release12_004.jpg

c2a5_release12_005.jpg

c2a5_release12_007.jpg

controller_beauty.jpg

femassassin_beauty.jpg

More can be found on the site.

Guest Stefkov

Not so much game related but has anyone ever ordered from the Valve store?

If you have what's the shipping like, cost and time wise?

Those L4D posters look intense.

Black Mesa Official Main Trailer

We also forgot to include some great Power Up shots by Kim Dahlgren, so be sure and check those out on our media page! This officially concludes our media release, but not future updates! And as stated in the trailer, the days this mod stays in development are truly numbered. Hang tight, because at long last, it is coming.

Not so much game related but has anyone ever ordered from the Valve store?

If you have what's the shipping like, cost and time wise?

Those L4D posters look intense.

Yes but I was in America at the time. Shipping is astronoical to England if i remember. If you get to a certain stage in the order and try and go back they will hold funds from the first order in the bank. Thats what I did anyway, no good having no money for a week on your holiday because valve want to keep it for a while. The box was well packed with goodies, the poster all come in massive tubes so if you dont care about postage at least they will make the journey. EDIT it is $27 so £18

• 1 month later...

I got a new computer, which is awesome.

I now can play a lot of games I never even TRIED to play in the past, such as Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, Team Fortress 2 and Fallout 3.

So i'l start going here, now that I have a decent computer.

Also, speaking of Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead, I ask you to add me at Steam, my name is "Jadosra"

I will... soon

Steam wouldn't take my card or i'd have it already :( I think i'll take the 360 version to town tomorrow and see about trading it in, last i checked it was £25 trade at Gamestation. If that's the case the extra fiver for the PC version is fine by me :)

Fair enough. And I suppose you'll already have gotten most of the achievements for your Live account, best of both worlds :heh:

So, Gears of War 2 is brilliant, and I've only played a few hours of it, and probably only an hour of that in the campaign (Co-op, rather). It's just a really well made game, and I have yet to experience any of these game breaking glitches people have written about. There's a patch coming later this month to fix them though apparantly so with any luck I won't come across any of them.

I'm getting it on PC as soon as i see it sub-£20. Bought the 360 version, love it. Sadly there's far more people i know who have it on PC. I'm always getting invites over Steam :(

It's a shame we can't swap versions (I'd rather have the 360 one). Stupid Steam.

I now have L4D on PC! :D

Also picked up a 3870 in PC World for £40! So far i've not tried any games with it, but my initial opinion is that it's a noisy bastard. Downloading the L4D updates now, then i'll take it for a spin! Got a feeling my CPU will bottleneck it though :( Gonna wait until next month and then upgrade to Phenom II :yay:

I also have Left 4 Dead for PC, but I don't have a PC yet (PC to run current games that is). I'm buying these games because I don't wanna miss out on them and risk not being able to buy them anymore when I do have a capable PC. Anyway, it looks like I'll have plenty money by the end of February to build a more than decent system (with current available components).. And I'm pretty anxious to finally play some fantastic PC games again, so I just might do that.. Unfortunately I'd also like to wait for new motherboards to come out with the lucid hydra chip, but there's no concrete news on when that will happen. I hope we get some news on that soon. Maybe I'll join you guys next month, otherwise I hope to join you some time later this year (hopefully), when I'm running games on a sentient mechanical monster.

I now have L4D on PC! :D

Also picked up a 3870 in PC World for £40! So far i've not tried any games with it, but my initial opinion is that it's a noisy bastard. Downloading the L4D updates now, then i'll take it for a spin! Got a feeling my CPU will bottleneck it though :( Gonna wait until next month and then upgrade to Phenom II :yay:

Ahh, I wish I could get the Phenom II. And if your think the 3870 is noisy, then you haven't heard the 4870, crank that baby upto 100% and and put 4 360s to shame. Although 60% is isn't too bad and works fine to keep cool. Defualt is a low low 20....:shakehead

Guitar Rising

Guitar Rising is a music video game developed by GameTank. It has been delayed due to note recognition problems (interference between notes), and is scheduled now to be released in 2009, as opposed to late 2008, for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. It is similar to Rock Band and the Guitar Hero franchise, only instead of a guitar controller, a real guitar is used (by plugging a guitar-USB adapter or jack plug into a microphone port or directly to the sound card) to play. The on-screen fretboard scrolls from right to left, reading much like a tablature, with the notes lying on the corresponding string showing the number of the fret on which the note is to be played. A similar free release, LittleBigStar, is currently in beta testing.

Did anyone sign up to be a beta tester for Quake Live back in 2007? Its basicly an in-browser version of the multiplayer protion of Quake 3 Arena. I forgot I ever signed up for it but i got an e-mail today telling me i've been accepted into the beta programe.

Its pretty damn awesome too.