NEurope
Gizmo

Link's Crossbow Training

I was really hoping they'd do something with Hogan's Alley or Wild Gunman, even Duck Hunt, but they obviously want it to appeal to as many people as possible so using a more popular franchise like Zelda is a smart move.

Mii panitball online would've been better :P
That is an awesome idea! :bowdown:

Wait crossbows..

Who uses bloody crossbows. Crossbows are for weak little shites.

Bow and arrow beats crossbow without any hands to put down.

Yea crossbows.Weird choice since we've never used a crossbow before.ould have been another Mii Esque game like Wii Sports and Play.If they hyped it up and add deep minigames it would do well.

i want mario paint wii ha

Wait crossbows..

Who uses bloody crossbows. Crossbows are for weak little shites.

Bow and arrow beats crossbow without any hands to put down.

it doesn't make much sense i know but would you prefer machine guns in zelda(i would but most people wouln't):)

America will probably accept this more too...They apparently hate all guns (hmmm). It's a better choice than a shroom-shooter Mario theme anyday :p

I Mii Paintball main game and a few mini games to get use to the zapper with online functions like 2vs2,4vs4 would of sold it for me,and for a lot of other people I would imagine.

Also you could have WiiConnect24 to send scores like accuracy and hits to get ranked or something aswell.So much potential...

It really seems like their isn't enough Mii love. I guess we've all grown to love them? It seems like they need MORE games. If they are in a game they are seemingly as peripheral characters. I want Mii focused games. For instance Mario Party would have been perfect as 'Mii Party' and EA's playground would have been much better with Mii's. I'm hoping Nintendo will really use Mii characters to launch NEW! ideas ala Wii Fit and Music yet keep them in traditional games. As we saw, the Mii idea was initially on the DS so I was expecting heavy usage of the Mii idea from the off for the Wii. They've had plenty of time. (Even with ideas dating back to the 64DD paint/animation tools)

Are Nintendo ignoring Mii characters more than they should be?

Are Nintendo ignoring Mii characters more than they should be?

The only shooting thing they could really do with Mii's is pointball. Which would be better as a £20 game on it's own, with a decent amount of options and multiplayer.

In fact, a range of simple £20 titles from various genres would be perfect for Miis, and should be more common. Mii Paintball, Mii Karts, Mii Fight, Mii Adventure (a point and click game), Mii Stage Debut, etc. Just simple games, with plenty of options, and various multiplayer modes (such as online).

Let's trust Nintendo on this one. It's not that they'll downgrade their beloved franchises to simple shooting affairs and make a totally unproper Mario-themed zapper game, where you sit on Yoshi's back and BLAST those goombas and koopas to smitherines! Shoot the Hammer Bros. between the eyes! Fill Bowser with lead! Say hello to Mario and his little friend!

Oh, wait...

Yoshis_Safari_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpgYoshis_Safari_SNES_ScreenShot2.jpg

ss_ysafari.gifscal_safari2.png

ss_ysafari_wendy.gifss_ysafari_select.gif

:shakehead

Link's Crossbow Training HAS to be better than this full-priced game!

Really? I have always found it too easy and ridiculously short. Even on a second play, it was still very easy.

It was fun in a way, but no way it warranted a full pricetag. It was just so... out of place. :hmm:

I really don't see the problem some people have with this game. It's not like it is meant to be the next full Zelda game and they sell it a full price (which would be milking). It can be a very pleasant game and I think it will not betray the Zelda franchise (just remember all the shooting minigames in OOT and MM).

Furthermore, it can appeal to people who don't know about Zelda, make them love it, broad the audience and make Nintendo put much efforts in the next true Zelda game since it can sell more.

I really don't see the problem some people have with this game. It's not like it is meant to be the next full Zelda game and they sell it a full price (which would be milking). It can be a very pleasant game and I think it will not betray the Zelda franchise (just remember all the shooting minigames in OOT and MM).

Furthermore, it can appeal to people who don't know about Zelda, make them love it, broad the audience and make Nintendo put much efforts in the next true Zelda game since it can sell more.

I'm a little skeptical but the idea of this immediately brought up memories of the target shooting section in OOT in the gurodo desert on the back of epona, and that sort of western themed section in TP. I think it should be good and it will be a good way to get a second zapper for use in two player Ghost Squad and RE:Umbrella Chronicles.

Yoshi's Safari was awesome! Used to play the co-op mode with my parents.

Feel a bit 'meh' about Link's new game, but I suppose having that world in the game, will see huge sale's in Japan and make hardcore gamers think again about purchasing the Zapper.

Of all the franchises they have why Zelda? For Link's bow the Wiimote alone would actually make more sense. Pull the wiimote back and press A to shoot arrow, the further you pull the farther the arrow will go.

If they wanted to use a popular franchise I think Samus Bounty Hunter Training would feel a lot more natural. They could even build a little story around it, following Samus training before the Zero Mission.

But it's a business decision and MP3:C is out before the Zapper so it makes little sense to advertise a bigger franchise when it's uncertain when the next game is coming along. On the other hand they surely are into Zelda Wii developement so business-wise the better decision...

I think that if this was a WiiConnect24 Twilight Princess upgrade nobody would be complaining; it would be essentialy the same freebie on another medium. It could be a nice thing to have, might even implement some things to earn for your Twilight Princess game (probably only rupees and the likes).

I shall reserve judgement for this game till alot more info for it comes out, though i'm not to keen on the sound of it so far but i shall wait and see....

Firstly, at £20 bundled with the Zapper it's not going to be a full game, just a few levels of link shooting at stuff in a shooting gallery kind of way.

Secondly, Mii paintball would've benn better!

Firstly, at £20 bundled with the Zapper it's not going to be a full game

It'll likely be £15.

It's even possible that this is kinda like a Wii Play bundle with more games. Doubt it, but it's not impossible methinks.

I'm with all the people who realise that this is just a bundle in with a relatively cheap peripheral. Nintendo aren't going to make this a full blown game, I think they will leave the proper zapper gaming to third parties (Ghost Squad, Resident Evil UC, Medal of Honour) and merely bundle this in to give a taster of what can be done.

We also know that the true wii version of Zelda is not coming out anytime soon so it is obviously an attempt to keep people tided over....