NEurope
Gizmo

Link's Crossbow Training

http://kotaku.com/gaming/zapper/links-crossbow-training-hands-on-impressions-310919.php

Link's Crossbow Training Hands On Impressions

links_cbt_handson.jpg

Link's Crossbow Training is the best $19.99 you'll ever spend on the Wii. Not only do you get a chintzy plastic shell in which you'll hold your Wii remote and Nunchuk that you can eventually offload on eBay, you'll get the best shooter pack-in since Duck Hunt. Despite the "training" moniker, Link's Crossbow Training isn't going to be confused with Nintendo's series of brain and vision strengthening software titles. It will, however, bring out the high score thirsty fiend in you.

Link's Crossbow Training is broken up into 9 levels, each with three stages. These stages are one of three types: Target Shooting, Defender or Ranger.

Target Shooting levels consists of a series of bull's-eyes that pop up on screen, including proper wooden bull's-eyes on posts or held by Goron, or in the style of skeet shooting, with a series of cow skulls catapulted into the air.

Defender sees an on screen Link in an over-the-shoulder camera style, remaining stationary. Players can pan the camera left or right with the direction of the Wii remote to look around. In one stage, a horde of Stalfos bears down on him, while in another Link floats down a river, facing Tektikes and other water creatures.

Ranger gameplay uses the analog stick to move Link around a level, with the Wii remote again used to look around. In one stage, Link must eliminate 25 Moblins with the crossbow with a strict time limit. Far more awkward than the other two game types and decidedly less enjoyable in its control complexity.

The challenge in Link's Crossbow Training comes from its combo system. Simply put, the more shots you string together, the better your score multiplier. There is some strategy involved here, as you'll want to save targets that net more points for later on in your combo sequence. Add a host of interactive objects in each level—barrels, scarecrows, clay pots, all of which can be shot for more points and a higher multiplier—and you'll be going in for just one more attempt at your high score and a better end of level medal.

Link's Crossbow Training was the biggest surprise for me at Nintendo's recent media event. While I'll regularly scoff at the Wii Zapper and the majority of the software that supports it, I'll gladly play plenty of Link's Crossbow Training. For a budget title, it has made its Zapper peers look like a bunch of amateurs.

Gameplay footage and trailer combined in one video:

I had forgotton the embargo on all the gaes at the NOA conference was lifted today/tonight

I don't get why (in mode 2) looking around is done by moving to the edge of the screen. Why not use the control stick for it?

Game is out in Australlia this year. 13 December to be precise. So hopefully we'll see it this year too.

Game is out in Australlia this year. 13 December to be precise. So hopefully we'll see it this year too.

Hope so! I'm pretty sure we will!

Does Resi come bundled with a Zapper because i don't really wanna buy two and get two Zelda games!

Some thoughts.

1) Your kidding me, I actually don't believe this

2) It's Spong as the source...

3) Since when was it confirmed that we were getting this next month

3) Since when was it confirmed that we were getting this next month

I don't know, but because Ghost Squad and RE:UC are coming next month, this must be out too.

I don't know, but because Ghost Squad and RE:UC are coming next month, this must be out too.

I was thinking that too but it would be nice to have confirmation of a game that were supposed to get in a matter of weeks :heh:

I mean it's weird not to announce a date when it's this close to the month is suppose to be out, we've heard nothing.

I was thinking that too but it would be nice to have confirmation of a game that were supposed to get in a matter of weeks :heh:

I mean it's weird not to announce a date when it's this close to the month is suppose to be out, we've heard nothing.

Zapper+Zelda has to be released 30th November 2007, the same-day as Resident Evil:UC and Ghost Squad is released otherwise it would be pointless...right?

Your right though! Nintendo should announce a date this week for Europe really.

I for one agree with the 18 rating. All the cool kids are going to school with crossbows now, I don't think the young generation needs to be exposed to this type of stuff.

Zapper+Zelda has to be released 30th November 2007, the same-day as Resident Evil:UC and Ghost Squad is released otherwise it would be pointless...right?

Your right though! Nintendo should announce a date this week for Europe really.

Thanks for that. I'm hoping for an updated Q4 list at the start of this week and expecting this to be included in it.

If that's gonna be the date then i'm happy.

Thanks for that. I'm hoping for an updated Q4 list at the start of this week and expecting this to be included in it.

If that's gonna be the date then i'm happy.

NOE are always slow given us a Q4 list! Although i believe only the Zapper hasn't been given a official date, so thats probably why their not rushing it out. All of the BIG first-party winter games have been given dates now, so fingers crossed we'll get Zelda Crossbow training this year! I'm 95% sure we will. : peace:

Australia get it on 13th of December, I reckon we'll get it 30th of November though to coincide with Ghost Squad and Resi. After all, what's the point in having the games when you don't have the Zapper?

It's only PEGI anyway, not the Bastard Buggering Freedom C***s

Yea. They probably can't be bothered looking into every individual countries laws, and give it a rating for each individual country and try to control where the copies are distributed, so they assigned it the highest.

It'll likely be PG (perhaps 12) over here.

I contacted PEGI to find out more about this matter.

Dear Mr. Whincup,

Thank you for your interest in the PEGI system.

To answer your question below I can say that the Wii Zapper has not yet been released and therefore we are not allowed to give you any information regarding an age rating of this product.

As soon as the product has been released you can find it’s rating on our website http://www.pegi.info.

We are sorry that we cannot be of more help.

Kind regards,

Martijn Huigsloot

So Spong appear to be stirring things.

after watching these videos, ive decided that i can easily live without this game, or that crappy shell

Surprised nobody posted this already:

8th December, €30 according to NeoGAF.

Does that mean £20 for Britain or will it be £30? If it's any more than £20 I ain't buying.

Wow £19.99, and SEGA have the cheek to charge us £35.00 for Ghost Squad. Well, I'll probably end up with both, but this is serious value.