Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Halo 3 is awsum

Hero-of-Time

I think we should have an N-Europe Halo night before the Legendary Maps are released. Then everyone will have all the available maps (well, they should).

Also, is there any other way of positioning objects in the Forge mode other than the flying thingie? It just seems really, really awkward to place stuff. Something less analogue would be useful.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm near the end of the campaign I suppose, but the flood levels are usually are just annoying.

The flood are very poor enemies. And the flood levels miss out on the best part of the campaign as you never seem to have any talkative allies (except for the very annoying Cortana): the voice acting of the minor characters. Sargeant Reynolds, Privates Cobb, Wash, Starbuck, Ross and Chieftain Bender FTW!

Cortana's appearances start out cool, but end up have incredibly lame dialogue. To me the problem about flood is that its takes out that "war" or "mission" feeling but also fails at either creating a successful you-against-everyone environment and an escape scenario. At first it's OK, but after a time it just gets boring.

The voice acting was pissing me off at first, everyone talking at the same time making it impossible to understand anyone was annoying, but it was just in the beggning I guess, because the soldiers' comments are awesome. Also, the Arbiter still has the best voice ever :P

EDIT: Just finished the game. I'm impressed, mainly about the feeling the game has. Bungie did a great job on creating a good movie-like experience (the soundtrack plays HUGE part in this) and the characters turned out to be very likeable. This coming from someone who doesn't think Halo is all that people make it out to be and hated Halo 1. Asides from the last Flood levels it was very good, good pacing, very entertaining and fun game. Gravity Hammer <3

The graphics are very very poor asides from the ocasional jaw dropping scenarios. The models are terrible, it seems they heavily rely on bump mapping and the pop ups? Ugh. However, with all that action I never noticed a framedrop, so that makes up for it.

Kudos to Bungie, now I hope I have time to enjoy the multiplayer. Gotta activate my Live Gold.

EDIT: Just finished the game. I'm impressed, mainly about the feeling the game has. Bungie did a great job on creating a good movie-like experience (the soundtrack plays HUGE part in this) and the characters turned out to be very likable.

I must admit, I just absolutely love the soundtrack in this game. The music just made the game for me personally, specially the songs 'Forgotten' and 'Farthest Outpost'.

The graphics are very very poor asides from the ocasional jaw dropping scenarios. The models are terrible, it seems they heavily rely on bump mapping and the pop ups? Ugh. However, with all that action I never noticed a framedrop, so that makes up for it.

At first I thought that too, but after playing it much more on mutiplayer and replaying singleplayer, I just get reminded more and more how impressive this games engine are. Sure, its not going to win any awards for best graphics, but some of the effects are just stunning, probably the most realistic representation of water in game aswell!

Bungie did a great job on creating a good movie-like experience (the soundtrack plays HUGE part in this)

Apart from the "final boss" (a.k.a. the worst boss in a video game...ever).

And I only recall ever hearing two bits of music in the whole of Halo 3...(the main menu music and that really loud duh duh duhhhh....duh duh duhhhh one).

At first I thought that too, but after playing it much more on mutiplayer and replaying singleplayer, I just get reminded more and more how impressive this games engine are. Sure, its not going to win any awards for best graphics, but some of the effects are just stunning, probably the most realistic representation of water in game aswell!

It's possible that it's different on multiplayer yeah, since I just played multiplayer it on an SD TV back home I dont really know. But as far as the water goes, no, just no.

Apart from the "final boss" (a.k.a. the worst boss in a video game...ever).

And I only recall ever hearing two bits of music in the whole of Halo 3...(the main menu music and that really loud duh duh duhhhh....duh duh duhhhh one).

Damn... How the hell can someone play through a game with a fanfuckingtastic soundtrack and not notice it? I actually didn't mind the boss, it wasn't a piece of shit like the Brute in 2, it was fast and easy, it was just for story. It's not the sort of game that needs bosses.

Guest Stefkov

I was just thinking what boss were you talking about. I realised that it was that ball guy. Shows how good a boss he was, I had a sudden thought I'd fought him in the first game and there was a Ridley type boss at the end of this game.

What the hell.

The best section of music is on the final level on the falling platforms. That part does make your hairs stand up.

Got my game today so if anyone want to get some easy wins I'm there for you.

The 360 will be on all day, sometimes on the dashboard, so send a message(to the console, not forum).

What's this "beat you down" thing? It's annoying...