NEurope
Goron_3

I'm not very happy atm...

I feel awful. Really awful.

There are two things bothering me at the moment. I’m gonna mention both and basically, both make me feel like shit. The first is school related, the 2nd is girl related.

Firstly, as I caught chickenpox during my exams so my results are nowhere near as good as they should’ve been. Unfortunately, I’m one of those idiots that have a passion for wanting to do medicine which happens to be really hard to get into. Now, even though I’m predicted all A’s for this year, I’d have to sit 7 exams in January to actually get A’s and in the words of my chemistry teacher, ‘that’s suicide’. Because of this, I have to retake year 12 in both English AND Biology (not chem, I should get an A in that). This isn’t bad because, as my teachers have told me, I’m an A student (I got A’s in all my mocks) so I should be able to get A’s retaking year 12 no problem. The thing is, I feel awful. I get the feeling that all my friends are going to be laughing behind my back. I mean, they already laughed when I didn’t get A’s because of how ill I was (which was VERY ill), but people just see the results and not the situation. Then there’s how embarrassed I’m going to be going back to those lessons and basically knowing no-one. I’m going to be all alone and I’m scared that my friends are going to just take the piss outta me.

And then my next problem is a girl problem. I realised last night that I’ve been in love with one my best friends for a LONG time. I was feeling really shit about the above issue and I spent lunch with her and she cheered me up like she always manages to do. She’s honestly the most perfect girl I could ever imagine, and we’ve been great friends for a long time (she’s probs my closest girl friend tbh). Thing is, I’m crazy about her. Even when I was with my 2 previous girlfriends, I thought about her a lot, and it only occurred to me last night how in love with her I am, and now I’m completely unsure of what I do. I’m aware she only see’s me as a friend but it’s really tearing me up inside. I really want to tell her because I just know it’s gonna hurt me in the long run so much. I mean, there are times when she’ll just run up to me and give me these massive hugs, and there’s always going to be a part of me that is just wanting more.

Thing is, the last thing I want is to tell her and make it awkward between us. My friend Tim told her that he felt the same way I do about her a few months ago and they have barely talked since, and I would hate for the same thing to happen between us, especially as I’m going to need someone there to cheer me up if attending year 12 lessons gets me down again. I honestly couldn’t live without this girl; she means so much to me it’s ridiculous…but then again, she just see’s me as a friend and I know when she says ‘I love you’ it’s in a friend-to-friend way, not the way I feel.

So what do I? I’m so confused…Do I tell her and hope she reacts in a good way and we’re still friends, or shouldn’t I in case it might go baaad?

I'm in quite a simmilar situation to yourself. However I don't really talk to the girl that much so you are slightly better/worse off from my perspective.

Just wondering to you ever get nervous about it? So much to the extent it stops you from eating? (Not starve just can't eat that much)

Because thats what I get, I doubt it is hardly healthy.

So sorry man.

tbh, I'd keep her as a close friend through your exams, as you said she's so supportive, and then after that, tell her the truth. Or you can keep it plutonic and not tell her. It's tricky.

These situations are always confusing, mainly because they're so unpredictable. Only you can decide whether it is worth taking the risk of asking her out and risk losing her as a best friend. Sorry I can't help that much.

Good luck with your retakes, it sounds like your friends have been total idiots about it.

*e-hugs to goron*

Indeed, this one girl isn't the be all and end all. Plus theres a fair chance you don't love her, its probably just infactuation at something you can't have.

Someone in my Chemistry classes during A level was redoing the year to get into Medicine. It's not so bad, if your school is half decent then most people won't tease you or anything. After you finish your A levels (if that's what you're doing) you won't see any of your friends (at least not where you're studying) anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much.

As for the girl, just ask her what she likes about you. If she is confused by the question then that's not so good, if she says what she really likes about you then you might have a chance.

Indeed, this one girl isn't the be all and end all. Plus theres a fair chance you don't love her, its probably just infactuation at something you can't have.

God i wish it was that. Really I do. Infact, that would make it so much easier as I could start focusing on her faults or something and it'd go away. Thing is, i've been close friends with her over this last year and now I guess somewhere along the lines i've just completely fallen in love with her. When i'm with her everthing is just so perfect..i mean, i would so much just to kiss her, just once. It's really annoying.

God i can't believe what a bad friend I am. What a shit week it's been.

Just to clarify are these exams ASs or what?

ASs mate.

ASs mate.

Well it not all bad then.

I royally fucked up my ASs, they were a bunch of monkey turd and I wanted to curl up into a ball and die. So I re-sat most my exams in January. I was told that January is the best time to sit exams, by the most awesome teacher in the world, due to the fact that for some strange reason they are more generous in their marking. To cut a boring story short I went from the crappest marks in the world to an A in both English and History. Like you said you are a grade A student and you had a genuine reason for mucking up the first time, as opposed to being a grade A moron like me, I'm sure you will do great.

At the moment you are probably just a bit overwhelmed with what you are going to have to do this year, I know I was.

Also what your friends say ultimately doesn't matter. I know it will suck but you're aim is to set yourself up well with good exam results. You are just going to have to focus on that target. I presume this is your last year in school so basically focus now and then when you get to Uni...well thats another story.

I suppose basically what I'm saying is worry about what you have to do and not about what your friends think.

I hope that ramble helped...probably not though...:heh:

Don't worry man, you'll get over it eventually.

I think everybody goes through these stages, I know I did. In a few years time you'll look back and laugh.

And about your friends laughing at you for not getting A's, what kind of friends do you have man? Either you're exaggerating or they are just suck ass friends in which case don't let it bother you, just try your best without trying to appease people you'll likely lose touch with once you go to study medicine.

Why does telling her how you feel mean you can't still be good mates after if she doesn't want to be your girl? Is your pride going to keep you two from talking after? Or is it that you think she'll suddenly go off you because you like her? Seriously man, if she is that great then she won't let the fact that you have feelings for her get in the way of your friendship, and will be considerate about saying she isn't interested. Or she could dig the fact you like her and admit her feelings for you.

I feel awful. Really awful.

There are two things bothering me at the moment. I’m gonna mention both and basically, both make me feel like shit. The first is school related, the 2nd is girl related.

Firstly, as I caught chickenpox during my exams so my results are nowhere near as good as they should’ve been. Unfortunately, I’m one of those idiots that have a passion for wanting to do medicine which happens to be really hard to get into. Now, even though I’m predicted all A’s for this year, I’d have to sit 7 exams in January to actually get A’s and in the words of my chemistry teacher, ‘that’s suicide’. Because of this, I have to retake year 12 in both English AND Biology (not chem, I should get an A in that). This isn’t bad because, as my teachers have told me, I’m an A student (I got A’s in all my mocks) so I should be able to get A’s retaking year 12 no problem. The thing is, I feel awful. I get the feeling that all my friends are going to be laughing behind my back. I mean, they already laughed when I didn’t get A’s because of how ill I was (which was VERY ill), but people just see the results and not the situation. Then there’s how embarrassed I’m going to be going back to those lessons and basically knowing no-one. I’m going to be all alone and I’m scared that my friends are going to just take the piss outta me.

And then my next problem is a girl problem. I realised last night that I’ve been in love with one my best friends for a LONG time. I was feeling really shit about the above issue and I spent lunch with her and she cheered me up like she always manages to do. She’s honestly the most perfect girl I could ever imagine, and we’ve been great friends for a long time (she’s probs my closest girl friend tbh). Thing is, I’m crazy about her. Even when I was with my 2 previous girlfriends, I thought about her a lot, and it only occurred to me last night how in love with her I am, and now I’m completely unsure of what I do. I’m aware she only see’s me as a friend but it’s really tearing me up inside. I really want to tell her because I just know it’s gonna hurt me in the long run so much. I mean, there are times when she’ll just run up to me and give me these massive hugs, and there’s always going to be a part of me that is just wanting more.

Thing is, the last thing I want is to tell her and make it awkward between us. My friend Tim told her that he felt the same way I do about her a few months ago and they have barely talked since, and I would hate for the same thing to happen between us, especially as I’m going to need someone there to cheer me up if attending year 12 lessons gets me down again. I honestly couldn’t live without this girl; she means so much to me it’s ridiculous…but then again, she just see’s me as a friend and I know when she says ‘I love you’ it’s in a friend-to-friend way, not the way I feel.

So what do I? I’m so confused…Do I tell her and hope she reacts in a good way and we’re still friends, or shouldn’t I in case it might go baaad?

Mate I know what you mean. But its not the end of the world, I messed up my As's too and of course you know I want to get into Medicine. Dunno about the girl trouble though I'm the wrong person to ask:heh:

Talk to you more about the As's on MSN

Well it not all bad then.

I royally fucked up my ASs, they were a bunch of monkey turd and I wanted to curl up into a ball and die. So I re-sat most my exams in January. I was told that January is the best time to sit exams, by the most awesome teacher in the world, due to the fact that for some strange reason they are more generous in their marking. To cut a boring story short I went from the crappest marks in the world to an A in both English and History. Like you said you are a grade A student and you had a genuine reason for mucking up the first time, as opposed to being a grade A moron like me, I'm sure you will do great.

At the moment you are probably just a bit overwhelmed with what you are going to have to do this year, I know I was.

Also what your friends say ultimately doesn't matter. I know it will suck but you're aim is to set yourself up well with good exam results. You are just going to have to focus on that target. I presume this is your last year in school so basically focus now and then when you get to Uni...well thats another story.

I suppose basically what I'm saying is worry about what you have to do and not about what your friends think.

I hope that ramble helped...probably not though...:heh:

Thanks for that. It would just be a pain to know that the guys who I hang out with laugh at me behind my back you know? but yeah, aslong as i work hard i can shut em up.

G Shouldnt you be able to get extenuating circumstances?

You'd think that wouldn't you. Apparantly though, they only bump up your marks a lot if you actually fail your exams. i did well enough for them to not to consider it. It's really stupid imo.

Why does telling her how you feel mean you can't still be good mates after if she doesn't want to be your girl? Is your pride going to keep you two from talking after? Or is it that you think she'll suddenly go off you because you like her? Seriously man, if she is that great then she won't let the fact that you have feelings for her get in the way of your friendship, and will be considerate about saying she isn't interested. Or she could dig the fact you like her and admit her feelings for you.

Maybe it is my pride talking. If anything i'm just scared telling her how i feel because I'm not sure how'd she'd react at all, mainly because my mate felt the same way about her before and they don't talk anymore.

I mean, surely if I stay away from her for a bit these feelings might go? Because staying really close with her is just gonna hurt in the long run, especially if she like gets with people at parties or starts going out with someone or something...

Keep it to yourself unless you have a feeling she might feel the same way. I did the opposite thing last year and ended up regretting it unfortunately..We didn't speak for a year.

We're great friends again now but the period without her as my best friend was too weird.

I was scared of asking my friend out - I did it, it failed, but we are still good mates.

It kills me, but its better knowing, and still being mates.

I was scared of asking my friend out - I did it, it failed, but we are still good mates.

It kills me, but its better knowing, and still being mates.

Nice to hear :) I'm just so scared that if I tell her it might create a rift or some awkwardness.

My friend was in the same situation actually a month ago with someone else. He wrote her a poem and within it he said how in love with her he was and they're best friends now. Think I might have to try the same thing.

Demuwan had an interesting theory on what to do in my situation...really hope he posts it here lol.

Get her drunk, then, pounce.

Or, if you like her that much dont go all out and be like wtfbbqomg i love you, just test the water flirt a little and see what happens if shes creeped out run!

Your situation doesn't look too bad from here. You seem really anxious, and the body just pumps out hormones under stress. It's your teen angst kicking in :heh:, I'd say just wait it out and keep a clear head. Approach this girl as a friend and try not to come of as being too needy, which shouldn't be too hard for you, cause you're a pretty awesome guy ;).

As for your AS results, they were really pretty good so far as I remember, it's actually pretty miraculous that you went to sit your exam at all, because the exam boards have a policy: if you for some legit reason are unable to sit the exam or couldn't perform to your full potential, then you are awarded your predicted grades for all subjects... I don't know the specifics though, I suppose you'd have to ask a teacher or something...

Lastly, never ask personal advice on a forum :heh:. Seriously though, most people will end up responding with a joke, or worse. Such is my personal experience.

it's very normal for me to be feeling down... I have horrible modd swings that i can't help at all.

Nice to hear :) I'm just so scared that if I tell her it might create a rift or some awkwardness.

My friend was in the same situation actually a month ago with someone else. He wrote her a poem and within it he said how in love with her he was and they're best friends now. Think I might have to try the same thing.

Demuwan had an interesting theory on what to do in my situation...really hope he posts it here lol.

Don't worry mate I'll post it now.

I suggest that you show this girl how much of a catch you are. Confidence is the key, here. By becoming more friendly and flirtatious with other girls it may open up her eyes to you and cause her to see you in a different light. (Plus there are plenty more fish in the sea mate, if she can't see your a great catch thats her problem). Also it will allow other girls ( go for her friends ) close to her to talk of what a sweet a nice guy you are, this is the response that you want, beacause if they start talking about you in a positive light it may strike a chord with her.

Also some kind of physical change is always a good way for her to see you in a new light ( a new haircut, new style of clothes etc) This will help her to see you less like a confident and more of someone she would like to be with.

Try to distance your self a bit also, because it is only when you don't have something anymore that you truly appreciate its importance in your life. The she'll start to realise just how much you mean about her.

Try to go out on dates one on one and not with friends. Ask her to see a film with you and be more confident and try to crack a few jokes. Humour is always a good way to open up a converation and just try to be a generally fun person to be around.

Overall, NEVER act desperate for her. Act confident but not cocky, try to look more physically attractive. (If you've got a good bod *that sounds really gay doesn't it :heh: * try and go swimming with her.

Personally I've never had problems with girls :heh: but I know from mates that it can be really frustrating

Keep me posted on how its going mate : peace: