NEurope
Zelda_Rulez

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Played this at the Nintendo World Store (which is some kind of heaven by the way). It is incredible!!

Played this at the Nintendo World Store (which is some kind of heaven by the way). It is incredible!!

We know dazz, .............we know

I'd completely forget about this game and didn't know much to begin with but I saw it in a shop the other day and decided to treat myself to it yesterday.

Played it a bit last night and today and I must say I'm totally loving it so far.

Gorgeous graphics and stunning music combine to help gloss over some of the more obvious flaws in the title.

I'm playing on the harder difficulty and have started with Momohine. Given the somewhat short play through times I've read of, it starting to dawn on me that I'm going to be nowhere close to those as I've a good few hours on the clock and am only on Chapter 3.

Bosses seem to be providing high spikes in the difficulty where the regular grunts don't - although sometimes even the normal enemies take away all my energy in a matter of seconds.

I'd completely forget about this game and didn't know much to begin with but I saw it in a shop the other day and decided to treat myself to it yesterday.

Played it a bit last night and today and I must say I'm totally loving it so far.

Gorgeous graphics and stunning music combine to help gloss over some of the more obvious flaws in the title.

I'm playing on the harder difficulty and have started with Momohine. Given the somewhat short play through times I've read of, it starting to dawn on me that I'm going to be nowhere close to those as I've a good few hours on the clock and am only on Chapter 3.

Bosses seem to be providing high spikes in the difficulty where the regular grunts don't - although sometimes even the normal enemies take away all my energy in a matter of seconds.

I clocked 12 hours with Kisuke alone. I didn't know people ware claiming it as short.

I clocked 12 hours with Kisuke alone. I didn't know people ware claiming it as short.

I swear I've read claims of 6 to 8 hours when I was doing a bit of research before handing over the green stuff.

And whilst 6 to 8 may be the standard length for games these days, I would still consider it to be on the short side - especially for a single player game.

That said, some games do benefit from it and I'd prefer them to end before I got fed up of them.

Got this for xmas. Only played the first level, but absolutely love it! Anyone on the fence, GET IT!!!!

Anyone on the fence, GET IT!!!!

It's been on my shopping list for a while as RSG are the only developers/publishers that I find worth following on the Wii now.

TBH, I was hoping for a price cut because I have read about it being pretty short, and I'm a cheap bastard :p, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen soon so I may just have to grab it, especially with the stock situation and the fact that it won't appear at retail. £25 notes ain't exactly expensive anyway.

It's been on my shopping list for a while as RSG are the only developers/publishers that I find worth following on the Wii now.

TBH, I was hoping for a price cut because I have read about it being pretty short, and I'm a cheap bastard :p, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen soon so I may just have to grab it, especially with the stock situation and the fact that it won't appear at retail. £25 notes ain't exactly expensive anyway.

For a game like this, art= greatness.

People who complain about how short it is should stop bitching!!!! It's games like these that need full on support by gamers of the Wii :D

For a game like this, art= greatness.

People who complain about how short it is should stop bitching!!!! It's games like these that need full on support by gamers of the Wii :D

Whilst I agree with that to a degree, I have also been really underwhelmed by a fair few 'critically acclaimed' and some of the 'more arty experience' Wii games over the last year or so it has made me a lot more cautious when buying games than I had been in the past.

Yup, they brought us the god-like game which is Little King's Story:grin:

Yup, they brought us the god-like game which is Little King's Story:grin:

And No More Heroes too!

So I'm flying through now.

I'm on Act 6 and have forged all the swords bar 2 so far - they are both Long Swords but I've come to the conclusion are pretty rubbish for the most part so I'm in no hurry to get them.

Finally managed to do one of them challenges. It said I should be level 15 but I think I'm early 50s and even then I struggled. I do insist on trying not to use healing items though so it isn't helping my cause. Though I'd how they expect you to do the 100 monks one at level 9 is beyond me - I still haven't done that one. At least on the 100 Monks one, you are likely to level up and recover all your health at some point during the fight.

Join the 2D-revolution!

Wow, I haven't seen anyone so motivated for change since, well, this man:

Lenin.gif

This is an awesome game. Was going to get it on release actually since it ws a game i've wanted for some time but had to wait till Christmas. I love it, I really do. I've only enjoyed it so far and I love the art, atmosphere and combat in it. I can see me clocking a lot of hours into this.

As said, anyone on the fence, get yourself a copy. NOW!!!

This is an awesome game. Was going to get it on release actually since it ws a game i've wanted for some time but had to wait till Christmas. I love it, I really do. I've only enjoyed it so far and I love the art, atmosphere and combat in it. I can see me clocking a lot of hours into this.

As said, anyone on the fence, get yourself a copy. NOW!!!

It has been staring at me ever since I got it for christmas......

It's that damn thing called time, and the lack of it.....:(

A bit of a bump :p

I noticed that shopto were doing this for £16 so figured that I owed it to myself to finally pick it up.

Got delivered earlier today and I've only played the opening Act and midway through the second, but this thing is shaping up to be a very enjoyable experience. I'd seen the videos etc but even so I was still taken aback by how good it looks, simply put, just beautiful.

The combat is also very smooth although I can see it has the potential to get a little repetitive. I'm hoping that the whole forging/collecting blades (however useless some may be) will add some depth. At the very least, the completionist in me will probably make me acquire as many as I can.

The first Wii game I have bought since last June, so it's great to be able to give the console some love again, especially with Fragile Dreams due next week and hopefully Rune Factory Frontier next month, then NMH2. Or in other words, thank fuck for Rising Star Games.

Got this too few days ago, finally ordered it online with my christmas money :D. Didn't pay 16 Pounds for it though haha.

Good thing I finished Shattered memories (and Mass Effect by the way), so I can immediately start playing this. Gave it a quick run that night after I got it, I already was convinced it was beautiful, and certainly don't have to tell you guys again, but I watched in amazement anyway. I just love 2D animation and oldskool sprites (gotta get Megaman 10 too :D). What I didn't know was that the music is quite epic in its own right. Got right in the mood to watch Mononoke hime or something :D.

Action is fast and furious, that'll take getting accustomed to, I died the very first fight I got into :D. Even the simple enemies cut you up really fast if you let 'm.

I take it from the posts above, some people find this game short? I went as far as chapter 3 or something, and that took me a few hours, and I was rushing. And that map looked really big. This game'll last me a while when I start properly tonight, if I take my time grinding and searching every corner collecting spirits and souls. And hurrah for the original voice acting!

And Fragile coming shortly? I love my Wii (imagine me saying that the same way Cheryl does in Silent hill, I can't imagine another way after playing that :D).

Well, I received this game as a Christmas/Birthday gift from the girlfriend. I am ashamed of myself for not buying it a lot sooner. This is one incredible game.

Its beautiful to look at, excellent to play and I'm loving the quirkyness of it, as well as the story. Seriously, it must be pretty cheap these days. Anyone who hasn't got it and wants to get in on some 2D love should pick this up.

Played any more, FLiNk?

I've had Muramasa sitting on my shelf for over a year now, I jest ye not. There's always something else to play in the meantime so I'm still trying to get round to it. I don't fancy just opening it for a five minute whirl, I wanna give it some proper play time.

I've not had time to play anything this week, due to it being my first full week back at work. I've played a bit of the Conduit here and there, some time on Cursed Mountain before bed, but haven't had time to play more of this.

It definitely is worth your time, though. And mine. I've loved what I've played so far.

Also, when I dropped Ine off to London, I had some time to kill before I had to get my coach back. I went to GAME at Oxford Circus and was talking to a guy there about the Wii. A big fan. He was trying to sell me Sin and Punishment 2 and I was pushing Muramasa onto him.

Also, my housemate came into my room to watch me play last week. She stayed for about 2 mins, and ultimately decided that "she liked games with a story." Pfft. This has one. It just doesn't ram it down your throat. :heh:

I played some of this with my Girlfriend a few months back, we took the nobl trail of Mohomime (or something resembling a girl's name)

Awesome Japanese folklore; need to get back to it one of these days after I've finished Epic Mickey.

I've played this for a bit more tonight. Reeeeally enjoying it. I've been forging swords and am up to something like 22, which is decent so far. Some of the ones I've got are brilliant, quite strong. :D

Has to be one of my favourite Wii games so far.