NEurope
Dilli Gee

I'm furious at Nintendo AS A PUBLISHER...

Why the Hell is it failing to excite me as a gamer?

Sure, casual games are fun and sell really well, but Nintendo has a loyalty to its core gaming audience, and it's failing to deliver. Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 aren't enough in my books. I want more original titles Goddamn it!

Microsoft Game Studios is releasing a new big-name exclusive each month (Bioshock and Blue Dragon last month, Halo 3 this month, PGR4 next month, Mass Effect in November, Lost Odyssey in December).

Only 2 of these titles are sequels, the rest are original games.

I'm afraid it's true, Nintendo are losing their video game making edge... to Microsoft! :wtf:

I believe the word you are looking for is "New IP", not "Original".

Galaxy is by for the most original game you've mentioned, and MP3 is still pretty darn original (As Metroid Prime games haven't been copied yet).

what are you talking about? we will soon be stretching on balance boards. do you think these wonderfull ideas grow on trees?

...Then get an Xbox?

Don't waste your energy being "furious" and don't waste even more energy by making such a topic in such a place.

To be fair, I felt the same a few weeks ago...But after Liepzig, I'm now very much anticipating many Wii titles. Why did you only name two Wii games? If those were the only games being released this season then I might of understood your plight but its not so, so its fair to say you're exaggerating. If those two games don't do it for you then by all means 'move on', but seriously what were you expecting when you bought the Wii? Gran Turismo 5? :/

Microsoft have the dosh to create an "all-star cast" to create a game like Blue Dragon, you'd expect this game to be near flawless but it just doesn't feel special at all - proof that you can't through money at everything and expect it to be great. Nothing that I'm really looking forward to on the box other than PS3 ports and Moto GP 2007 online.

Knowing whats coming on Wii in these months to come has me grinning with glee.

you get good trade in prices on Wii's and wii games. Just buy a 360. paper mario is out soon a 2d/3d game is pritty original. Theres loads of games out over the next 6 months. Of course there sequels nintyend is al about a few key franchises and creating sequels to them

what are you talking about? we will soon be stretching on balance boards. do you think these wonderfull ideas grow on trees?

He was saying he doesn't want games like Wii Fit, he just wants more games which set Nintendo apart in the good old days and I gotta say I agree with him.

If Super Mario Galaxy doesn't strike you as something fresh and wonderful then YOU HAVE NO SOUL.

And please, Bioshock is an awesome GOTY contender but it doesn't do anything System Shock and Deus Ex haven't already done, and Blue Dragon is your typical bland JRPG. The entire industry is standing on the shoulders of the giants that precede it, this has never changed, and never will, Nintendo just get away with it better than most.

I am like the only one who remembers the 360's first year, it was pathetic.

By the Wii's one year anniversary we'll have Galaxy and Prime, and by the time its been out as long as the 360 we'll have Smash Bros (I shouldn't have to name more but I wil), No More Heroes, Battalion Wars, Umbrella Chronicles, Jack & Wiki and NiGTS.

So please just be a little patient

How so? I mean, about year ago, people were hyping Table Tennis as a AAA title. Table Tennis, for god's sake! :indeed:

Damn...

Not only does the 90's generation seem to suffer from 5-second attention spans, the long-term memory seems to deteriorate rapidly as well!

Blue Dragon sucked apparently, Bioshock isn't an exclusive, Lost Odyssey looks like a FF-ripoff, and Bioware haven't done anything decent since the Baldur's Gates (which are more Black Isle than Bioware, iirc). So am I tempted to buy a 360? Hell no. Am I disappointed with and furious at Nintendo? Hell no.

Where you do have a point though, is that there need be more mainstream titles on the Wii. A process which is slowly taking off (Guitar Hero Thwii, PES Wii, Top Spin Wii, ...).

Yup! GRAW, Oblivion both awful games.

We've not really had much from the Wii yet, just wait, waaait...

Woopedi doo.. two games.... What If I didn't care for generic FPSs, Oblivion or PGR? What I did play? Indeed, nothing.

Woopedi doo.. two games.... What If I didn't care for generic FPSs, Oblivion or PGR? What I did play? Indeed, nothing.

Or what if you had a half-decent PC?

Or what if you had a half-decent PC?

With PC, I played mostly strategy games. Y'know, real strategy games, like Rome: Total War, Hearts of Iron 2, Europa Universalis III, etc. Games for real men . :)

It all takes off in September, I mean I'm looking at 3 games a month from then on in.

September - Super Paper Mario, MySims, Heroes of Mana.

October - Metroid Prime 3, Phantom Hourglass, FIFA 08

November - Super Mario Galaxy, Dragon Blade, RE:UC, Rayman Raving Rabids 2, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.

December - Zack and Wiki.

I mean, they've still not fully annouced the line up of games and we could see plenty more added to that, but my God I've got alot of gaming to do. Yeah, it's been weak so far but from September onwards it's an onslaught (And don't think it slows down after Christmas, far from it!).

What if I don't care for platformers, FPA's and 2D fighters? The Wii has nothing for me!!!!111

Seriously.

What if I don't care for platformers, FPA's and 2D fighters? The Wii has nothing for me!!!!111

Seriously.

zelda?......

Oh they were good games, very good games, they were just better when I played them on the PC. I mean if you're going to count them we can count Zelda and RE4 as well, in which case the Wii already has two AAA games.

But it doesn't, they were GC games, great GC games but GC games nonetheless. Just like GRAW and Oblivion weren't 360 games. The first game really worth buying a 360 for (imo opinion ofcourse but i'm sure some will agree) was Dead Rising, which wasn't even really AAA. The first AAA was Gears of War, and that came a year in, about the same time Metroid is coming out in the Wiis lifetime.

Why the Hell is it failing to excite me as a gamer?
Because you have too high standards.
Sure, casual games are fun and sell really well, but Nintendo has a loyalty to its core gaming audience, and it's failing to deliver. Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 aren't enough in my books. I want more original titles Goddamn it!
Get new books. Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 are both contesters for 'Best Game Ever', and we're also still getting Super Paper Mario and Batallion Wars 2 and Brawl really soon thereafter.
Microsoft Game Studios is releasing a new big-name exclusive each month (Bioshock and Blue Dragon last month, Halo 3 this month, PGR4 next month, Mass Effect in November, Lost Odyssey in December).

Only 2 of these titles are sequels, the rest are original games.

Yeah, it's great to have a 360, isn't it? And it's had a price drop too.

I'm afraid it's true, Nintendo are losing their video game making edge... to Microsoft! :wtf:
I thought we were talking publishing? A lot of those games are third parties, which are fantastic games nonetheless, but don't make Microsoft a better game developer... Point is, just because Microsoft is so fantastic doesn't make Nintendo bad. Go buy a 360, please, and don't attack Nintendo for not being so fantastic as Microsoft.

I'm furious ta Nintendo too. Sooo mad, they only consistently produce the best software on any console. They only have the best games franchises going and keep reinventing them in new exciting ways.

Yeah, lets just have a generic racing sim instead... oooh then I'd love you Nintendo.

I thought we were talking publishing? A lot of those games are third parties, which are fantastic games nonetheless, but don't make Microsoft a better game developer... Point is, just because Microsoft is so fantastic doesn't make Nintendo bad. Go buy a 360, please, and don't attack Nintendo for not being so fantastic as Microsoft.

No, they're all first and second party titles. And I have both a Wii and a 360. The former hasn't been touched for weeks on end.

There are tonnes of third party games on 360, I was on about exclusive titles.