NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

Finally some progress!

Killed the boss that is made up of rubbish. Was quite a tough fight in some ways but easy in others just had to get into the rythm and make sure he didn't get fed. I tried the mountian boss but that was really hard I got lost in the caves lol will have to go back to that.

The two new bosses which I take it are the last two before the final one are both marvellous. This game is pretty much my fave Wii game and maybe one of my faves of all time. The level of detail and sophistication art and music wise of this game is unbelivable compared to most games out there.

It is so much more interesting than a Modern Warfare or a Fifa and I love games like that.

King Long Sauvage is actually REALLY easy if you approach it the right way...

- There's a sign outside the cave entrance that tell you which ways to go.

- Take as few men as possible, my advice... 4 of the Best Miners, 2 Lumberjacks, 2 of the Best Builders, 1 Chef... That's it!

- Make use of the cubby holes up the mountain to hide in

Piece of cake!

Edited by Retro_Link

I still need to get back to this for one last slog to end. Can go up on the Flying Machine at any time now, but I want to be satisfied I've done everything else I want to do.

I kind of lost motivation again a few months back after my Wii kept telling the disc to fuck off after about 30-60 minutes of play time. That problem's probably not been resolved...

King Long Sauvage is actually REALLY easy if you approach it the right way...

- There's a sign outside the cave entrance that tell you which ways to go.

- Take as few men as possible, my advice... 4 of the Best Miners, 2 Lumberjacks, 2 of the Best Builders, 1 Chef... That's it!

- Make use of the cubby holes up the mountain to hide in

Piece of cake!

Hmm interesting I took 30 men up there last time and it ended badly lol.

What is everyones fave boss then?

Mine has to be

Simply Sublime

Hmm good choices.

What language is spoken in the game btw? Is it just gibberish or is it a actual foriegn language.

Also Retro Link your choice of best music makes me wonder is there a OST for this game? Just googled it seems you can DL some songs from the site.

Edited by Haden

Need to get back into this game - only just scratched the surface of it. Think I've beaten the first king but can't remember where I was up to :-/

Hmm good choices.

What language is spoken in the game btw? Is it just gibberish or is it a actual foriegn language.

Also Retro Link your choice of best music makes me wonder is there a OST for this game?

I'm not sure about the language, there's certainly a lot of 'gibberish' in their, but I think there might be some a bit of French as well?!

I've had a look for an OST myself, but don't think there is one. There are 5 songs on the official website, but they're not really any of my favs, if I remember.

I'd love the soundtrack!

I'm not sure about the language, there's certainly a lot of 'gibberish' in their, but I think there might be some a bit of French as well?!

I've had a look for an OST myself, but don't think there is one. There are 5 songs on the official website, but they're not really any of my favs, if I remember.

I'd love the soundtrack!

I seemed to think there was some French in there. I always think of the bosses as French or Japenese for some reason. They are always something not like a alien, I think they are French maybe because they are so philosphical lol.

King Shishkebaboo (as much as I want to forget him, lol) was definately French... 'The Glutton of Versailles'... and spoke some French in his intro.

But yeah I definately think I hear some French thrown into a few of the conversations now and again, and from the soldiers etc... but whether it actually is or not, I'm not sure.

I've got nearly every piece o' music from the game in mp3 form.

If you want some, you know where to find me:)

LOL!

When I spotted this thread was back in action I remembered that I should start into LKS sometime (soonish?)... then I came in here and... :laughing:

When I saw this today in HMV I suddenly remembered how much everyone goes on about it (at N-Europe anyway :P) So I thought I might as well get it and see what it's like! I'm gonna' have bit of a play later on so I'll be back to say if it does or doesn't live up to the hype!

Stick with it my friend, it's such a different game and fuses all sorts of funny elements into one game.

Classical music.

Nietzche quotes.

Surrealism.

Emo.

It's one of those game which you just know is ART.

When I saw this today in HMV I suddenly remembered how much everyone goes on about it (at N-Europe anyway :P) So I thought I might as well get it and see what it's like! I'm gonna' have bit of a play later on so I'll be back to say if it does or doesn't live up to the hype!

Sorry, it doesn't! :P

Stick with it my friend, it's such a different game and fuses all sorts of funny elements into one game.

Classical music.

Nietzche quotes.

Surrealism.

Emo.

It's one of those game which you just know is ART.

Or does it just use art without creating its own? Sorry, just being light-hearted - I genuinely hope bstmte loves it as much as you!

Classical music.

Nietzche quotes.

Surrealism.

Emo.

Not forgetting PROSTITUTION(n.) and ATHEISM(n.).

Finished the game a couple of weeks ago. Personally, I loved it. I even managed to convince a fellow student to get it, when he asked me for good overlooked Wii games you can get for cheap. He enjoyed it, too. ^^

Some bosses really were a bit of a pain. Especially those, who had instant kill moves. :P

Couldn't be bothered to get all collectibles, but thats the case with every game for me.

How can I take Verde to the last battle? I can't remember having the option.

My only technical complains are the lack of pointer control, clumsy group management and the lack of 480p. Neither killed it for me and the game controlled well enough, but seriously, what were they thinking when they decided not to include the pointer functionality? Some "shake the mote for sending all minions with the same class as the first one at once" command wouldn't have hurt either.

Or does it just use art without creating its own?

It uses real world art and themes, that you could describe as mature (at least as mature, as the 1001. whack-a-mole WWIII shooter, anyway), and packs it into a... well, that would be a spoiler. ;)

I'd describe it as an extended playable fable. There's lots of subtle irony in it and if you are so inclined, you can well call it art. Plus, the game's mechanics may have elements of Pikmin, but they're really quite unique.

Looking back, I can see why the game is so overlooked. When the creators deliberately chose an art style like a child's fantasy, they practically asked for it. I'm just happy the game came into being and sad, that only so few people will look past the visuals and enjoy the game they hide...

Edited by Burny

The saddest thing still is that Cing were discussing a sequel and then the company filed for bankrupcy :(

Whatever happened to the blueprints of Super Little King's Story....

Edited by Fused King

So after having not touched this for months, and leaving my new save file to ponder whether I'd be back to rule over the world with an iron fist, I decided to boot this up today. And almost instantly, I was reminded of how much strategy there is to the battles and how hard it is.

3 hours I sat and tried to topple King Duvroc of the Kingdom of Jolly. Eventually nailed it with only 4 units left (3 lumberjacks and a farmer :laughing:) but damn it was frustrating.

I've got it sitting on my bucket list of things I want to try and complete this summer but after that showdown, I don't think that's going to happen. :p Oh well, at least I'll keep going and and see whether my iron fist can break down any more kingdom barriers. Doubt it, probably just end up sending more people to their death. :D

So after having not touched this for months, and leaving my new save file to ponder whether I'd be back to rule over the world with an iron fist, I decided to boot this up today. And almost instantly, I was reminded of how much strategy there is to the battles and how hard it is.

3 hours I sat and tried to topple King Duvroc of the Kingdom of Jolly. Eventually nailed it with only 4 units left (3 lumberjacks and a farmer :laughing:) but damn it was frustrating.

I've got it sitting on my bucket list of things I want to try and complete this summer but after that showdown, I don't think that's going to happen. :p Oh well, at least I'll keep going and and see whether my iron fist can break down any more kingdom barriers. Doubt it, probably just end up sending more people to their death. :D

King Duvroc was an exception for me... because I personally found there to be next to NO strategy for him!... I basically kept firing everyone I had at him until he was toppled!

You might find the next King, King Shishkebaboo frustrating aswell (unless you've already done him, as those two Kingdoms can be done at once)... but after that the game get's ALOT better in terms of the boss 'fights' IMO!

Well, Duvroc was easy to suss out. It's just that before getting to him, I had brought only a few grunt soldiers and hunters and mostly construction/gathering units which, although helpful in taking down the boxes he was standing on, didn't help when it came to attacking him. Think I'd have been better off with a team of hunters as I wouldn't have had to destroy the boxes or waste soldiers getting thrown away and killed.

It was all the damn UMA he called upon throughout the battle... that pissed me off!

True, You really had to be careful around the edges when you were trying to dodge King Duvroc's 'KAMPPEEIIII!!!!'

Glad to see this thread back in action again:D

Ganepark32, try not to lead too many loyal followers into their deaths, funerals aren't free:p