NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

The initial strength of your villagers is random, same goes for when you decide to give them a job: They come out with a random number (usually 3, 4 or 5)

You'll find items later in the game which'll help increase their life, but you'll also get the opportunity to increase everyone's life in a different fashion (I shan't tell, it's pretty funny:laughing:)

As for Howser, replace the H with a B and what does it spell!!!!:o

You're in for quite a treat, my boy;) KEEP US POSTED!!!

The wii wont read my disc :cry:

i've still got a few mini quests to do and now the whole thing is gone

i need a new copy a.s.a.p

The thread that keeps on livin'!

That's a nice category for the 2010 N-europe Awards.

.......AND THIS THREAD WILL DOMINATE!!!

you're a good man, I'll send some Dutch ho's to show you some lovin' :laughing:

That was an excellent tune! Although I loved the boss music for Long Sauvage I thought they missed a trick - they should have used 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' :)

Well done Flameboy - I can't send you dutch ho's but I will raise a glass in your honour in the pub tonight!

OK! So two questions where are the dutch ho's and did you raise a glass daftada?!! :wink:

Here's the letter I got

Nietzsche, Atheism, prostitution... This game covers just about everything.

WTF!!! If I had known under its cute exterior it had elements of philosophy especially Nietzsche I'd have got it a lot earlier...hopefully both this and Bioshock 2 will turn up tomorrow!

Man this is a great game!

This morning I spent my time beating the Onii Club Boss... who tbh was pretty tricky being surrounded by those 4 little suckers... I'm still not entirely sure I'm going about battle the right way, but then maybe that's because I don't ever want any of my people to die!

It's basically a case of sending your troops off to do a little damage at a time right?... and calling them back inbetween to avoid the enemy move.

But even some of the small onii enemies can prove a bit tricky when they are in a group of 3/4... especially when they come out of the dig holes! Pesky buggers!

Then I spent a lot of time building up my village, I've built all the initial buildings, and everything in the farmland other than the shopping centre, got my gold crown logo for calling troops to the castle, can now have 12 in my team and did that leveling up overnight training exercise thing!

A couple of niggles thus far would be... getting all of your party up some of the ramps without a few falling off and getting left behind... it seems almost impossible!

And the aiming can occasionally be a bit hit and miss, I've sent a few of my party off in the wrong direction/to the wrong enemy under important moments once or twice causing a bit of trouble! The 'lock-on' doesn't seem to actually 'lock-on', but just highlight who you're aiming at!... Any tips?

But really I can overlook those things!

I love how you can just take it at your own pace, I know I should be off to battle the Onii King, but atm I'm just having too much fun collecting and building!

Alot of my townsfolk are falling in love which is nice, oh and I also built the church... crazy minister! Also got a couple of lumberjacks to cut down a few fallen giant trees, got a few more of those to do!

I love how things just naturally grow in the town... with new breeds of animals and woodland creatures turning up all the time, there's so much life to the place!

I'm a bit puzzled by that giant purse in the farmland atm... guess all will become clear later!

And that magical woodland place just behind the village where the sun beams through the trees and people occasionally sunbathe... what a gorgeous place with lovely music!

Edited by Retro_Link

Hmmmm, I actually didn't use the so-called 'lock-on' system very often, but when I did, I always made sure I had enough space between me and the enemy. Of course this can get tricky when a lot is going on, but just try and remember the 8 basic directions from your nunchuck.

It'll become much easier to get your squad up a ramp later on in the game. I do agree that it was rather troublesome at first.

Ah, yes, THE ONII KING:D

Awesome remix of Gnossienne no.1

Don't you just love the fact that everyone bows down to you:laughing:

Damn you and your I-am-experiencing-this-game-for-the-first-time, for this is one of those games that lends its power from the storyline and once you've finished it, your incentive might drop to play it again....

Edited by Fused King

Nah I'm not using the lock-on either... I'd actually forgotten about it until I saw the enemy being highlighted when I had the guide line up once.

I'm just aiming in the general direction atm.

Yeah everyones politeness is great! The game just has so much charm to it... I love my castle town!

Edited by Retro_Link

Hmm.

I feel like I'm selling a part of myself to the devil for asking for help, but I'm pretty stuck.

Can someone tell me how exactly I get into the Primetime Kingdom? Do I have to get past the television in Skull Plains somehow? I thought I might have been able to recruit a New Islander at this point so I could get past the pieces of Lego at Over-There Beach and reached it via there, but alas, not so.

All I can remember is that I walked up to a small television and it sucked me into the world of mayham a.k.a. Primetime Kingdom.

Let me ask you something though D, how did you get into New Island?

Did you need an Eggman or a Volcano guy to get in there?

I'm asking this, because I conquered the other 3 kingdoms first before I went for Jumbo Champloon....so I'm a bit confused here:laughing:

Edited by Fused King

Let me ask you something though D, how did you get into New Island?

Did you need an Eggman or a Volcano guy to get in there?

I'm asking this, because I conquered the other 3 kingdoms first before I went for Jumbo Champloon....so I'm a bit confused here

Nay, the only special men that were required to reach Jumbo were Giga Carpenters to build an elevator. Other than that, it was just a case of building a bridge to New Island just south of Sobamanjaro.

Well, you should be able to head in the direction of Primetime Kingdom and get sucked into that telly then.....

Be well prepared though, bring along some farmers!!!

It's a fairly small tele, and there's a red gauge over it suggesting that it's a job for a man of the Primetime Kingdom after I've beaten the king.

Maybe I'm just being an idiot and have completely overlooked the real entrance... somehow.

Yes, you are looking at the wrong television.

The telly that sucks you in, is half hidden in some sort of bush.

OK! So two questions where are the dutch ho's and did you raise a glass daftada?!! :wink:

I did indeed! In fact I raised several over the course of the night! :grin:

Well, Uhm, hmyes, ....well,....gee ....uhm..I too have my needs:laughing:

I feel at such a discount price that my purchase to support this developer is moot.

I see what you mean, but at anything under £10, it's probably the retailer taking the hit, getting rid of their stock. I'm sure they wouldn't order it to sell that cheaply. I paid £17, but the extra money probably went to the retailer, not the publisher.

Well, Uhm, hmyes, ....well,....gee ....uhm..I too have my needs:laughing:

You selfish chap! I was hoping you were going to send me some too, but you had them all to yourself!!

I think my disc is weird. I can't seem to have a sustained session any more without getting a disc error. If I'm lucky, it'll last an hour before giving me an error message. Well... I say lucky, but sometimes that means losing an hour of unsaved playtime. Very frustrating. Maybe it'll be worth picking up another copy on the cheap.

--

Anyway, I've completed the assembly of the Flying Machine! Should I take Howser's word literally when he hints that there may be no return after I embark? Should I make sure I've finished everything else in the world before I set off?

I feel at such a discount price that my purchase to support this developer is moot.

Publishers make their money when they ship stock through wholesale to a store. Shops themselves can then add what they want on top and that's their margin. When a game like LKS is heavily discounted it's the shop itself that loses out on each copy sold. But if they have had to discount something they're unlikely to re-purchase stock, so publishers (and therefore developers) lose out on repeat orders. That's why when possible I try and pre-order or buy early in a game's lifespan (especially if I want to support the devs efforts like LKS).

I think my disc is weird. I can't seem to have a sustained session any more without getting a disc error. If I'm lucky, it'll last an hour before giving me an error message. Well... I say lucky, but sometimes that means losing an hour of unsaved playtime. Very frustrating. Maybe it'll be worth picking up another copy on the cheap.

--

Anyway, I've completed the assembly of the Flying Machine! Should I take Howser's word literally when he hints that there may be no return after I embark? Should I make sure I've finished everything else in the world before I set off?

It wouldn't matter, but once you head for the sky, there's no coming back!

:love: