NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

Ah, I now see why Fused King raved so much about this game. In a nutshell, it's Pikmin done better, plus an incredibly well-done setting.

I have now recently founded Farmland and I have a couple of questions, actually:

1-Do children ever grow by themselves, or can I find jobs for them? I feel they're a bit useless for now, even if I can't resist marrying everyone who falls in love.

2-Just recently, me and a few hearty lumberjacks found a weird shrine just east of the castle town, but it doesn't seem to be anything. What is it?

3-I have also built a "Floral Florist" in the recently-founded Farmland. The description says it's part of a "Kingdom Beautification Project", but does it actually do anything?

Stay away from the florist at all cost. If you send your units into it, they'll come out wearing flowers on their heads and it makes it nearly impossible to tell them apart.

Basically, you've just wasted your money.

Wait...all it does is put flowers on people's heads?...Lol :laughing:

I'll remember to stay away from more "Beautification Projects", then.

1-Do children ever grow by themselves, or can I find jobs for them? I feel they're a bit useless for now, even if I can't resist marrying everyone who falls in love.

IIRC, you have to send them to school if you want them to grow up. They don't on their own. As children they can climb up trees, so you need them for some treasures!

Totally did the same.

In a time where almost nothing is discussed in the Wii(u) Boards,

Little King's Story gets a good amount of attention by forumers.

I am happy :)

@ Jonnas

Could you descibe this shrine more throroughly?

I am inclined to think it has something to do with the fan-art, but I do also recall the guy who you bring the fan art to lives in a tipi of some sort....

@ Jonnas

Could you descibe this shrine more throroughly?

I am inclined to think it has something to do with the fan-art, but I do also recall the guy who you bring the fan art to lives in a tipi of some sort....

It's in a small clearing, there are a few benches and an altar made of stone, making it look like a church. Pleasant music plays there. But there's no one there. It's fairly close to the hot springs.

OH YEAH! I found that a while ago (I too also just started playing the game :D). I couldn't find it later, I think it disappears when the artist turns up asking you to collect his artwork.

I wasn't sure what he apologised for, his name or his demanding you collect stuff. Or the standard of his drawings :p

Now for my issue:

I've gone all the way around through those melon patches, through the pot throwing onii etc and reached the Ripe Kingdom and Jolly Kingdom but there are some clouds that suggest I could take a shortcut, how do I get to this?

A sign said having a miner would help but it didn't do anything when I brought one except take away a couple of rocks. I'm not even sure of the kingdoms I am supposed to heading towards.

Such a good game. I always dread the morning after a death and visit the shores =[ feel so guilty. THE PAIN OF BEING A KING.

I just fired it up for a bit, think I shall indeed start over again sometime soon.

Being as it's been so long, I've no idea where you're at Ell so I can't really provide much help, but I'm pretty sure those are indeed the two places you should be heading for.

Maybe look around for a big rock you missed? Have you gained either of those kingdoms yet?

Thought I'd show it via the LKS map:

acy97a.jpg

Okay the black are paths I've got/ revealed myself, simply drawn obviously (thank you Paint!). The red line is the path/clouds that I feel I should be able to get rid of. When I go into sunflower plains, there's a fence going all the way around and I can't get in to that bit so I have to go the long way around.

I've defeated the crazy toy knight and the owl lady, the ogre is 4 stars so not sure I can do that yet. If I go further I can go up some stone stairs and I see some massive dragon, but cannot get to it.

The blue x's are the kingdoms I think I should be aiming for but I'm not entirely sure.

@Ellmeister:

You'll get to the spot with the dragon from the kingdom with the tree I believe. That's the next one you should be heading for.

Iirc, you can't get to where the egg is on the map, before you've done the kingdom with the trees. You'll have to pass a tunnel and I believe it should be blocked before (or something)....

You should indeed be aiming for those kingdoms EllMeister!

EXPAND FOR GLORY!

Taken over jolly kingdom, had to give that a few goes first.

I thought a miner would be able to hang on in the ice and fire (use his pickaxe to hang on, and miners are used to fire and pickaxes are for ice. Turns out my farmer did it! So had him attack the beer crates instead.

Got my hardened soldiers after defeating an ogre who was really easy actually. Onwards!

The other kingdom boss is quite fun :)

(if a little frustrating, i guess i just liked the concept really)

The other kingdom boss is quite fun :)

(if a little frustrating, i guess i just liked the concept really)

You just described every boss in the game. ;)

Ell, I think you and I are at the same place in the game!

I feel like I've pumped a lot of hours into this game, but I realise that I've done fuck all really. I just spend my time collecting tax and doing sidequests. Too much in this game to do.

It's all hard in places. It makes me want to cry. Fiendishly charming, though.

Ell, I think you and I are at the same place in the game!

I feel like I've pumped a lot of hours into this game, but I realise that I've done fuck all really. I just spend my time collecting tax and doing sidequests. Too much in this game to do.

It's all hard in places. It makes me want to cry. Fiendishly charming, though.

I thought the exact same thing, I'd done loads of sidequests but not gotten far, but today I finished off Shishkebaboo. Took me a few goes because I didn't realise what I had to do!

Just get his weight down really low, but once it got low he was just smaller and faster which didn't help! Bosses are fun yet hard which I like. I've expanded and gotten through the tunnel but didn't bring miner or lumberjack.

Think next king is all about the chickens so I'm guessing I need a few Chefs?

Right, I still don't know what the shrine does, but I trust it will be useful at some point. The "fanart as collectibles" idea is fantastic :)

Also, any tips on facing the Fried Federation? I swear, they're pure evil.

I think... Archers... lot's of them, and just keep cycling through them.

If you're referring to this out the back of the beautiful woods...

img001nx.jpg

I emailed them about it to find out for sure I hadn't missed something, and they had this to say...

Hello,

Marvelous forwarded your e-mail inquiry to us so let me try to address what we can.

First off, glad to hear that you loved the game so much. The development team in Japan poured their hearts and souls into the project, and we were fortunate enough to be a part of it.

To address your other questions, the development cycle for Little King's Story was a long and tumultuous one, pretty much like any other high-quality videogame out there these days. During this development process the team is always forced to cut back on features that they had originally intended in order to finish the project, and looks like your keen observations found two instances of that.

Thanks for your support of the title, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a sequel as well but the final decision will lie with Marvelous Entertainment.

There's another small clearing aswell off of those woods... which I think might have something to defeat at a later date, or some things to collect there, I'm not sure, but don't think anything too exciting happens there.

Edited by Retro_Link

Right, I still don't know what the shrine does, but I trust it will be useful at some point. The "fanart as collectibles" idea is fantastic :)

Also, any tips on facing the Fried Federation? I swear, they're pure evil.

If they are what I think I remember they are, a chef or two mate, mashes their shit up in seconds.

Chefs! Of course! So obvious! :p

I actually just conquered that area, still haven't built anything. I don't even know what a chef actually does yet :heh: