NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

OK, I'm getting serously pissed off with King Shishkebaboo... what a joke!

First of all your forced to take possibly damaged troops into the battle, by fighting those four Pogo stick Onii (you can't go back to the spa), and then the battle itself seems to be down to absolute chance!!

At first I was really pleased by this boss, to see that there was gonna be a bit of variety to boss battles, with this one being a crazy take on pinball... but it's rediculous!

It's too difficult to bounce him directly upwards, let alone within the short time it gives you to send him up the lit path!... and all the time your villagers are constantly loosing health!

Am I supposed to have miners or something by this point?... what's with the 'and try to use thsoe who are good at breaking up rocks' strategy you get given?

Atm I'm using soldiers, the majority of which are all on 8/9 health... put when I can't aim the frickin' ball it makes little difference!

Stupid queen of a boss!

Here's my tips for beating shishkebaboo posted earlier in the thread:

Firstly, make sure you go after Duvroc before Shishy as this gives you the chance to get some of those magic beans for your citizens (an extra bit of health is REALLY handy for this boss). Make sure you have plenty of miners in your squad, as well as any soldiers/woodcutters/carpenters with high health. If you have any weapons that add an extra bit of life or power to the citizens then put them on your miners first.

The trick for Shishkebaboo is to keep him bouncing around the arena, reducing his health bit by bit. Throw your soldiers at him to stop him running over your group (this deals huge damage), and make sure you use miners to get rid of any rocks that tumble down the field. Once the arena starts flashing (I can't remember how you trigger this...you might need to bounce him into a hole or something??), you need to send your miners up through the centre of the arena, towards a big rock at the top of the screen. There are arrows on the ground pointing to it so its not easy to miss. Once the miners have done their thing on the big rock you'll see a fork behind it - hit Shishkebaboo into this fork to pop the bastard and claim the kingdom!

Hope this helps!

Seeing as I have been hammering the 360 lately I decided to have a Wii Appreciation Day today, although my collection has been decimated after a recent clear out.

First port of call was to start another playthrough of this. In fact, I haven't yet had the chance to look at anything else because I haven't been able to put this down (again) and it's f'ing ace to get back on this, it's still as enchanting as it was.

I'd like to get this game and I see this is £7 on Amazon UK but delivery to Rep. of Ireland is £5 before I pay VAT. It's also £7 on Tescos website.

Dammit I didn't realise to get Miners, all you had to do was beat that guardian! doh!

I had been putting off doing him, as I'd thought I'd save a few side quests up for after the boss!

I thought I would either find a miner somewhere, or one would come to the castle or something (don't really know why I thought that)... actually I do, it was that earthquake cutscene after the 2nd boss, I thought the miners hut would be in that underground tunnel or something?!

Aaaaaaaanyways, so I've expanded out into the new area... next job will be getting some miners and then going to kick some ass!

Hahaha,

I've started my second run of this game yesterday after work and even stopped watching football for it ;)

Beat the first four kings allready and again totally falling in love with this game!! :)

Hahaha,

I've started my second run of this game yesterday after work and even stopped watching football for it ;)

Beat the first four kings allready and again totally falling in love with this game!! :)

I love this game too, how long did it take you to clock it the first time?

I didn't aim for the fastest runthrough, I just love this game too much to rush it :)

Even this second time around I keep talking to the villagers, try to obtain all the art, songs, food etc.

Guess I put more than 40 hours in the first run :P

Actually I think the reason I didn't realise about the miners was that signpost that leads to where the knight battle is, it says something like 'not for you yet'... so despite having explored down there plenty of times I never envisage it was a place you'd be able to expand out into... much like the Onii grounds before the Dark Valley has thus far always stayed undeveloped!

I think I'm already approaching 20hrs (up to the 3rd King)... but I'm just enjoying taking my time!

Of course! Take as much time as you need, my friend. Dominating the world isn't something to rush and don't forget to please your woman along the way:laughing:

This game took me longer than Twilight Princess and just like Twi-Pri, it never got boring:D

You going for ze Shiskebaboo then?

Don't forget to read the signs after you've defeated a King.

I love Uncle Tim's propaganda:laughing::love:

Here's my tips for beating shishkebaboo posted earlier in the thread:

Firstly, make sure you go after Duvroc before Shishy as this gives you the chance to get some of those magic beans for your citizens (an extra bit of health is REALLY handy for this boss). Make sure you have plenty of miners in your squad, as well as any soldiers/woodcutters/carpenters with high health. If you have any weapons that add an extra bit of life or power to the citizens then put them on your miners first.

The trick for Shishkebaboo is to keep him bouncing around the arena, reducing his health bit by bit. Throw your soldiers at him to stop him running over your group (this deals huge damage), and make sure you use miners to get rid of any rocks that tumble down the field. Once the arena starts flashing (I can't remember how you trigger this...you might need to bounce him into a hole or something??), you need to send your miners up through the centre of the arena, towards a big rock at the top of the screen. There are arrows on the ground pointing to it so its not easy to miss. Once the miners have done their thing on the big rock you'll see a fork behind it - hit Shishkebaboo into this fork to pop the bastard and claim the kingdom!

Hope this helps!

OMFG! are you serious!!... You have to send the miners up the flashing path!!!!!!! How the fuck are you supposed to know that??! I thought that was the path you had to fire him up to finish him off!!!

Thanks!! No wonder I was getting no where!!

Edited by Retro_Link

'Gee, I wonder how to get rid of that giant rock at the end of the elightened path?'

First thing that ran though my mind.

It baffles me that you didn't get the hint:laughing:

'Gee, I wonder how to get rid of that giant rock at the end of the elightened path?'

First thing that ran though my mind.

It baffles me that you didn't get the hint:laughing:

Where does it say that? I haven't read that anywhere?!

Or if I have I've long forgotten it!

Edited by Retro_Link

Oh right!

Tbh I didn't really notice that rock as being an obstacle... seeing as everything else on the stage (any other rocks etc...) pretty much dissapears when the stage lights up, I assumed it was clearing the obstacles for you to launch a shot at the door!

Guess I just assumed that was a ramp up to it!

Couldn't really have been more wrong about this boss battle. :hmm:

EDIT: Just beat him, but with 5 troops remaining... I'm not gonna carry on from that!

This game is seriously missing a 'restart from last save' option!

Edited by Retro_Link

EDIT: Just beat him, but with 5 troops remaining... I'm not gonna carry on from that!

This game is seriously missing a 'restart from last save' option!

But most (if not all) of your lost troops would have washed up on Resurrection Beach the following day anyway.