NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

For anyone still on the fence, this game is absolutely outstanding.

Completed it months back but the music and memories still kick in every now and again!

However, I would recommend you play this game when you have the time to and not in short bursts. It's a game that you should really fully absorb yourself with and it will become an instant all time classic.

Edited by Retro_Link

Well darn, this sounds really good...but no EDTV support, so can't play it.

o.O

How comes? You refuse to play it or what?

o.O

How comes? You refuse to play it or what?

No, I'm using a PC monitor, and the cable only supports the 480p mode...Luckily, most Wii games do have that, but then there are cases like this :/

I couldn't beat the last king so I gave up. Fun while it lasted though.

No, I'm using a PC monitor, and the cable only supports the 480p mode...Luckily, most Wii games do have that, but then there are cases like this :/

I assume you are using some kind of converter? Because I've got a hybrid between monitor and TV and have my Wii connected to it with a component cable. That worked fine for LKS.

No, I'm using a PC monitor..

Hey.. maybe you could help Eenuh out with this :smile:

For anyone still on the fence, this game is absolutely outstanding.

I don't think I'm anywhere near the fence :eek: If there weren't so many other games to play, maybe I'd be interested but I'm just not feeling enough towards it.. no matter how many videos I watch on YouTube :heh:

I don't think I'm anywhere near the fence :eek: If there weren't so many other games to play, maybe I'd be interested but I'm just not feeling enough towards it.. no matter how many videos I watch on YouTube :heh:
Well ok, but you're missing out on an absolute gem! Especially considering it's one of the cheapest games out there!

Honestly, I was undecided about the game before I made myself get it... I wasn't sure about a game that looked to be in my eyes, quite a strategy/building-sim game and that was putting me off. But I knew I'd enjoyed Pikmin (well, largely watching Eddage play Pikmin), so I went for it and I was wrong about the type of game it was... and it was EPIC!

Just like this... :D

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Hey.. maybe you could help Eenuh out with this :smile:

Ok, thanks for the heads up nando, made a separate thread...

I have the game, only heard great things about it. Part of my backlog that still includes Gamecube games. I will get around to it, I think it should be one of the last by the sound of the recommendations!

I really really really need to get back into this. Got up to the first king a while back, left if for a while then struggled to remember where I was up to.

Think I need to restart it

Oh my god, so true for me too. I like, killed ONE king and kept failing the battle with another(by kept I mean like twice) and then I sort of fell off playing, then moved house, then got scared my wii slowly destroys discs, then like totally never ever played again. Not to mention I originally royally monged up my wii and totally lost my entire LKS save and had to play it ALL over again to get to the same point(i'd ground alot for golds etc). Maybe one day, that Little King's Story shall be mine!

So, making progress Tapedeck?

Nephews away for a week so promised not to touch it. He adores it and doesn't wanna miss anything as we play through together.

I've been playing Sonic Colours though :D S'aaaaaall good.

Destructoid do this pretty cool series called The Memory Card, its a bunch of walks down memory lane. Perfect for us old cronies that like to sit around and reminisce.

The latest addition to the fold is LKS! Its a massive write up so I won't quote the whole thing.

Can you imagine playing a videogame that forced you to remember everything you once learned in grade school? What if The Legend of Zelda required you to know the order of all the periodic elements before brewing a red potion? What if Contra asked you to enter the first ten digits of pi to access the game’s many bases?

Luckily, this doesn’t happen very often, which, while interesting, is probably a good thing. Playing a videogame should be a challenge, but not a near-impossible chore. And no videogame -- I don’t care what videogame -- should make anyone dive back into the awkward memories of grade school.

Call it genius or call it insane, Little King’s Story -- the quirky, altogether fantastic little action-strategy game for the Wii -- actually features a moment just like this. The game contains a boss battle that requires the player to reach back into their years of Hypercolor shirts and yellow Sony Sports Walkmans to recall and utilize their knowledge of, of all things ... geography.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-memory-card-97-geography-lesson-205963.phtml

Fused King in 3... 2...

1!

and here I was thinking that you finally started playing this gift from the incomprehendible forces of the universe....

I agree with the article though; Little King's Story throws brilliant gameplay at you, with bosses to match!

Yet I'm very depressed at his mention of Little King's Story 2: a very unlikely happening :(

WHY CING! WHYYYYY!!

and here I was thinking that you finally started playing this gift from the incomprehendible forces of the universe....

Haha, I knew it. Some day when you least expect it I will do just that. :hug:

Lol. Tbh I still have so much more to play in this and just...never got round to it. Think I only ever defeated one king/boss thing?

Lol. Tbh I still have so much more to play in this and just...never got round to it. Think I only ever defeated one king/boss thing?

That's insane!:o

It's soooooooooo good, Rummy!

Please give it priority, you'll be amazed through and through.

I killed some undead cow thing.

I killed some undead cow thing.

Um, world domination awaits. What are you waiting for? It's a looong, but very fun way. It's slightly longer for Cube. ;) Many carefree adults will be forced to work on the way.

Although, I'd probably just restart in your place. I find myself lost more often than not when I come back to a game after months. And you've both practically just started.

Seriously, give the game some priority. Say, a resolution like: "I won't touch Skyward Sword until I've seen LKS' end credits! (NOT on youtube :p )"

Um, world domination awaits. What are you waiting for? It's a looong, but very fun way. It's slightly longer for Cube. ;) Many carefree adults will be forced to work on the way.

Although, I'd probably just restart in your place. I find myself lost more often than not when I come back to a game after months. And you've both practically just started.

Seriously, give the game some priority. Say, a resolution like: "I won't touch Skyward Sword until I've seen LKS' end credits! (NOT on youtube :p )"

Well, I'm not sure I'd play through from the beginning again, I once accidentally raped my wii and in fixing it hastily cleaned off my LKS save and played all the way back to basically just before where I am now!

I think it was Shishkebaboo I just fought, and the last I played I was fighting the other king who likes food etc where its set up like a pinball game, quite liked that idea

@Rummy: If you've had to start two times over already... :heh:

Shishkebaboo is the gluttonous king. There are a couple of other wacky boss fights to come. ;)

Ohhh, his name misleads me! Twas the drunkenish one that I defeated(drunk, shish kebabs, maybe you see my mental connection). Turns out it was Duvroc I had defeated(upon looking it up).

My thing as welll, I kinda...grinded quite a bit? I dunno if it is grinding, but like...I went to fight as much of all and everything that I could to have everything I could by time I faced the kings. Not sure I could face that again, but I know it's how I'd play. I'll maybe get on playing it sometime when my life calms down, cos it really was one of the best things I ever played.