NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

hmmm weighing up which to play first this or boy and his blob.
I'd say A Boy and His Blob, because it's a lot shorter, and out of the two I think LKS is the better game, so you'll be saving the best for last and then you can just take your time on this game! Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah I was actually thinking might play boy and his blob first cos its shorter.

A Boy and His Blob is great, but comparatively short (from what I hear) so yeah, definitely do that one first.

A Boy and His Blob is great, but comparatively short (from what I hear) so yeah, definitely do that one first.

Yeah boy 'n blob is great, really enjoying it so far.

I had a load of my townsfolk turn up in black hats and funeral attire the other day as a guy washed up on the beach, but apparently they didn't get there in time and he died!!! I thought people always came back??? What is the meaing of this? Any thoughts?

I had a load of my townsfolk turn up in black hats and funeral attire the other day as a guy washed up on the beach, but apparently they didn't get there in time and he died!!! I thought people always came back??? What is the meaing of this? Any thoughts?

I believe it's kind of random. Most of the time people wash up on the shore, but sometimes he/she disappears for EVUR!

Then, It's funeral time baby!: peace:

I believe it's kind of random. Most of the time people wash up on the shore, but sometimes he/she disappears for EVUR!

Then, It's funeral time baby!: peace:

He got eaten by a damn toad!!! Those things are enraging! Just done the third king! The game seems to be advancing quite quickly now as I spent loads of time building my kingdom then kings 2 and 3 came straight after each other.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389518

I can't believe this - CING, developers of LKS, Last Window and Another Code have gone bankrupt...

Why can't Nintendo come and buy them, they're practically a second party dev anyway...

I heard it too, and even though LKS was a joint operation, CING played a significant role in it:red::red::red:

CING (Founded In April 1999)

Entire development history and Japan sales

2003 - Glass Rose (Capcom) - 6k

2005 - Another Code (Nintendo) - 105k

2007 - Wish Room (Nintendo) - 212k

2009 - Another Code R (Nintendo) - 10k

2009 - Little King's Story (Marvelous) - 6k

2009 - Again (Tecmo) - 1k

2010 - Last Window (Nintendo) - 31k

Last company that Nintendo brought

Monolithsoft (Founded In October 1999)

Entire development history and Japan sales

2002 - Xenosaga Ep1 - 439k

2003 - Xenosaga Ep1 Reload - 14k

2003 - Baten Kaitos - 108k

2004 - Xenosaga Freaks - 25k

2004 - Xenosaga Ep2 - 256k

2005 - Namco x Capcom - 131k

2006 - Xenosaga I+II - 21k

2006 - Xenosaga Ep3 - 181k

2006 - Baten Kaitos II - 44k

2008 - Soma Bringer - 100k

2008 - Super Robot Wars OG Saga - 120k

2008 - Disaster - 27k

2009 - Dragonball Kai - 192k

2010 - Super Robot Wars OG Saga Exceed - 79k (first week)

2010 - Xenoblade - Upcoming

Why Nintendo don't step in and buy them is beyond me.

They're not financially viable. Just look at their game sales; they went bust for a reason.

But with Nintendo backing them up marketing-wise, they could manage far better sales.

Nintendo should take notice of the quality of the titles, not the quantity sold.

:(

Actually, now that I think about it the rights to the franchises themselves could definitely be worth picking up.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo already own the Hotel Dusk and Another Code IPs.

Don't forget that NINTENDO might just try to attract the developers with mahnee......

Oh, haha, forget something:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NINTENDO BUY THE LITTLE KING'S STORY FRANCHISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEONE GET A HOLD OF THE BLUEPRINTS FOR LKS 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just beat the Red Turnip guardian after working out the best strategy for him, without loosing anyone.

Fully expanded into that area.

Got part 4 of the Flying Machine... the Crystal Egg shielding.

And beat the UFO invaders side quest.

And now that I've pretty much opened up all of Skull Plains, the TV awaits!

This game is still in my 'To play' list and judging by all the comments here I'm in for a treat.

But should I really go for this next when I have de Blob, Cursed Mountain, Geometry Wars and BlastWorks all itching to be played?

Dilemma doesn't even begin to describe it.

@ Retro_Link

Prepare to get mindfucked: peace:

T.V. King Dinnah is one crazy banana. Still, every tune in his kingdom was inspired by George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue:D

I love it how this game got me back into classic music again:love:

This game is still in my 'To play' list and judging by all the comments here I'm in for a treat.

But should I really go for this next when I have de Blob, Cursed Mountain, Geometry Wars and BlastWorks all itching to be played?

Dilemma doesn't even begin to describe it.

Fact is, this game is a VAST adventure and might just take you longer than Twilight Princess (assuming you've finished it). So, I'd save this game for a special 'drought' kind of occasion when you've got plenty o' time to spoil your eyes and ears, that's what I'm doing with Muramasa: The Demon Blade anyway.....

I'd still like to stress that you need to play the game ASAP though:laughing:

Well, personally, I'm hoping to finish it before Fragile, because I quite fancy playing that on release. That's quite optimistic of me though, because I've only beaten one king! :heh:

Well, personally, I'm hoping to finish it before Fragile, because I quite fancy playing that on release. That's quite optimistic of me though, because I've only beaten one king! :heh:

You're right, you're far to optimistic ;)

I got myself into a right muddle last night. Foolishly, I decided to make everyone happier by changing their jobs if they had low health. Their health did improve, but more of them hate me than ever and I've wasted all the money I spent training the archers etc!

Is there any way at all of telling who will be happy in which jobs? I've read GameFAQs but can't find much.

As far as I can tell it doesn't matter what job anyone has, they'll just be happy so long as they have one.

As the game progresses you'll get numerous ways of updating health, and by a certain point in the game you'll have WAY more citizens than you know what to do with (at least that's what's happened to me as I'm yet to have anyone actually die, and I currently have 113 citizens).

You'll gradually amass people you tend to recruit into you party over and over (the ones with the higher health), the others you can just leave around the town.

People who hate you, the way I play the game, are the ones that don't get recruited by me for battle (they are the ones I leave around town because their stats are too low).

In the past for me it's only ever been the occasional 2-4 people, but now I have a load of citizens alot are getting neglected.

To get around this... and I spent some time doing today, just recruit all these people into your party every now and again and go and do some general jobs with them around the kingdom (chopping down bushes/trees/pots, fighting the lesser enemies, treasure hunting etc...) to earn you some money.

When you dismiss the party they'll all 'like each other much better now' and you'll have a happy kingdom!

Found several UFO's for the book,

Did a few letter side quests,

Uncovered a hole, which I'm guessing is the blue dragon guardian?... I'll save that for another time.

But best of all... King Dinnah!

OMG what an incredible boss fight!! I loved every minute of it. The style it was all presented in was amazing... all the different TV footage was, just brilliant... so absorbing and full of character!

The fight itself was great, getting to use your knowledge of the world based on the clues, and because I got them all correct, the boss fight itself was very easy, but that just gave me all the extra time to enjoy it!! The Texas Cowboy, WWIII bombers, the Questions etc...

The boss battles are just getting better and better... I know sooner a later a more standard 'battle' boss fight is likely to come along... but right now I look back at the Onii King and Duvroc, and they are just non comparable!

After doing those two I had thought... if the king battle carry on like this (I thought they were far to manic and a bit unfair... although I could do them... I did just resort to pelting all my troops forward to attack, because there wasn't much strategy for them) I'm going to be a bit dissapointed!

But nope!.. the game pre-empts all this in its fantastic way and just gets better and better!

Also opened up the chance to watch back the games videos... man do you quickly forget just what your castle started out like! I just love how everything grows!

And new American Princess FTW!

Edited by Retro_Link