NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

What if it had been one of the times they didn't, or is that never the case against bosses?

After bosses I always seemed to get all of my troops back so I assume that's nearly always the case. I could be wrong though, as my initial playthrough was a while back, but I do remember experiencing a bloodbath at one point and the beach was still overloaded with resurrections the following day.

The only time I seemed to ever lose a couple of townsfolk that never resurrected were usually those lost when doing something stupid against a non boss.

I haven't done enough in the current playthrough to fully test the theory. Only lost 4 against Shishkebaboo and they all washed up.

If the worst comes to the worst you could just marry off a load of couples and that will soon bring your population back up. Unless you become attached to some of your population and can't bear losing them like I did.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

If the worst comes to the worst you could just marry off a load of couples and that will soon bring your population back up. Unless you become attached to some of your population and can't bear losing them like I did.
Haha, yeah that's exactly what happens with me, I don't want to loose any of them... in most situations I'd rather restart from where I last saved and try again than see anything happen to 'em! Edited by Retro_Link

The only thing I missed was the ability to give names to your people.

If you could do that and decide where your buildings were put this would have been my favoutite game ever! Here's hoping for a sequel! :)

I started this last night. The gameplay seems OK, but is it my eyes, or are the graphics incredibly soft and hard to see? I'm playing it in 60Hz, anamorphic 16:9, so perhaps I should change it to 50Hz and 4:3, and maybe lower the in-game brightness too?

Given this some MAJOR time today... although seeing as there's SO much to do in this game I haven't actually progressed a great deal, lol!

Beat Shiska' only loosing 4 people I think, all of which washed up... so result!

Met the 3 windy citizens on the bridge.

Defeated the Toodstool Guardian. Completely expanded into that area (school, chefs academy, high rises), other than the new flourists.

Found the first 3 parts of the flying machine, beating their 'guardians' along the way... I liked the flying beetle and knocking him onto his back!

Built the bridge over to the Turnip area (I think), haven't explored it yet.

Fully opened up all of Onii, and Sunflower areas that were blocked by boulders.

Opened up tunnel to skull plains... defeated chickens and the hole full of dragons!!... working my way towards that boss.

Did a couple more letter sidequest mini-bosses.

Beat Amatuer table tennis (easy I know)... where does the video player you win go?... or was it just worth money?

New Castle (stage 3) looks awesome!!

Gave some citizens jobs, got some people married!

BTW, after building the hige rise housing I now feel like I have WAY to many citizens!!

Umm... that's probably about it!! Exhausting session!! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Given this some MAJOR time today... although seeing as there's SO much to do in this game I haven't actually progressed a great deal, lol!

Beat Shiska' only loosing 4 people I think, all of which washed up... so result!

Met the 3 windy citizens on the bridge.

Defeated the Toodstool Guardian. Completely expanded into that area (school, chefs academy, high rises), other than the new flourists.

Found the first 3 parts of the flying machine, beating their 'guardians' along the way... I liked the flying beetle and knocking him onto his back!

Built the bridge over to the Turnip area (I think), haven't explored it yet.

Fully opened up all of Onii, and Sunflower areas that were blocked by boulders.

Opened up tunnel to skull plains... defeated chickens and the hole full of dragons!!... working my way towards that boss.

Did a couple more letter sidequest mini-bosses.

Beat Amatuer table tennis (easy I know)... where does the video player you win go?... or was it just worth money?

New Castle (stage 3) looks awesome!!

Gave some citizens jobs, got some people married!

BTW, after building the hige rise housing I now feel like I have WAY to many citizens!!

Umm... that's probably about it!! Exhausting session!! :D

Not bad for a days work and it reminds me of the stupid amount of hours I was putting in when I first picked this up.

I actually haven't learnt my lesson either, because my current playthrough is also taking away far too much of my time*, although I will be wrapping it up soon :weep:.

* My 360 backlog is pretty severe but I haven't been motivated to even switch it on in days because of this re-run.

:DBUY BUY BUY:D

@ Retro_Link

Was this the first game in which you saw the term 'emo' used?

(The three people on the bridge are called The Tyfoony Bunch and have an EMO daughter:laughing:)

Do they ship to Australia? You're all annoying me with your happiness and joy that's coming out of this game. It's sickening. I want it.

Do they ship to Australia? You're all annoying me with your happiness and joy that's coming out of this game. It's sickening. I want it.

Correction: you NEED it!

You have to get it, no matter how high the price is.

This game shows why we are a Wii gamers.

It's my #1 Wii game.

and I'm not exaggerating!

I'm 12 hours in, and I like it a lot... but why oh why did they make targetting enemies so hard? The one thing I'd change is that they should have used the pointer to select the enemy you want to attack. Really missed a major improvement there.

You're right, that sucks, but you get used to it.

But they should implement IR pointing in a possible sequal.

You're right, that sucks, but you get used to it.

But they should implement IR pointing in a possible sequal.

I am now at the Sunflower plains and have just built the bridge over to the melon patch. I was getting kicking off those chickens until I built a chef! The only problem I'm having is it takes me a long time to get my army back there each day to advance a little further.

I am now at the Sunflower plains and have just built the bridge over to the melon patch. I was getting kicking off those chickens until I built a chef! The only problem I'm having is it takes me a long time to get my army back there each day to advance a little further.
There's a solution to that just the other side of the melon patch. :)
@ Retro_Link

Was this the first game in which you saw the term 'emo' used?

(The three people on the bridge are called The Tyfoony Bunch and have an EMO daughter:laughing:)

haha, yeah! I can't believe some of the great language in this game!... of course I've forgotten it all now as I type this :indeed:, but there's so much in there that just seems to suited to us forumites! Nom Nom Nom. Edited by Retro_Link

Look what has become of yourself:laughing:

Shame it doesn't run in 60hz. I think it was the bloom lighting I didn't like as well, but I lowered the brightness and I've got used to it.

I am now well and truly hooked on this game! The funny thing is, I've only just built a Town Square, that's how early on I am, but I can tell it's going to be addictive.

Should I choose carefully which townsfolk I make farmers, soldiers etc? At the moment I'm just doing it carelessly.

Should I choose carefully which townsfolk I make farmers, soldiers etc? At the moment I'm just doing it carelessly.
Make soldiers your priority atm, tbh you only ever really need one farmer around.

defeated the 4th King, of the Eggan kingdom.

What a great boss battle, really enjoyed the question style and not fighting him directly. Those Eggan troops were a bit creepy when they were hiding amongst the trees during the intro!

I think I must not have developed my town enough because I didn't recognise a couple of the possible answers to the voice question... the 'blue soldier' and a wierd 'robot' type thing?!

But anyways I guessed the voice was the robot because it seemed to fit!

Really enjoyed that one!

Make soldiers your priority atm, tbh you only ever really need one farmer around.

Ah, that's interesting. I've just beaten the Cow and the Frog, and at the moment I've got 8 soldiers, 11 farmers and 1 construction worker. One person hates me, and I assume it's the construction worker because he hasn't got any workmates. The reason I made so many farmers is because I assumed they worked on their own.

I've been reading your progress and I agree with you that a "restart from last save" feature would be welcome. I'm surprised how much Little King's Story feels like Pikmin. It's a must-play for anyone wanting Pikmin 3. What impresses me the most though is how subversive and satirical the writing is, such as the way people advise you to slaughter and conquer without worry! It also cracked me up when I got a letter from "Captain Beefheart"- a very rude joke for a 3+ game, although to be fair it would just fly over kids' heads!

Yes, keep on playing, keep on playing:D

Grazza, don't forget to do as much as possible when it comes to expanding before you take on a King. At least TRY to do as much as possible:laughing: for every King has one fucked-up unique state-of-mind.

Retro_Link, Tiptoe Kingdom for you my friend;) The inhabitants of that kingdom make a sound which resembles Dutch:hehe:

'Ja Meneer' meaning 'Yes Sir!'