NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

I've never seen that screen before, when do you get that in the game?

Ouch, I can't compete with that :bowdown:

I've never seen that screen before, when do you get that in the game?

Hmmmm, this got me thinking.

I'd just like to ask the following: Have you finished the game?

Yes, GOTY! :)

I'd like to give it another run-through though...

I really hope they make a sequel to this game!

CUBED3.com =

Little King's Story Wii Still Selling Well (in Europe)

Rising Star Games has revealed that despite modest worldwide sales, Little King's Story is doing well in Europe. Talking in a recently published interview, Rising Star's Product Manager Yen Hau went on record to point out that as well as receiving high praise from all media sources, the game "is still selling well to this day, something which doesn't happen often to videogames." This will definitely come as fantastic news for fans of the game that were thrilled to hear a concept for a sequel is already in place and merely awaiting the greenlight, as mentioned in Cubed3's recent interview with Japanese publisher Marvelous Entertainment.

Below are some quotes from Yen Hau's interview, where Harvest Moon DS3 is confirmed for 2010, JU-ON met expectations and Muramasa: The Demon Blade overcame issues with GAME not stocking it in the UK and has "performed well so far".

Yeah, Rising Star's figures for this certainly made pleasant reading; this game is seriously undertracked for Europe on VGChartz.

I think it's true that positive word of mouth really helped it out over here. Hopefully we're now one step closer to Super Little King's Story :D

Yes, GOTY! :)

I'd like to give it another run-through though...

I really hope they make a sequel to this game!

Dante more or less confirmes what I'd heard.

HURRAH FOR MORE REMIXED CLASSICAL PIECES :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, Rising Star's figures for this certainly made pleasant reading; this game is seriously undertracked for Europe on VGChartz.

I think it's true that positive word of mouth really helped it out over here. Hopefully we're now one step closer to Super Little King's Story :D

Probably more along the lines of: A slighty bigger, but still a pretty small, King:laughing:

Great to hear! I still need to get my hands on this, but it's awesome to hear it's doing well. Hopefully we'll see a LittieBigKing's Story sometime in the future. ;)

Sad news.

Little King's Story sequel in doubt; North America lets world down

Director and producer for quirky Wii title Little King's Story Yoshiro Kimura has said that the chances of a sequel are slim unless people "stop buying Halo and start buying Little King's Story".

Talking to OtakuXGamer.com, Kimura said that despite "working on new concepts for the next Little King's Story", being given the option to develop a second title is going to be "a little difficult" without the sales numbers to justify it.

"I wish that Little King's Story sold more in the States. Everybody writes these really good reviews, but the sales just aren't there? I really want there to be a second title, but it's gonna be a little difficult unless more gamers decide to buy the first one."

Kimura also agreed with the interviewer that it was likely the game's title and box art that "killed it" in the US.

Kimura also pleaded with gamers to buy Little King's Story if they wish to continue seeing games made "that people all over the world can enjoy".

"I want to continue to make games that people all over the world can enjoy. If there's anything that fans can do (to help), it's to go to Amazon and buy (Little King's Story) so that I can continue to make them. I need for people to stop buying Halo and start buying Little King's Story? I just made a lot of enemies, didn't I?"

Probably, Kimura-san.

Little King's Story launched early last year to huge critical success but bombed at retail, according to reports. As of November 2009, the game had reportedly only sold 130,000 units worldwide.

Thanks, world.

Hmm maybe they should have gone with "Big-Breasted Destroyer's Story" in the states.

Well, I've just bought it because of the word of mouth (been too busy beforehand), so hope that helps him!

Sigh, this is why a monetary based economy sucks anus balls......

We need to buy more, to get quality......yeah............NO!

Just make a sequel because you WANT to:grin: The game was god and he knows it!

Sigh, this is why a monetary based economy sucks anus balls......

We need to buy more, to get quality......yeah............NO!

Just make a sequel because you WANT to:grin: The game was god and he knows it!

Sadly, like you said, we live in a monetary based economy, so if there's no money to be made with this type of game, it just won't happen. The people who make it still need to earn a living.

So sad if this won't get a sequel, it's such a nice game. =(

For anyone who knows any Americans, maybe we should start promoting this game to them. =P

For anyone who knows any Americans, maybe we should start promoting this game to them. =P
Maybe they should just go around rebranding the game LittleBurger King's Story.

That should shift a few units.