Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Gamecube games you thought would be good

There is a particular person here that actually said Metroid Prime and Soul Calibur II in the same post.... THE SAME PERSON!!! MY GOD THE HUMANITY!

Was that me? Lol, I got Soul Calibur for like a fiver new, so that lessens my disappointment with it. I only played it once or twice like, it just didn't seem to play as nicely as I'd hoped. It's handy for the odd two player button bash affair now and again... (mostly again!)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the biggest game i was looking forward to that was a disappointment was starfox assault.

i thought the idea of an on ground battle with an arwing would be fantastic but It seems i was wrong.

Was there any games you were looking forward to that eventually turned out bad?

bet you wish you never started this thread now:heh:

Yeah F-Zero GX... that sucks completely... yeah it sucks completely that people would dare name such a legendary game as a disappointment! The only thing I didn't like was the music, didn't have the same feel as other F-Zero's. Apart from that, the game is pure unadulterated class!

Yeah F-Zero GX... that sucks completely... yeah it sucks completely that people would dare name such a legendary game as a disappointment! The only thing I didn't like was the music, didn't have the same feel as other F-Zero's. Apart from that, the game is pure unadulterated class!

Which is always a good thing i believe.

I liked the music. Ok wasn't brilliant bUt was great for the racing game

Which is always a good thing i believe.

I liked the music. Ok wasn't brilliant bUt was great for the racing game

I think F-Zero music is class, I liked that there were some classic tunes still tucked away in there, but the whole dancey trancey thing didn't seem to work like the Snes music and then the guitar stuff on the N64. Its my only gripe with the game, cos I hold it to a high standard, and well, I do enjoy some good music when I'm playing stuff.

I still wouldn't name GX as a game I thought would be good but wasn't, don't get me wrong there! :heh:

My Cube disappointments were:

-Starfox Adventures: The reviews tricked me. They told me it had a Zelda feel. If it hasn't good side-quests and a secret-filled world, it doesn't have that feeling.

-Super Mario Sunshine: Once again, the reviews tricked me. Not as good as expected.

-Mario Kart: Double Dash!!: I expected better things from it. Especially from a Multiplayer standpoint. The reason I bought this game was because the Multiplayer in F-Zero wasn't that good.

-Mario Party 4: I expected it to be more frantic and whatnot. But since evrything is so slow, the fun quickly disappears.

-Baten Kaitos: I had just played Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia. This RPG didn't live up to those games. It's not bad, but it was a disappointment anyway.

-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: After so much time in development, I want to know why did this game felt so unpolished and poor in side-quests.

Donkey Kong Racing.

It was one of the main reasons I brought my cube... THEN IT WAS CANCELLED!

Couldn't Rare have finished it? Damn your timing, microsoft!

Couldn't Nintendo have finished it since it was there game?

Also I really wasn't expecting to see these 3 games in the thread:

Metroid Prime

Killer 7

and F-zero GX.

Geist. The concept was just so promising. But then it was a major disappointment. The game engine felt like it was only half-done.

And Mario Sunshine. I had hopes for a half-decent game that could be somewhat fun (I didn't expect anything amazing). But the game was just a chore to play.

Geist. The concept was just so promising. But then it was a major disappointment. The game engine felt like it was only half-done.

And Mario Sunshine. I had hopes for a half-decent game that could be somewhat fun (I didn't expect anything amazing). But the game was just a chore to play.

A chore. Thats the best way to explain it...Could actually have a point though, with the graffiti cleaning and all. :/

Tales of Symphonia. I just find it so godamn hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O_O I'm guessing you just never figured out the fight system very well. I enjoyed Tales but if anything found it too linear and finished it too quickly.

A game I thought would be good: Enter the Matrix. So very wrong.

I know, WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!?!

WindWaker is one of my favourite Zelda's! And I'd have thought Nintendo could have finished Donkey Kong Racing but they didn't :blank:

Gotta say Metroid Prime as well... also, Phantasy Star Online, i hoped the offline multiplayer would still be ok, I was wrong.

Ok If you think Wind waker is better than metroid prime I have lost respect for you:(.......It's a big deal really...no?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!