NEurope
Retro_Link

The first country has been taken!!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8345/1/Wii_Overtakes_Xbox_360_in_Germany

Nintendo Sales | Wii Overtakes Xbox 360 in Germany

With the Wii closing in on the Xbox 360's worldwide total of around 10 million already, news has filtered in that Nintendo's system has now overtaken Microsoft's platform in Germany!

First of all, here are the home current generation hardware numbers from tracker GfK for the month of July, 2007:

1.) Wii - 26,000

2.) PlayStation 3 - 8,000

3.) Xbox 360 - 5,000

And below are the lifetime sales for each of those three systems in Germany up to the end of July, 2007:

1.) Wii - 291,000

2.) Xbox 360 - 281,000

3.) PlayStation 3 - 99,500

Quite impressive, no doubt you will agree. It also seems that not only has the Xbox 360 stalled, though, but following a decent start in March, the PlayStation 3 is barely keeping ahead of Microsoft's console in the monthly sales figures.

This is such impressive stuff from the Wii!

*Plants Nintendo flag in Germany*

Yeah I read this on Gamefaqs, pretty good stuff. The 360 sales will shoot up though come Halo 3. Im also worried about the lack of Wii machines available now and especially christmas when the big games rush will start. Even more worried with the news about the shortages of chips that was on kotaku the other day.

To put a spin on a Matrix quote....

"You hear that Bill Gates? That is the sound of inevitability!"

It's a little hard to compare, as the Wii is aiming at a much larger market.

Yay, Matrix! :D

Well the console hardware base is pretty good right now - Nintendo did well to aim at a broader market with a smaller price than the competition. In the long term however we will see if casual gamers will put 60€ on the table as often as a hardcore gamer might do.

In the end it is all about games not the console....

*enter Iwata-San, Miyamoto-San and Reggie, pinky fingers held to mouths luaghing like Dr. Evil*

Great news! Well, apart from the fact that it probably means that half of the Leipzig conference will now be taken up talking about it.

Awesome, this is the kind of news I like to hear, although I think the 360 is a great system, it's about time the true kings were back on top!

ouch ps3. well we all saw it coming really.

Hahahaha!!!!

I saw the title and I knew what was coming!! Yeah I heard about this, and the broader market approach is really firing on all cylinders successfully!! Although the first country that was really taken was Japan.... but I guess we shouldn't include them ;).

BTW, Zelda_Rulez, I'm liking it ;)

Although the first country that was really taken was Japan.... but I guess we shouldn't include them ;).
Yeah, the poor 360 never even stood a chance!
ouch ps3. well we all saw it coming really.
I know! They've been out pretty much the same time frame and the Wii has around a 200,000 lead!

The Wii will have a world wide lead in a couple weeks if the trend continues. But Halo 3 could delay it for a bit. It's still inevitable though.

Germany is PC gaming land.

- 24.5 out of 73.4 million German citizens play PC games, while 7.3M prefer console games

- In the 14-29 group, over two-thirds of all Germans plays PC games

- In the 50-plus group, 19 percent say they're gamers.

- 30 percent of German households have a gaming console; 77 percent have a PC.

- Sales of PC games and consoles this year will increase 21 percent to $2.91 billion in U.S. dollars (compared to $2.3 billion in 2006).

Let's raise a glass to the first of many, this is going to be the start of a trend over the next few months it doesn't take a master analyst to predict that.

Took longer than i thought.

I don't really see how...with limited supplies of the console to all territories and 360 have its head start I think the Wii has done incredible to make up that many numbers like 7/8 months

Next target : The moon.

LMAO, Fresh

wii_win.gif

ROFLMFAO, genius.

wii_win.gif

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh that was good. :laughing:

I don't really see how...s

Because i expected it to take less time, that's how.

Took longer than i thought.

You're just trying to find something to moan about. 7/8 months and it's already passed the 360. It's pretty damn impressive.

Oh fuck off, i'm not moaning about jack. I'm just saying i thought it would take a little less time. If anything i'm being friendly to the Wii and its sales.