NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

Weren't PS3 and 360 owners saying exactly the same thing? :grin: At the very least it should be much more solid than the other next gen versions.

I've just been watching the Italy vs Brazil video, and as expected the commentary is dreadful. Clive Tyldesley sounds great on the FIFA commentary, but for some reason on PES he sounds really wooden and bored. Ah well, it wouldn't be PES if it didn't have a boring repetitious commentary track!

Regardless of over paid announcers, I'm definitely getting this in for Wii.

..hmm.. except it isn't Clive 'Rooooooooonneeyyy' *pulls his trousers down* Tyldesley in PES. It's Jon Champion with a sprinkling of Mark 'at the murrmeent' Lawrenson and, to be honest, I thought the commentary was quite decent in ISS2 with those two. Certainly much better than Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking- They were AWFUL! (Nothing beats the ISS64 commentary : peace:)

Anyway, really looking forward to the game.. will soon be time for me to preorder so I expect to be updated if people find cheap places to order it :heh:

At the muurrment it's looking like £29.99 at Gameplay..

..hmm.. except it isn't Clive 'Rooooooooonneeyyy' *pulls his trousers down* Tyldesley in PES. It's Jon Champion with a sprinkling of Mark 'at the murrmeent' Lawrenson and, to be honest, I thought the commentary was quite decent in ISS2 with those two. Certainly much better than Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking- They were AWFUL! (Nothing beats the ISS64 commentary : peace:)

Ooooh I see. I didn't realise it was Jon Champion. It's still not as good as the FIFA commentary though is it? It still sounds just as wooden as Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking to me. Though they do repeat phrases in FIFA, it's surprisingly varied and "live" sounding. Good commentary can definitely improve a sports game I reckon.

Interesting your point about the ISS64 commentary. That was actually a voice actor if I remember correctly, and not a footballing "expert". And you're right: it was a very successful commentary that really worked. Maybe they should look into using actors again instead of actual pundits.

In ISS 64 wasn't the commentary done by Tony Gubba? Who's expert skills are employed on Match of the Day...

Tony Gubba was ISS98, and it actually was pretty decent commentary aswell!

ISS64 was some unknown and it was all about the comedy! The commentator was so bad and dramatic that it made it fantastic! Some cracking phrases..

Fresh blood and whatnot was ISS 64 wasn't it?

My bad... who did the commentary in ISS 2000 then?

Chris James and Terry Butcher.. no hurry to have those two back :heh:

The commentary won't make or destroy the game, but some enthusiasm and well placed lines can enhance the experience a lot!

Weren't PS3 and 360 owners saying exactly the same thing? :grin: At the very least it should be much more solid than the other next gen versions.

Eheh, true. Actually, I think the Wii version looks better than the 360 and PS3 versions. The 360 and PS3 versions look very cartoon like, while the Wii and PS2 versions have a more realistic look to them.

Chris James and Terry Butcher.. no hurry to have those two back :heh:

The commentary won't make or destroy the game, but some enthusiasm and well placed lines can enhance the experience a lot!

You ever played PES1? LOL. Bad, just bad.

Eheh, true. Actually, I think the Wii version looks better than the 360 and PS3 versions. The 360 and PS3 versions look very cartoon like, while the Wii and PS2 versions have a more realistic look to them.

You ever played PES1? LOL. Bad, just bad.

I have played but never owned every Pro Evolution game since ISS Pro Evolution on the PS1. To be honest, Jon Champion and Lawro have been the best they have had yet so I'm glad they are on the current one.

Tony Gubba was ISS98, and it actually was pretty decent commentary aswell!

ISS64 was some unknown and it was all about the comedy! The commentator was so bad and dramatic that it made it fantastic! Some cracking phrases..

That's right. And it says something that the commentary on Konami's football titles has not come on one bit since Tony Gubba on ISS98. Oh sorry, we now have two commentators instead of the one.

I remember reading an interview in an N64 mag with the guy who did the voice over on ISS64, and it was quite revealing. He was discussing how video game voice overs should work, and revealed that the comedy was all quite intentional and done to ramp up the fun. It worked in my opinion. It was funny, but not silly. Then again, I might hear it now and and think "WTF??" :D

ISS 64 really was great.. and my first taste of ISS! 'He's hit it with his... right boot', 'Fresh blood is coming in', 'OH.. YELLOW CARD'.. and many more..

It does sound ridiculous, but brilliant and really helped make the game exciting!

ISS 64 really was great.. and my first taste of ISS! 'He's hit it with his... right boot', 'Fresh blood is coming in', 'OH.. YELLOW CARD'.. and many more..
:laughing: Yeah man, ISS 64 was legendary!

"Midfielder... makes the pass to... forward."

"He goes in hard!"

Comedy gold. :hehe:

Also had awesome menu and training music on that game, and I loved the bouncy faces on the condition screens too.

It does sound ridiculous, but brilliant and really helped make the game exciting!
In my opinion, nothing makes a game more exciting than Spanish commentary. Forget just plain old "Goal!" it's more like "Gol! Go go go go go go go gooooooooolllll! Gol! Gol! Gol! Gol!... Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllll!!!!" ect... :heh:

I hope PES Wii has the option for different commentary languages. ISS2 on the GCN did, so I'd be pretty disappointed if the Wii game didn't.

Have any of you played Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution on the Gamecube? Some of the Japanese commentary on that is brilliant!

Whenever you score you get some fantastic shouts of 'mmmmmmmmgoooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaallllll' or 'goal goal goal goal goal goal goal goal.. etc'.

Scoring a golden goal is great.. 'goooollddeeeennnn ggooooooaaaaaaaaallll'..

Have any of you played Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution on the Gamecube? Some of the Japanese commentary on that is brilliant!

Whenever you score you get some fantastic shouts of 'mmmmmmmmgoooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaallllll' or 'goal goal goal goal goal goal goal goal.. etc'.

Scoring a golden goal is great.. 'goooollddeeeennnn ggooooooaaaaaaaaallll'..

Thats what I love about Winning Eleven. Them chants in WE6:FE were funny.. I cant stand the english commentary in Pro Evo. It is better in Pro Evo 2008 but still not great.

Forget Winning Eleven 6FE, WE8LE was just amazing. :p I miss having that game. :( I gave a load of my old games to charity, which included all of my imported Winning Eleven games.

Forget Winning Eleven 6FE, WE8LE was just amazing. :p I miss having that game. :( I gave a load of my old games to charity, which included all of my imported Winning Eleven games.

Ah the last great effort from Seabass. WE8:LE is a great game. you are crazy getting rid of them man.

Mikey this should interest you..

http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/2008/02/editorial-day-with-david-rutter.html

Yes, Fifa looks great these days. They just need to fix the control while the ball is in the air, and it'd be awesome. I'm looking forward to how PES on Wii is going to turn out though.

The greatest piece of commentary in any football game is in ISS2, which me and my brother still quote to this very day.

"MAKA....LELE."

Just the way it's said, it's so fucking hilarious. Turn it on and see for yourself. :)

The greatest piece of commentary in any football game is in ISS2, which me and my brother still quote to this very day.

"MAKA....LELE."

Just the way it's said, it's so fucking hilarious. Turn it on and see for yourself. :)

I agree, my name is Mark Lee (not tapedeck!!!!) and I had this as my custom players name back in the day. Used to be so frickin' funny. Funny times indeed.

I sounded like a sexy french footballer. My mates even started calling me Maka LELE for a while. Funny times.

Infact PES 2008 (360/ps2/pc) feels so much like ISS2 it scares me.

Had a Pro Evo night with my mates tonight, had a right laugh but all the time I kept thinking "if this was the Wii I'd be making you make a run there and have you draw that defender away there" lol

Can't wait for this!

28th of March release date confirmed.

PAL box art:

wiipackshotjpgjpgcopybb6.jpg

And some new vids on the Japanese Wii site:

http://wii.com/jp/articles/wepm2008/

Not been able to watch them unfortunately, my PC seems to hate vids on that site. For some reason they only play for a few seconds and then stop for like a minute before playing again for another few seconds! :wtf:

Hopefully someone will YouTube 'em.

Can't wait to get some reviews on this; isn't it out in japan very soon? Come on Famitsu!!

Why Michael 'Sicknote' Owen?? With Ronaldo in the background?? Weird!!

And until they put Leicester City in a PES - Forget it!!!

It's ridiculous how a game based on the PS2 version can actually look more realistic than the 360 and PS3 versions.