NEurope
Helmsly

Wii Firmware update: 3.0U/E

If you really don't want to wait for the UK versions of games. Just buy a US Console and run it through a standard US-UK Voltage Converter. It's a simple plug, which allows you to run it without any modification to the machine. I have had this setup since I bought the console in November and there have been no problems. This is the way to go.

Yes, do this, because we know that everyone can afford a second Wii. We're all as rich as Maiky.

Yes, do this, because we know that everyone can afford a second Wii. We're all as rich as Maiky.

Maiky may mean for people to have just a US Wii. He is not inferring to have 2 Wiis. It is actually cheaper to buy a US Wii with US games, but don't you have to pay import tax?

Am really liking the new update. Especially USB keyboard support, makes sending messages a lot easier.

Maiky may mean for people to have just a US Wii. He is not inferring to have 2 Wiis. It is actually cheaper to buy a US Wii with US games, but don't you have to pay import tax?

I guess I would have done that if most of my GameCube-Games weren't Europe-Versions - and as I wanted to "dump" my GameCube (I don't need that many game consoles standing around)...

Am really liking the new update. Especially USB keyboard support, makes sending messages a lot easier.

What? And wait months for Wii Play, Mario Strikers, Heatseeker, Kororinpa and Mercury Meltdown?

I think the answer is for companies to stop being up there arses and making games region locked for the sake of more accurate sales figures (maybe I'm ignorant, but I can't see any other reason?), and give the fans the best service they can.

gonintendo are reporting that there's already another firmware update but this is a small one to fix a internet channel glitch.

This update will prevent your Wii console from locking up, which can occur when using the Internet Channel if you press RESET on either your Wii console or within the HOME Menu. This update also corrects some Internet connection stability issues when using the Wii LAN Adapter from Nintendo.

I'm not a Wii owner so can anyone check if its up for thr EU? thanks =)

gonintendo are reporting that there's already another firmware update but this is a small one to fix a internet channel glitch.

I'm not a Wii owner so can anyone check if its up for thr EU? thanks =)

Yes it's true. From when I asked here and elsewhere most people weren't having this problem with resetting the Internet channel, but I was. Before you ask, it hasn't added keyboard support for Opera.

Yeah, I got all excited when I saw the blue light this morning, and then when I saw it was from Nintendo. Weird that they bothered telling us about this fairly useless update, but didn't do the same for last week's one.

I wonder when the will finally remove that unnecessary message that you have now the possibility to add age restrictions (or however this is called in English)...

I mean I get this message again after every update although it was already included with one of the first updates...

I got the small update this morning, the weird thing is after I updated then used the browser it crashed on the Nintendo UK homepage for the first time:(

I wonder when the will finally remove that unnecessary message that you have now the possibility to add age restrictions (or however this is called in English)...

I mean I get this message again after every update although it was already included with one of the first updates...

Its not there saying "Parental Controls available from this update!" it's saying "Remember, there are parental controls"

Just a small bugfix it seems. I wonder if they added keyboard support to the Internet Channel as they fixed something else in there. Probably not though.

Just a small bugfix it seems. I wonder if they added keyboard support to the Internet Channel as they fixed something else in there. Probably not though.

Unfortunatly not.

Yes it's true. From when I asked here and elsewhere most people weren't having this problem with resetting the Internet channel, but I was. Before you ask, it hasn't added keyboard support for Opera.

Its not there saying "Parental Controls available from this update!" it's saying "Remember, there are parental controls"

Well... Not in German :)

Got home today from work to find a message from Nintendo for the small internet channel bug fix, funny how they sent a message for this one and didn't bother with the other one last week.

This update is so crap now i cant play gekitou ninja taisen game which i imported from japan. Nintendo have basically made my £40 a total waste of money.

So you say that he/she should buy a Japanese Wii to play a game that worked perfectly well before (and even if it didn't work, buying a Japanese Wii for currently one game is completely nonsense)... Furthermore, he/she might want to get US-Games too (if he doesn't have already), so therefore he/she would need a third one..?

But if you have that much not needed money: Would you mind transfering it on my bank account so I could buy two other Wiis from different regions..? Although I still wouldn't like it because then I have three consoles standing there, where one should be enough...

(That was the reason why I don't use my GameCube anymore but only the Wii for it.)

you all should just buy an imported console. its easy and in the end its stil cheap.

Not when I get 25% off games anyway :p

This update is so crap now i cant play gekitou ninja taisen game which i imported from japan. Nintendo have basically made my £40 a total waste of money.

Tough luck. Do you have Gamecube? :blank: