N-Europe

Life and Death

Razz

Today my dad came in from work at 9.30am which surprised me as he was 8 hours early. I sensed something was wrong and so it turns out my uncle's car crashed last night in france which resulted in the death of my 13 month old cousin. The whole family is totally distraught, as one could expect at the terrible loss of such a young life. She was a beautiful baby girl and I for one am going to miss her so much.

I went into town at around 2 to go into the church (I'm not exactly religious, but it's quiet and peaceful) and I lit a candle for her. Walking thorugh the streets it just struck me how my life, and my family's life has just been horrificly damaged yet the world goes on as if nothing happened. And although I'm never going to see such a beautiful baby girl ever again, it sort of gave me a warm hope that things will always carry on.

So have any of you guys had similar realisations or experiences? I'd be interested to see other's points of view on the situation, and sorry if this is depressing, it's just I needed to vent my loss.

First off, sorry to hear about your loss. That is truely awful.

But I was thinking about similar things recently. I think I'm not worried about death per say, but about getting older and becoming less and less independent. My grandad was recently admitted to hospital and he is pretty much incapacitated and I was thinking about it. We have never been that close (he is too 'old generation' while im 'new generation' so we have different opinions) but to think he was in the war and now hes lay in a hopsital bed slowly dying. That what scares me, how age sucks the life out of you.

And yet it doesn't make me wish to "burn out" because, to paraphrase from Nip/Tuck; aging is a curse so few get to experience.

Sorry to hear mate of the heartache and loss you and your family is suffering right now.

My Cousin Died at a very young age, she had many diseases and conditions, cancer, meningitis being some of them...

She had a tumour in her brain which eventually saw the end of her life..

60 Operations on her brain, stomach, spine over 6 Years was just too much for her and she died on the operating table..

Times like these, you got to put things in perspective, keep strong..

Words fail me in times such as this...

Thanks for the perspective you guys, and I'm really sorry to hear about your cousin. I think I'm still a little shocked and that maybe it hasn't sunk in properly yet. I just can't imagine her gone. It's terrible, but reminds us how indiscriminate death is and puts us in our place as humans I guess.

Thanks for the perspective you guys, and I'm really sorry to hear about your cousin. I think I'm still a little shocked and that maybe it hasn't sunk in properly yet. I just can't imagine her gone. It's terrible, but reminds us how indiscriminate death is and puts us in our place as humans I guess.

I know it's easy for me to say it mate, but you really got to try and keep focussed on your day to day life...

You cannot allow yourself become victim to depression to something you cannot help, or something thats happend..

Keep Strong Mate

wow, im really sorry mate, its never easy to accept death, especialy when its so soon and un expected.

life is fragile, and one life interlocks with many, when some one goes it affects every one around, ripples in a pond. but the world keeps turning, and i think thats one of the reasons life can go on. i can't even begin to imagine how you or your family must feel, let alone the pain of her parents.

if my cousins baby died id be crushed, he was the first bay i really held and it was impossible not to fall in love with him. i guess you felt the same about her.

i guess i have the veiw that would equate to terrible stuff happens, things happen in life, stuff you can't fight or controle, shatter your life and make you pick up the peices. but then time is the greatest medicine, the pain subsides and your left with the good times in your memory.

i kinda get what you mean eevilmurray, its a weird reaction, some people laugh when they get bad news, when my grandad died i felt relife, he;d been suffering for years since my nana passed away and i just thought he might finaly be at peace.

all you can ever do is stay strong, and remeber your life isn't over, you have to come to terms with it.

Im very sorry to hear of your loss.

Earlier this year in the space of 2 weeks one of my best mates died who was 23 and then my cousin (and godfather) was killed who was 38.

Sure as hell has made me look at life a lot differently. I used to worry and moan about a lot of silly things which now just seem so pointless.

Life is too short.

Sorry to hear about your loss, dude.

As far as death goes, last year I lost my neighbour, who was pretty much a member of the family anyway. And growing up, I lost my kid sister when I was 4, so that kinda frustrates me sometimes because I would never be able to see her grow up and all that.

It's not too bad, I guess, not compared to some of the losses other people have had. The downside is that I live with my grandparents, and they ain't getting younger, so it's pretty much only a matter of time before I get a dreaded phone call or I hear that one day they're not going to be there anymore.

Thank you everyone for the support, it's comforting.

I broke into silent tears at work today, it was well needed and due, so I just let it happen. I went to work to keep my mind off it, aswell as to stick to routine.

Details emerged today also, and it only made things worse for me, and we also had to tell my sister who just arrived back in England today. However I'm feeling better and am trying to be optimistic.

Thanks all again.