N-Europe

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

Choze

Demo on the japanese PSN store. It is targeted at japanese users, Suzuka Raceway as featured track. Euro demo out later Novemberish i imagine.

How to make a Japanese PSN account:

http://www.japanesepsn.com/

Video: http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/movie/d1109.html

Coinciding with the 40th Tokyo Motor Show a free trial version of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is made available for free on the Japanese PlayStation Store. Over the course of the show live reports and motorsport related news will be delivered to players via GT TV and the news ticker displayed on the player’s My Page.

VEHICLES

‘08 Lexus IS-F

‘09 Nissan GT-R (GT-R will become "unmasked" during motorshow)

‘08 Mazda Atenza

‘08 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

‘08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR

‘08 Daihatsu OFC-1

‘09 BMW 135i Coupe

Between October 23rd–25th new cars will be unveiled coinciding with their respective presentations at the Motor Show.

CIRCUITS

Suzuka Circuit

PLAYING MODE

• Single race mode only with 16 cars simultaneously on track

The makers of GT, Polyphony Digitial were contracted by Nissan to design the multifunction display in the new GT-R

ah0012a.jpg

56481420070727_120240_9_big.jpg

56481420070727_120236_0_big.jpg

56481420070727_120244_18_big.jpg

56481420070727_120236_2_big.jpg

56481420070727_120622_11_big.jpg

56481420070727_120618_4_big.jpg

56481420070727_120241_12_big.jpg

56481420070727_120237_4_big.jpg

56481420070727_120621_10_big.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 cars addition > weather addition :grin:

Bear in mind the tracks here are placeholder for demonstrations. The high quality tracks will be showcased later. The london GT5 Prologue teaser are the type of buildings quality you should expect.

• 2 months later...

Ok the demo is up been playing afew hours. The game is amazing. Definately car fans are going to be loving this. Music is killer too i hope we dont get cheesy rock crap in Europe. :heh: Graphics are stunning on my 1080p panel. While driving you can see details inside the other cars and the shadows moving about realistically. Cockpit view compared to other next gen racers are perfectly detailed. Clearly well above the competition.

Unlike GTHD's more scenic track, this one is serious and more interesting interms of mastering. 16 cars on screen makes the races alot more interesting. Alot of overtaking to do and Suzuka makes this hard.

All in all its super impressive. Like other GT before it makes you wonder how they squeeze so much from the machine compared to everyone. 16 cars and 1080p (1920 x 1080)? get outa here! but they pulled it off :o Presentation is flawless, so many little details that other games ignore.

The other thing is it shows this game is made by car enthusiasts through and through. The timing and linking of content with the Tokyo Motor Show is a perfect example of Polyphony going the extra mile and adding to the game and experience. Other developers wouldnt really think this way and thats partly what makes the GT series special.

Ingame:

ruliweb_gt5_25.jpg

ruliweb_gt5_21.jpg

ruliweb_gt5_42.jpg

ruliweb_gt5_34.jpg

ruliweb_gt5_27.jpg

ruliweb_gt5_48.jpg

ruliweb_gt5_17.jpg

Is the A.I. still shitty like in GT4. do they still follow the scripted racing line? do they move around you instead of bumping the rear of your car?

update. Just spoke to my friend who has a PS3 and has downloaded it. he says A.I is still the same as it has always been meaning they still follow the racing line etc.

Honestly PD care more about how good the cars look and how we can drive 500+ cars. they don't know how to create realistic A.I.

Is the A.I. still shitty like in GT4. do they still follow the scripted racing line? do they move around you instead of bumping the rear of your car?

update. Just spoke to my friend who has a PS3 and has downloaded it. he says A.I is still the same as it has always been meaning they still follow the racing line etc.

Honestly PD care more about how good the cars look and how we can drive 500+ cars. they don't know how to create realistic A.I.

that i can categoricaly say is false. The AI is completely new and beyond AI in any other racer. The train track AI is now fully gone and cars will make their own mistakes and they will drive independantly of each other :)

as a test i drove wrong way and some cars bump into you and others dodge you. Its quite different from the other GT where they follow a strict line and dont think. Also they can overtake more effectively and sometimes its funny watching them mess up trying to overtake each other.

As a demo i have to say this probably my favourite and most played demo beating games like Unreal Tournament 1 and Battlefield 2 demos in playtime.

Its amazing, i dont think i have ever played a game that goes beyond the competition as much as GT5P does the past 5-10 years or so. :smile: and this is just a demo of a demo.

I think this is going to be my favourite game.