Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Online Risk!

The fish

Ok folks, here's the deal: It's Risk, but free and online!

It also has the handy addition of maps other than just the classic one.

It's approaching Advance Wars levels of addictiveness, and is great fun.

Post your username on it, and I'll play (and, all going to plan, eliminate) you.

Mine is willbxtn.

OMG! This literally is teh best thing ever by the looks of it thankyou fish. Can we get some uber N europe game going then with this room declaring alliances and teh such? This could be so sweet! The different maps rock so much.

Now, online diplomacy, that would be awesome.

Ah actually diplomacy would be so much better isnt there a version of it? Cmon google help me out.

Ah damn all the game versions seem to be unable to be dld :/

I thought this thread was going to be about the dangers of fraud on the internet, which was a bit creepy because I just had a big argument with my mum, who was demanding that I was going to lose all my money to conmen because I put my email address on my facebook page.

Err, on topic... I never knew how to play Risk. Looks complicated. Can't we play online pictionary instead?

Hmm...I've never ever played Diplomacy, but I'll give it a go at some point. If we play each other, go easy on me. :wink:

We should start a Risk game at some point too, the Canada and Europe maps are especially good, as well as the good old Classic.

Diplomacy is a really really interesting game one that I love so much as I love 19th century and early 20th diplomatic history as im a geek for taht period lol. Its basically all about diplomacy lol I guess thats obvious but basically all the backstabbing and negotations etc is absolutley classic fun.

Diplomacy is a really really interesting game one that I love so much as I love 19th century and early 20th diplomatic history as im a geek for taht period lol. Its basically all about diplomacy lol I guess thats obvious but basically all the backstabbing and negotations etc is absolutley classic fun.

Sounds like fun, I'll give it a go.

we should organise a forum diplomacy game. 7 players will be easy enough to find, only problem is that it usually takes a fair while 3-4 hours. (depending on turn length, but longer is always better, more plotting). I'm free constantly for the next 2 months :P

EDIT: I will read above posts eventually.

I don't know the rules, but what the hell.

I'd be up for it.

Wikipedia reference-linkRisk (game)

Risk is a turn-based game for two to six players, and is played on a board depicting a stylised Napoleonic-era political map of the Earth, divided into forty-two territories, which are grouped into six continents. Players control armies, with which they attempt to capture territories from other players. The goal of the game is to control all the territories—or "conquer the world"—through the elimination of the other players. Using area movement, Risk ignores realistic limitations, such as the vast size of the world, and the logistics of long campaigns. Compared to other military board games, Risk is relatively simple and abstract.