Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil 5

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just amazed anyone gives a shit about the plots in these games at all.

What they should do is just plonk you somewhere with a massive neon sign saying 'ZOMBIES OVER THIS WAY that points in the right direction and let you get on with it.

Resi 2's story was pretty awesome.

I certainly didn't play it for the controls. :heh:

It would be interesting to see if Capcom could somehow work Alice into the games. They're going down the same plot line.

No offence, but no, no and NO!! Seriousy, I can't stand the live action RE movies, they have pretty much bugger all to do with the games. Tying them together would just pollute the games with the shitness of the movies tbh...

No offence, but no, no and NO!! Seriousy, I can't stand the live action RE movies, they have pretty much bugger all to do with the games. Tying them together would just pollute the games with the shitness of the movies tbh...

I found that, if you just erased all memories of the games' story, and kept your eyes on mila jovovich's face most of the time, your enjoyment of the films would increase exponentially.

I found that, if you just erased all memories of the games' story, and kept your eyes on mila jovovich's face most of the time, your enjoyment of the films would increase exponentially.

not necicarily her face....

the films have a sort of so bad its funny quality.

they could actualy make a decent movie out of resi 4. maybe.

Tying them together would just pollute the games with the shitness of the movies tbh...

They have been tying them together. Umbrella Chronicles had the Red and White Queen, and a major part of the new game

is about Wesker using the T-virus correctly to create super-humans, which is exactly what he does in the movies with Project Alice.

They have been tying them together. Umbrella Chronicles had the Red and White Queen, and a major part of the new game
is about Wesker using the T-virus correctly to create super-humans, which is exactly what he does in the movies with Project Alice.

Eh the T-virus dont make superhumans.

Yeah, I just meant not knowing who Ada, Wesker and Krauser were, doesn't really effect Resi 4, as it's Krausers first game and Wesker isn't in the main story.

Where as Resi 5 seems to be more series history based. Wesker and Chris have a lot of history over the series, Chris and Jill are partners throughout the series, then there's the T-Virus, Spencer etc... all of which will mean a lot more if you've played/know about the series.

Yeah, I just meant not knowing who Ada, Wesker and Krauser were, doesn't really effect Resi 4, as it's Krausers first game and Wesker isn't in the main story.

Where as Resi 5 seems to be more series history based. Wesker and Chris have a lot of history over the series, Chris and Jill are partners throughout the series, then there's the T-Virus, Spencer etc... all of which will mean a lot more if you've played/know about the series.

Who the hell is spencer. Feel like im missing alot as the games I havent played are 1 and code veronica. 1 was before my time a bit and veronica felt very old hat compared to resi 3 (which was actually too easy because of the new at that time dodging mechanic they had implemented. Made it loads of fun and would happily play a remake of this one again as it's my fave after 4.)

The story in the RE games isn't easy to grasp. But I do love trying to understand it :) I think I got most of it figured out.

Gonna do a Resi 0-4 (+veronica) marathon with a friend before 5 comes :)

I do love the Remakes on Gamecube :) WAY ahead of their time, and still amazing graphics. Gonna be good playing them on a big tv and with component cables :)

Who the hell is spencer. Feel like im missing alot as the games I havent played are 1 and code veronica. 1 was before my time a bit and veronica felt very old hat compared to resi 3 (which was actually too easy because of the new at that time dodging mechanic they had implemented. Made it loads of fun and would happily play a remake of this one again as it's my fave after 4.)

Read these:

History of Umbrella

Wesker's Report

RE Zero

RE 1

RE 2

RE 3

RE: Survivor

RE CV/CVX

RE 4

It annoys me how they are doing that tbh. Though the connections seem quite loose, with Capcom doing in thier own way, so it's not all bad. Oh, and that Wesker thing just sounds wrong, I agree with Dante, it doesn't make super-humans.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!