N-Europe

Resident Evil 5

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japan is 'last big market' for foreign studios, says Takeuchi

Jun Takeuchi, producer of Resident Evil 5, has admitted that he is 'worried' about the impact Western developers will have in Japan this year.

When asked by Famitsu what he thought 2009 would bring, Takeuchi said: "I'm worried about the movements of Western developers. Japan is now their target - it's the last big marketplace. The truth is that Western studios are making great games, and they're going to continue to do so next year too.

But Takeuchi also has hopes for an improvement in Japan's domestic games market: "It's not good if Japanese developers are making games that can't be enjoyed by Japanese people.

I hope that 2009 is a year where developers - not just Capcom, but other makers too - can have big hits that improve the Japanese games industry as a whole.

"2009 will also see Resident Evil 5 finally released, and it'll also then see us on to our next step. We haven't shown what Capcom has in store for 2009 yet, so I hope we can surprise you all soon."

www.developmag.com

I hope that 2009 is a year where developers - not just Capcom, but other makers too - can have big hits that improve the Japanese games industry as a whole.

"2009 will also see Resident Evil 5 finally released, and it'll also then see us on to our next step. We haven't shown what Capcom has in store for 2009 yet, so I hope we can surprise you all soon."

www.developmag.com

Give me Monster Hunter on my 360! Come on Capcom, you know it makes sense :)

Give me Monster Hunter on my 360! Come on Capcom, you know it makes sense :)

My wishes:

REmake 2 with update REmake engine.

REmake 3 with update REmake engine.

Capcom vs Sega vs Nintendo

Capcom vs Marvel 3

Dead Rising 2

RE: Outbreak 3

RE: Outbreak 1 and 2 Wii

P.N. 03 HD Remix

Megaman Powered Up on XBLA/PSN/WiiWare

My wishes:

Capcom vs Marvel 3

Dead Rising 2

P.N. 03 HD Remix

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 would be godly.

I was quite the fan of Resident Evil Outbreak 2 when it came out on the PS2, especially the online part of it even if it was flawed. I would love a 3rd game just as long as they let you talk to other players so you can actually sort out a decent strategy.

My wishes:

Capcom vs Marvel 3

Dead Rising 2

P.N. 03 HD Remix

That'd be damn awesome! They've hinted at a REmake 2, so here's hoping...

Some small differences. Cant really say if they will hold up at release or not since its a demo and its hardly doing anything for a PS3 game. Using component cables on PS3 is a no no though and this persons dumb sharpness argument is coming from that mistake ironically. The question is how much softness is caused by the cables or the game or the video capture?

At Eurogamer expo the game looked nicer on the PS3 because they were demoing on Sony Bravias in comparison to Samsungs for the 360. Seemed like the same game though from my hands on. But that could have been an even older build? Lets see how it turns out.

Okami 2

Viewtiful Joe 3

But now we're just going way off topic.

Wouldn't you rather have a REmake 2+3 with Resi 4/5 controls?

Would that even work though given the layout of Resi 2/3?

Surely an over the sholder view set in nothing but corridors/streets/alleyways would make the game rediculously easy as the zombies would just line up!

Though they could increase the numbers I suppose.

It works in Resi 4/5 because a lot of the level design is open, so they can come at you from all angles.

Well, there's this version here that I ordered for PS3: http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/Horror/~r339141/Resident-Evil-5-Limited-Edition-Steelbook/

However, when I use the search option on the site, it doesn't appear in the list. So maybe there's limited stock? Either way, it's still there. Whatever it contains is still a mystery though.

EDIT: Ah, just seen this; "Product temporarily removed from sale." It'll probably be available to order again soon. I'm sure a special edition, and its contents, will be revealed soon for UK/Europe.

Well, there's this version here that I ordered for PS3: http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/Horror/~r339141/Resident-Evil-5-Limited-Edition-Steelbook/

However, when I use the search option on the site, it doesn't appear in the list. So maybe there's limited stock? Either way, it's still there. Whatever it contains is still a mystery though.

EDIT: Ah, just seen this; "Product temporarily removed from sale." It'll probably be available to order again soon. I'm sure a special edition, and its contents, will be revealed soon for UK/Europe.

mmmmm! doesn't say too much about it's contents. Don't think i'll pre order yet, i think youre right, they should be revealing a special edition soon so i'll wait to see if it's worth getting the special edition or not. Cheers

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!