NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 5 site updated

Capcom has just opened the interactive borders of Kijuju with the launch of http://www.residentevil.com/kijuju . This section of the official RE5 website will be home to unique content, not available elsewhere, including reward based content for sharing Kijuju’s secrets. Initially some content may only be accessible with a password.

and you can watch a new video featuring *real* actors by clicking the "1" on the page. Its titled "Ceremony" and if the caption is to be believed, its set after the kijuju event (ie RE5).

if it asks for a password enter "refinery" without the quotes, sometimes it doesn't ask for passwords for some reason ..

more content will be unlocked as its shared more, or something like that.

some of the random scribblings on the page ..

Kijuju

Wesker is a liar!

Progenitor Virus

Where is Ozwell

Flashbacks can't stop them

Las Plagas

Uroboros

pg67a/w

Sheva knew

they are they are they are

they are in Kijuju

Seashell is evil

The Kennedy Report

Raccoon City wasn't the end

Majini

350ouvm.jpg

Played the demo, and being the first time playing a HD game with that kind of graphics (on a console)... it did nothing to me.

Yeah saw some of that in the video earlier. That boss looks like a mess, don't like how you can't distinguish anything on it!

It also looks like another borrow from Resi 4, closely resembling the 'IT' boss, only with added flying scenario!

Yeah saw some of that in the video earlier. That boss looks like a mess, don't like how you can't distinguish anything on it!

It also looks like another borrow from Resi 4, closely resembling the 'IT' boss, only with added flying scenario!

Yup! Resi Zero bat + Resi 4 It = that

First impressions of the demo were better than i expected after some of the nagative feedback on here & my own high expectations of this game but i was a little underwhelmed, i think i expected too much but it is only a demo of 2 areas not the whole game. I agree with some of the negatives i.e aiming is bad in the bright sunlight, having Sheva with me the whole game, especially if she says '' Roger '' throughout everytime we converse etc.

Control wise it is a lot like previous Resi's except for the inventory, i got decapped whilst in previous resi mode thinking i could take my time picking a suitable weapon lol but i'm hoping it adds to the tension in the full game & tbh, there are quiet areas where you can take your time sorting your inventory out (and Sheva's)

On the whole i'm still looking forward to this game very much, i did enjoy the demo more after a few playthroughs & i think more strategy & quick thinking is needed in this resi due to the on the fly inventory & sharing items between chris & Sheva.

I personally really enjoyed the demo. I only had a short play, and I found the first level pretty difficult (never actually managed it, kept getting axed!) and played the second level on co-op, which was a lot of fun, although they give you a tiny screen! On my 27" HDTV we were reduced to about 10" long screens each... but the co-op mechanics were interesting... then j7 got chainsawed....

Anyway, yeah, I found it fun, the on-the-fly inventory was fine, even if I will miss the big cases of guns and grenades. You can switch to shotgun with d-pad left in an instant so what's to complain about? The way I switched between pistol and a shotty on my back felt a bit like Mass Effect.

I loved, loved Resi 4, enough that I completed it more than any other game, until I could finish the whole thing easily in about an hour. I'm really looking forward to this game, and feel as though all we've seen in this demo is a lil taste of what's to come, like the village from the beginning of Resi 4.

I do hope there are parts that you do solo, however. Co-op is fine, but it's not exactly the alone-in-the-dark feel when you're not alone... is it? :/

Have microsoft blocked the jap demo even on disc somehow?? I tried it last night & it wouldn't play, not had a problem before.

Yep. Was announced earlier today that they have done as such. The jist of the announcement said that they are blocking people from being able to play co-op. Don't know whether that simple refers to the playing of this or to the playing of all co-op games, but I believe it to be the former.

Ta for reply, how arsey of them!! Tried another copy & it didn't work, luckilly we have another xbox in the house that isn't online so should be able to still play it.

Man... everything is so SHINNNNNY! Look at the blood from the poor crocodile lol, its like metallic fluid or something. This isn't 'realism' any more... Its something else.

Why is this game still not available for Japanese silver accounts? >.<

wait a minute... *remembers his 360 is on its way to a repair centre*

oh yeah :/ nevermind.

"OMG Resident Evil is so awesome; it redefines everything" (directed by Mikami)

"But Resident Evil 2 plays like Resident Evil"

"But Resident Evil 3 plays like Resident Evil "

"But Resident Evil Code Veronica plays like Resident Evil"

"But Resident Evil: Remake plays like Resident Evil" (directed by Mikami)

"But Resident Evil Ø plays like Resident Evil"

"OMG Resident Evil 4 is so awesome; it redefines everything" (directed by Mikami)

"But Resident Evil 5 plays like Resident Evil 4"

So we could be in for a long haul of sequels before we see Mikami step in and redefine the franchise by slightly altering the control scheme and shifting the camera more.

no one has moan before about re series being the same but it has started now

Exactly, what's wrong with it being the same? Tomb Raider 2 was more of the same, THPS2 was more of the same, Resident Evil 2 was more of the same. Yes it has the same basic gameplay mechanics, what's wrong with that, when RE4 was a really amazing game? Maybe its just me but the fact that it feels and plays like a modern RE4 has pretty much made this my most anticipated game....

Exactly Shorty, i honestly don't get how RE5 is getting so much bad press form people.

Exactly, what's wrong with it being the same? Tomb Raider 2 was more of the same, THPS2 was more of the same, Resident Evil 2 was more of the same. Yes it has the same basic gameplay mechanics, what's wrong with that, when RE4 was a really amazing game? Maybe its just me but the fact that it feels and plays like a modern RE4 has pretty much made this my most anticipated game....
I don't care if the gameplay is the same, RE4 was awesome! It would bother me however if the game is the same! with recycled bosses/locations/set pieces etc...

So looking forward to this especially after playing through the demo a few times. Resi 4 is my most played game ever.

Huh? I thought the demo was too different. It's RE4 with all the horror and difficulty aspects taken out...