NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Hopefully Mikami comes back or something. Still day 1 but i wanted more.

The Okami, Viewtiful Joe and DMC guy (Kamiya) is making Bayoneta. Which i am looking forward to. Should be good as DMC4 was quite stale in comparison to 3.

Yeah Bayonetta has caught me eye. He only worked on the 1st DMC didnt he? If so it probably explains why I liked that one the best.

Still day 1 but i wanted more.
Yep agreed!

There's nothing on Bayonetta though is there other than that 30 sec trailer?

I have to say, it is all looking WAY too similar to Resi 4!

That's like complaining that a girl looks too much like Jessica Alba.

Yeah but if you've had sex with Jessica Alba loads and loads of times its bound to get a little familiar and leave a feeling of meh :)

Yeah but it's not though is it!!

Lots of pretty lasses, that's fine, but loads of identical gameplay experiences? no thanks!

I'm not really looking to play through Resi 4 again in a new setting! We've had the awesomeness of Resi 4, so they should be moving on with things.

Yeah but if you've had sex with Jessica Alba loads and loads of times its bound to get a little familiar and leave a feeling of meh :)
haha, exactly!

I just hope they bring the storyline back together with this one as R Evil 4 felt far too detached from the rest of the series.

I just hope they bring the storyline back together with this one as R Evil 4 felt far too detached from the rest of the series.
I'm not so sure anymore.

We'll get more Wesker [sorry but getting a little boring!] because it's Chris, and we'll probably get virus origin info [because of the leeches], which is where I think the flashbacks will tie in...

But as for other character info...

IGN: There are quite a number of Resident Evil characters that could have joined Chris Redfield. Why create a new character and not just use someone gamers are already familiar with?

Takeuchi: There was a long list of characters that came up as candidates. Every one of them had strong enthusiasts amongst the team. Satisfying all of them would require us to line up all the characters and create a variety of stories corresponding to each of them. It was just impossible to create such a volume of work, and that would also make it difficult to establish the story line we had planned. Additionally, staging within a new location required us to bring in a local guide, one who is familiar with the region. All of these factors convinced us to use a brand-new character

Sounds like they can't be arsed with creating an enveloping character story, so each game is now what it is!

I think that explaination is kinda crap, I mean they could have just had it so that Rebecca or Billy had been posted out in Africa for the past few years [since Umbrella was taken down and this new organisation set up], and is the African operative.

I seriously doubt that.

I seriously doubt that.

Well considering that I dont rate her in the first place I know I would :heh:

Capcom has revealed some very interesting details about Resident Evil 5 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in its latest press release. Capcom wants to sell 2.3 million units of Resident Evil 5. "In addition to developing tools, we have also strengthened our game development structure. As more than 400 people including company employees and outside contractors are working on this particular title, we have reorganized the structure to assign appropriate human resources, manage development process and offer mental health care to staff in order to ensure smooth operation. Our belief while developing Resident Evil 5 was that no detail was too small when it came to graphics.". Capcom went to Africa to improve Resident Evil 5 graphics, "Our staff visited Africa, a new backdrop in the series, to experience the real Africa where the contrast between light and the darkness is stunning.". Capcom has also announced that Resident Evil series sold 34.5 million units worldwide.

new scans

biohazard5ji0.jpg

biohazard52ps9.jpg

Co-op Resident Evil 5 is all set for its playable debut in a couple of weeks at the Tokyo Game Show, but ahead of the big Japanese gaming event, Famitsu managed to get a few new details.

The magazine got the word on a couple of new characters. Joining the growing cast are Albert Wesker and Excella Gionne. Wesker should be recognized by any Resident Evil fan as the former captain of S.T.A.R.S. Excella is a new comer. A family member of the founder of the TriCell Pharmaceutical Company, she runs the company's African branch. She's aligned with Wesker, which of course makes her evil.

Also included in the magazine are just a couple of details on the the co-op mode. First announced at E3, players will be able to enjoy the Resident Evil 5 story mode online with another player. Teamwork appears to be the key here, with Famitsu noting that if one player should die, the game will come to an end for both players.

Closing up, the magazine offers a look at some of the new creatures that Chris and Sheva will face off against. One group of particularly large creatures flies about, looking like a cross between a bat and a spider. One scene shows the creatures unleashing a sticky web-like goo which appears to immobilize Sheva. Another scene shows the creatures destroying a helicopter.

Resident Evil 5 will be playing a big role in Capcom's Tokyo Game Show plans in a couple of weeks, so be sure and check back for more.

Cheers for the updates Dante. anybody know what/if there are any differences between the 360 / ps3 versions & what's the latest release date?

Cheers for the updates Dante. anybody know what/if there are any differences between the 360 / ps3 versions & what's the latest release date?

People dont know which version is better yet and the release dates are;

european release date : 03/13/2009

us release date : 03/13/2009

japanese release date : 03/12/2009

New scans

attachmentcu5.th.jpgthpix.gif attachmentnf4.th.jpgthpix.gif attachmentxc6.th.jpgthpix.gif attachmentfe3.th.jpgthpix.gif attachmentwj8.th.jpgthpix.gif

attachmentia2.th.jpgthpix.gif attachmentsa2.th.jpgthpix.gif attachmentug3.th.jpgthpix.gif attachmentyu3.th.jpgthpix.gif

"The previous ten years of Chris's life is something that will be very important in the story of Resident Evil 5"

It was difficult to make an RE4-like game without sticking close to the formula, but the teams thinks they have introduced enough new elements into the game to set it apart

"I had the idea for the online modes when I was working as the producer on Lost Planet...Once we got it up and running...the concept was green lit almost immediately"

Every single location was created with teamwork in mind

A demo is coming early next year!!!!

Players will be injured enough to where it restricts their movement and their ability to fight back. When this happens, the coop player must inject a "life-saving serum" before they succumb to an instant kill by an enemy

A "locate player" button is instituted, which will focus your camera on the coop partner

Another way to locate a player is by bringing up a small real-time map

As shown in gameplay demos, the inventory is back to the original format, rather than Leon's briefcase

The axe-man will sometimes grab and choke the life out of you, requiring intervention from your partner to stop him

Resident Evil 5's early prototypes were scrapped fewer times than RE4 (which famously had Devil May Cry spun off of one of the early versions), totaling fewer than 4 times

One of the versions had zombies, but it was not fun to fight slow zombies

It has been over 3 years since that version was scrapped, but basic animations for zombies were completed. After watching the trials for this version, they knew it wasn't right

The other versions they created had great ideas, but the combat element never really came together to make a fun experience

"We want to continue the story...mentioned in Code Veronica, that Africa is the origin of the virus"

Early reports indicated that the African heat would cause hallucinations and dehydration, but Takecuchi confirms that this was a mis-translation from an interview, since the Japanese word for heat and light are very similar

Excella Gionne is the CEO of a pharmaceutical company and is secretly conspiring with Wesker

The new control scheme is OPTIONAL and has been named "D-Type Controls". They allow you to strafe left or right, and manipulate the camera (and aiming) with the right stick. The left trigger is aim button, and the right trigger is shoot. You wont be able to move while shooting. The changes were a late addition.

One of the reasons it was implemented was because of the flood of "new" fans which were brought to the franchise from the Resident Evil movies

Several BOW's from the pre-RE4 era will return!

Wesker may get involved directly this time, given his history with Chris

Players dis-like of Ashley led the team to create the capable partner of Sheeva

Masachika Kawata admits that the story of 4 was not as good, but he says 5's should keep you hooked from beginning to end

new screens

857_0001.jpg

857_0002.jpg

857_0003.jpg

857_0004.jpg

857_0005.jpg

857_0006.jpg

857_0007.jpg

857_0008.jpg

857_0009.jpg

857_0010.jpg

857_0011.jpg

857_0012.jpg

857_0013.jpg

857_0014.jpg

857_0015.jpg

857_0016.jpg

857_0017.jpg

857_0018.jpg

857_0019.jpg

857_0020.jpg

857_0021.jpg

857_0022.jpg

ekusera.jpg

ulesuka.jpg

ulesuka01.jpg

ekusera01.jpg

Resident Evil 5 "Tokyo Game Show" trailers

One

Two

Hmm MGS4 type flashes

jillxx.jpg

Jill is dead. :sad:

Trailer 2 in detail:

00:18 - Masked woman with an african dude that seems to be the same one that shows up later as leech man. Masked woman is clearly in charge.

00:55 - African dude's eyes turn black, I guess masked woman infected him with something.

1:10 - Guy is covered in leeches, so it must be progenitor virus.

1:20 - BSAA team blockades the city.

1:30 - Chris and Sheeva have a talk with a guy, can't make out much of what he is saying. He says there is something not right about something. Chris mentions rumors of a doomsday device and he confirms it, he says look for a man, couldn't hear the name. In this scene a flash of something with the word "Tricell" is flashed for a split second.

2:30 - Man in a cold lab like setting, bald, body not looking too good.

3:00 - Guy Chris was talking too is now taken hostage and they chop off his head. Poor guy.

Lots of gameplay is shown, amount of enemies on screen is incredible.

3:39 - That flower garden place inside a cave. Some containers are there with the Umbrella logo. The way the camera focused on the flower I think the flower is where the progenitor originated from.

4:00 - Chris getting his ass beat by Wesker in a giant library?

4:11 - Shows Chris and Sheva breaking into a lab where that chick in the white dress is, she has a suitcase full of viles. That room has the same flowers as in the cave, so yes those are what carries the virus. By the looks of it, they are inside the big ship.

4:12 - Spencer laughing

4:14 - Chris inside a huge lab with capsules all over the walls and I think a computer at the center. This is a base of some kind, Wesker's, TriCell's?

4:17 - Capsule opens, liquid comes out, same liquid that held Sherry, so I assume thats Sherry coming out. Which also means she isn't masked woman.

4:30 - Back to the shot of the bald dude, still in that frozen lab, different from the capsule lab. He transforms into a leech monster. Boss fight in a big lab, use canisters to blow him up.

4:40 - Another Wesker fight, this time in a Tricell lab.

4:48 - Giant ass monster attacks the frieghter. I think its another mutation of leech guy, so that lab you see in those scenes are inside the frieghter, then you go to the outside and this is the major boss fight to end the chapter.

4:58 - Back to the previous Wesker fight inside that library/ castle like place.

5:05- Cuts to Chirs and Sheva fighting the masked woman in a place with stone floor tiles. I can't place it.

5:12 - Wesker more pissed than I have ever seen pointing a gun. Glasses off. He is fighting Chris (final boss fight??) Totally new location, looks like a train, they are inside something. Wesker is bleeding. What in the hell was he shooting at, he shoots off to the side of the screen?

Then the Jill screen we all saw, looks like a video of it, so maybe its a video you see in the game.

So three separate Wesker battles. The first one I think is the one with Chris and Sheva, the second in that library and the last is for sure the final one as that looks to be the final battle.

Jill is dead.

Oh fuck off no, I won't except that! She was most badass character in the franchise.

RIP

ChrisRedfieldJillValentine.jpg

So yeah, RE5 has gone a lil MGS4-esque. Although Wesker is still awesome, so it's all good, even though his new look reminds me of JC Denton from Deus Ex. :heh:

And does anyone else think the masked woman = Jill? That, or it could be the person released from the capsule. Wesker does say something like "Why don't you get reaquanted with your partner?", which leads me to believe it's Jill, as that line doesn't sound right if he's refering Sheeva. Also, Chris doesn't look too happy about something at that point. Seriously, why would they just show Jill's grave randomly like that? All is not what it seems...

Ok, have just seen the chainsaw video on IGN.

WTF?? Why's there no decapitation shown?

^^^ still I'm sure you'll see decapitations in the final game, you did in Reai 4 so it's a given...

new screens

857_0001.jpg

857_0002.jpg

857_0003.jpg

857_0004.jpg

857_0005.jpg

857_0006.jpg

857_0007.jpg

857_0008.jpg

857_0009.jpg

857_0010.jpg

857_0011.jpg

857_0012.jpg

857_0013.jpg

857_0014.jpg

857_0015.jpg

857_0016.jpg

857_0017.jpg

857_0018.jpg

857_0019.jpg

857_0020.jpg

^^^ still I'm sure you'll see decapitations in the final game, you did in Reai 4 so it's a given...

Its the Japanese version ie no decapitations like Japanese version of RE4