NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Yeah it matters, it annoys the crap outta me for one. It degrades what can be sensible constructive debate into a shit throwing contest. And the guy's a freaking mod, what kind of example does it set for new guys coming in when the mod is taking the piss out of people trying it state an opinion? And it's not that the arguement never ends, I don't care, its that it's reduced to petty name calling.

I need to eat.

I think McPhee banned someone in the past for talking about nintendo in PS2 topic.

I think McPhee banned someone in the past for talking about nintendo in PS2 topic.

Cant say I remember that. Remember who it was?

Cant say I remember that. Remember who it was?

Sorry i dont it was over year ago.

The only thing i can think of is the Gamespot incident. I asked some users to stop firing personal attacks at a certain Gamespot reviewer in the thread about him losing his job for refusing to bias a review for cash.

Nobody got banned, but the threat was definitely there. I've not banned a single forum user. Not a single one.

BTW, if you're right on the over a year ago thing then it wasn't me, i've only just hit the one year marker.

Yeah it matters, it annoys the crap outta me for one. It degrades what can be sensible constructive debate into a shit throwing contest. And the guy's a freaking mod, what kind of example does it set for new guys coming in when the mod is taking the piss out of people trying it state an opinion? And it's not that the arguement never ends, I don't care, its that it's reduced to petty name calling.

Sums up my post beautifully. It was meant ironically, that's exactly how i feel going in to the Wii board at the moment. If you discuss things sensibly and have constructive debates then i clearly wasn't aiming at you, i don't dislike most Wii board members :)

I'm sorry if my post was misinterpreted.

Oh please, Resident Evil and Metal Gear are obscure? Problem is, people talk like it like invented those things and it didn't.

By button mashing I assume you mean QTEs? I haven't heard a lot of people saying its a god of war thing, but yeah, you get the point.

I think the reason people refer to Gears is because it set the standard. You don't have to be the first to do something if you're the first to do it really well.

Think about it like this; people say BG&E is a lot like Zelda, but was Zelda the first of it's kind?

Okay McPhee.

Artwork

Sheva

bh503.jpg

bh502.jpg

Video Interview.

The game is going to be released before 31.3.09

I need to eat.

You can´t really say that what he was ridiculing is connected to a sensible discussions.

What if he´s a mod, I´m more concern of new people coming too the Wii board and seeing a childish thread like the ubisoft thread.

Personally I think that an argument get´s reduced to name calling because arguing about this dosen´t progress.

Think about it like this; people say BG&E is a lot like Zelda, but was Zelda the first of it's kind?

Yes. lol

I just don't think Gears is that much of a benchmark, cover and the over the shoulder perspective were already being done a lot. Of course that successful games with certain features will always make this happen.

Anyway, good to know it'll be out before march, cant' wait.

You can´t really say that what he was ridiculing is connected to a sensible discussions.

What if he´s a mod, I´m more concern of new people coming too the Wii board and seeing a childish thread like the ubisoft thread.

Personally I think that an argument get´s reduced to name calling because arguing about this dosen´t progress.

Sorry I don't quite get you, but we can leave it now. All i'm saying is (if I may borrow a couple of lines), there's no reason we can't be civil.

Sheva

bh502.jpg

OMG, is that normal looking cleavage! That is outrageous!

:wink::wink::laughing:

This game is stupidly far away, why share a trailer with English voices, a website, videos, interviews, artwork and screenshots, all of which seem to display a near-complete title, for something that we won't have for about 9 months? A little teaser is fine but to see all this and know how far away it is, that's just frustrating for me. This is the only 360 game coming up that I have any interest in... and I might as well try and forget about it now, because I'll be studying for my finals when it eventually arrives.

Cheers Dante!

"solve the mystery of the progenitor virus, which has caused so much trouble throughout the series so far"

Great to hear the story's really going to tie in with the rest of the series!

Cheers Dante!

"solve the mystery of the progenitor virus, which has caused so much trouble throughout the series so far"

Great to hear the story's really going to tie in with the rest of the series!

The list.

• Progenitor Virus + Leech DNA = T-Virus
  • T-Virus + Queen Ant = T-Veronica Virus
  • T-Virus + Progenitor Virus + NE-Alpha Parasite + Experimental Umbrella Virus = G-Virus
  • NE-Alpha Parasite + T-Virus = Tyrant T-103
  • Las Plagas
  • Progenitor Virus + ???

The list.

• Progenitor Virus + Leech DNA = T-Virus
  • T-Virus + Queen Ant = T-Veronica Virus
  • T-Virus + Progenitor Virus + NE-Alpha Parasite + Experimental Umbrella Virus = G-Virus
  • NE-Alpha Parasite + T-Virus = Tyrant T-103
  • Las Plagas
  • Progenitor Virus + ???

Interesting, seems we're going to find out the very origins and creation of the T-Virus, because we know the progenitor virus is gonna turn up, and the thing at the very end of the latest trailer...

re5leechwi5.png

...definately a leech!

Looks like blood falling and splashing on the floor on the far left aswell. Maybe this is from one of the talked about flashback scenes?!

EDIT:

Doesn't Resi 5 seem to have taken the original concept of Resi 4?...

"The Cradle of the Progenitor Virus"

so her name is Sheva? in a recent interview with a capcom guy, he said they would announce her name @ E3. That chick is hot. Her name should be Shava (pronounced sh-e-i-va) ;)

I always was of the opinion that the Las Plagas were used in research to create either a new virus or it helped create one that already exists, I bet they'll talk about that, specially because the enemies are obviously infected by it or something similar.

There's something not quite finished with they're eyes, lots of them are looking away lol

And asides from the over-saturation or exposure or wtvr of the colors and blur exageration, which is pretty much in every fucking game now, it look awesome. Also, Sadam is in a lot of pics lol

It's not Sadam, it's Stalin.

With so many of them, let's just say it's both :P

That looks absolutely, thoroughly unbelievable. I hope they add some good new mechanics, rather than it being a next gen iteration of RE4 (although, I wouldn't complain one bit about that either) I'm really looking forward to seeing the details, like the Merchant from RE4 and the collectible weapons like the handcannon.

What?........

At the very end of that interview, the producer says there'll be a mysterious character in the game for the fans. They then spoiled it by showing a very short clip of that character in some sort of water.

I'm just guessing it's Jill, because of the reference made to her earlier in the trailer. It could be Claire for all we know (or even Leon, with girly eyelashes). We'll find out at E3 - I'm guessing Chris is in Africa to find this missing person.

There's also speculation on the game feature two campaign modes. Again, we'll probably find out at E3.

I remember in the end of the previous RE5 trailer a female character face being shown. She was blond and in no way was she the chick we saw in the recent trailer. Rumours say she's Jill Valentine from the first. What do u say?

I remember in the end of the previous RE5 trailer a female character face being shown. She was blond and in no way was she the chick we saw in the recent trailer. Rumours say she's Jill Valentine from the first. What do u say?
I say I wrote the answer to this in the post directly above yours!! :indeed:

The other character is Sherry from RE2.

The same clip was at the very end of the previous trailer and the creators have confirmed her as being in the game.

Seing as 'Umbrella' have her and she's suspended in water, it's a fair assumption to say she been/being studied/experimented on.

If you go to the very first page and post in this thread she's shown there.