NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Do I need to play the first 4 Resi games to understand any of the story? Or just Chris' story? Because this would be my first Res game.

Do I need to play the first 4 Resi games to understand any of the story? Or just Chris' story? Because this would be my first Res game.

You would pretty much need to play resi1,2,3, CV, 4 and UC.

Or just read the backstory at one of the many Resident Evil Fansites. Its fairly easy to follow. Boy and girl meet zombie, zombie gets killed. Team leader betrays them, dies but not really as he gets infected. Boys sister comes looking for him, meets a cop, saves a girl.... ok maybe not so easy lol get reading ^^

You don't actually believe Jill is dead, right?

Anyway, looks shit hot.

Nope.

Just worried that she will become Alice from the crap RE movies.

Wesker rules! :D

Resident Evil Timeline

1920-1965

1965-1970

1970-1975

1975-1980

1980-1985

1985-1990

1990-1995

1995-2000

2000-2005

I played Resi 4, knew none of the story, and still enjoyed it a lot. Although I guess that's the same with most people.

This is somewhere in 2009 right? I'd love to get this, so I hope to have a PS3 and a HDTV next to my Wii by that time. RE 4 was my first RE too, so I've not had my fill yet ;). I also wanna vote Sheva (that was her name?) for ultimate gamebabe.

This is somewhere in 2009 right? I'd love to get this, so I hope to have a PS3 and a HDTV next to my Wii by that time. RE 4 was my first RE too, so I've not had my fill yet ;). I also wanna vote Sheva (that was her name?) for ultimate gamebabe.

March 13, 2009.

Just watched the new trailer from TGS and I have to say I'm not overly impressed. The textures look muddy in the environments and on the africans clothes. Also not really liking the idea of having it as a two person campaign as the bits where you have to provide cover for the other person will just get annoying. It was annoying in 4 where you had to give cover fire for ashley and ok she didn't have a gun this'll probably play out similarly. I'll still be getting it when it's released it's just that it isn't exactly living up to what I expected.

Just watched the new trailer from TGS and I have to say I'm not overly impressed. The textures look muddy in the environments and on the africans clothes. Also not really liking the idea of having it as a two person campaign as the bits where you have to provide cover for the other person will just get annoying. It was annoying in 4 where you had to give cover fire for ashley and ok she didn't have a gun this'll probably play out similarly. I'll still be getting it when it's released it's just that it isn't exactly living up to what I expected.

Which one did you watch?

RE5 has two TGS 08 trailers.

You never know there could be haunted mansions in the middle of Africa..

You never know there could be haunted mansions in the middle of Africa..

Its a flashback scence.

Chris is wearing a different outfit and he is not in shape like he is in africa

Its a flashback scence.

Chris is wearing a different outfit and he is not in shape like he is in africa

Never noticed that. TGS trailer?

@ Dante - The trailer I watched was the one where the jeeps come roaring into the African village and the villagers go all dawn of the dead and kill the soldiers. The one where Wesker is dodging punches/bullets from Chris. Didn't look all that great some of the textures in that trailer.

lol @ all the negative comments at this.

It.looks.Incredible.

Agreed!

I think it looks AMAZING.. and i personaly cant wait to get this baby in my 360

^ never. No matter how hard developers work to make it look photorealistic there'll always be things like that because all curves are made up of straight lines. So unless developers come up with a way to make true curves and circles then it'll always be like that.

But by know I expected them to use more straight lines to make a curve :P. It doesn't seem to be so bad in other places of the body, but it takes away the graphic coherency.

Looks stunning, but when are these going to disappear?

8570001ik9.jpg

When you don't care enough to notice such a stupid, small detail. Like me.