NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

I have no anticipation for it even though I really liked 4. I think it's partly due to the fact that I'm not a horror fan, but also because it looks like a normal action game when so much else looks more compelling.

my anticipation hasnt reached much of a height yet. but then i was never excited about resi 4 till i played it. im not a huge horror fan, im a bit of a pussy for shocks, but somthing about resi 4 made it tense rather then scary. it was well done.

ive got my pre order on for resi 5. and if any one else is getting it ps3, we can co op.

I'll throw my hat in and also add that this installment looks like it's slightly lost it's way as to what Resident Evil is about.

I don't doubt that this will be a spanking hot game I just wish they'd go back to their roots slightly.

You know what I really want to play?.. the original version of Resi 4 before it was scrapped in favour of what we have. I don't know if it was a complete game but I'm pretty sure there's a playable demo out there.

I'll throw my hat in and also add that this installment looks like it's slightly lost it's way as to what Resident Evil is about.

I don't doubt that this will be a spanking hot game I just wish they'd go back to their roots slightly.

You know what I really want to play?.. the original version of Resi 4 before it was scrapped in favour of what we have. I don't know if it was a complete game but I'm pretty sure there's a playable demo out there.

100% in agreement mate. I love the RE series, RE4 being one my fave games ever....but i'm finding it hard to anticipate RE5 alot right now....so much more excited in Street Fighter 4 tbh....:smile:

I think it looks partly less interesting for me because of the tropical environment. I want it at night in freaky houses and churches and cursed lakes. Even in day time at 4 the place was still creepy.

With this it seems more of a kick some ass type game.

Don't know how this compares, but HMV have Resi 5 pre-orders in their 'deals of the week' section this week for £33.99!

Don't know how this compares, but HMV have Resi 5 pre-orders in their 'deals of the week' section this week for £33.99!

Pretty good deal, but release date reliability isn't always there with HMV.

The email i got from HMV said £33.99 In Stock lol

Demo Premiers Exclusively on Xbox 360 Starting January 26

Xbox 360 gamers worldwide won’t have to wait until March 13, 2009 to get their hands on the highly-anticipated “Resident Evil 5.” The next installment of the landmark survival horror franchise from Capcom will take action to a new level with a two-level, playable demo available exclusively on Xbox 360 for one week beginning Monday, January 26. In the demo, players will have a first glimpse of the fear they will never forget, as “Resident Evil 5” makes daylight just as terrifying as darkness. Additionally, a new exclusive high-definition trailer of the game, shown only at the past Tokyo Game Show in October of 2008, will be made available for download on the Xbox LIVE service on Friday, Jan. 16.

Fans will have the opportunity to experience “Resident Evil 5’s” revolutionary new features early, including two-player co-op with voice chat along with new characters, weapons and environments. The demo is set within two stages from the beginning of the game – Assembly Place and Shanty Town -- featuring plenty of co-operative action, shooting, hordes of bloodthirsty infected Majini enemies and a few puzzles to round out the action. The demo has three levels of co-op play: single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single Xbox 360 and two-player across Xbox LIVE.

Xbox 360 gamers will also be first to take on the new enemies in battle, including an army of weapon-wielding infected Majini, the gigantic hooded Majini Executioner and even the dreaded Chainsaw Majini. Players can also choose between the classic “Resident Evil”-style controls or switch to the newer “Action” controls inspired by games like “Gears of War 2” and “Halo 3.”

In this hotly anticipated new title coming on March 13, Chris Redfield returns as the “Resident Evil” hero and heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. Joining forces with a new partner, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to discover the truth behind this evil plot. Utilizing the new co-op mode, players will be able to assume control of either Chris or Sheva and experience “Resident Evil” in new ways.

For more details, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/residentevil5 or http://www.residentevil.com.

Players can also choose between the classic “Resident Evilâ€-style controls or switch to the newer “Action†controls inspired by games like “Gears of War 2†and “Halo 3

This isn't some control scheme where u don't have to stop to shoot is it?

I won't be downloading the demo. It's nice that it's coming so soon but I just won't. I'd love to try it but even with my skepticism I'm probably still going to be buying it and so don't really want to play through any of the levels before I get to game so it feels fresh.

This isn't some control scheme where u don't have to stop to shoot is it?

Well...it may be the game's saving point. The stand-and-shoot gameplay really doesn't work in a non-horror setting.

But this is a horror setting....

The demo suggested differently. Some regular African dudes, a large dude with a foam hammer and a chainsaw guy who seems unable to hit you unless you stand still for ten minutes. All in bright sunlight.

The demo suggested differently. Some regular African dudes, a large dude with a foam hammer and a chainsaw guy who seems unable to hit you unless you stand still for ten minutes. All in bright sunlight.

there was a big deal made about making things scary in the light.

i seem to recall it being more about not knowing whats coming, and maybea sort of hotel rowanda feel, hundred of crazys ina bloody lust trying to rip you to shreads.

resi 4 managed to make a day scene scary, the arival off the first chainsaw guy for example.

I hope this does not end up like DMC4 where Capcom used cheap methods to lengthen the game. I am still worried about the coop mechanics. The game seems like it had virtually no improvements in gameplay from RE4 despite the huge jump in hardware.