NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Help me make a picture like this

I got this picture a long time ago. Press Ctl+ A or select it to see a hidden picture. It only works in Explorer though. I have always wondered how you make them. I guess it's by using two layers. The top layer is visable and only occupies all the pixels that will be chosen when the picture is selected... But thats only my theory.

Maybe Redshell or shorty know how these images are created or even how to create one your self.

Hidden.jpg

*this pic is cropped tough

(it's an asian chick)

Well you can see that the asian chick area is heavily dotted. Maybe it has something to do with that...? I dunno. I can tell where it is without selecting it though.

It must be the dots and how the blue box that is used in Explorer effects them. I'm thinking that, that would take a really, really long time to make.

If it is the dots you can just make a pattern in photoshop and then Use a simple command to mark them.

What happens? I'm using Safari on a mac..

In the full picture, a naked Asian chick appears.

Have you got the link? This sort of digital effect art intrigues me...

Maybe Redshell or shorty know how these images are created or even how to create one your self.
Check out this tutorial:

http://www.13dots.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3012

It's actually pretty easy to do, but you need to choose a good main image (something quite random or pattern like works best I think) to help disguise the hidden pic.

My attempts:

78285546vw1.gif

69631331ea2.gif

You'll like this one DiemetriX: :wink:

58945345qu8.gif

icon3.gif Hmm... Be cool to use this in a sig.

Yeah this only seems to work in IE.

Have you got the link? This sort of digital effect art intrigues me...
Suuure, and the promise of a naked asian girl had nothing to do with it.

Well I've had a quick look and it appears to be extremely simple, in fact I'm pretty sure I could make my own :D

Arg no fair, Redshell found a tutorial.

I figured it out myself! I had a go but now that there's a tutorial its gonna make my attempt look crappy -_-

oh well, here it is anyway. Just to make absolutely clear, I figured this out myself and this is my first attempt, I didn't even look at that tutorial, before or after :D

hiddenayumi.jpg

Here's the way I did it:

Get the picture you want to hide and the one you want to hide it with, make the latter the higher up layer.

Take a dark colour from the one you want to hide it with and put that in your background.

Lower the transparency of your hidden image.

Add a gradient map using the darkest and lightest colours from the top image.

Create a new canvas, 2x2, make it transparent. Put a black dot in the top left and bottom right, go to edit > define pattern. Now you have a cross-dotty pattern thing.

Make a new layer on your image and fill it with pattern (choose the pattern just made)

Click on your top image, then ctrl click on the pattern layer so it selects the whole pattern. Click on the layer mask button at the bottom of the layer window. Delete or hide the pattern layer.

Think that's all I did :D

What happens? I'm using Safari on a mac..

It only appears to work in Internet Explorer.

Arg no fair, Redshell found a tutorial.

I figured it out myself! I had a go but now that there's a tutorial its gonna make my attempt look crappy -_-

Hehehe! :heh:

Anyway good job for working it out on your own! :bowdown:

You chose a good main image too, works really well.

Ah, because I.E. "dots out" part of the image when highlighted, the images are made so the main image is totally "dotted out" when highlighted.

You can see the "hidden" picture when not highlighted. Just.

what's the color number for the default highlight colour in explorer

example: 05F342

what's the color number for the default highlight colour in explorer

example: 05F342

The problem isn't the color, it's the doting that's specific to IE.

Doesn't firefox has it's own dot pattern though?
No, Firefox seems to just add a semi transparent layer of blue over the top. Which is a much more modern way to do it, but makes this procedure impossible.

Sign in to follow this