N-Europe

Harry Potter Theme Park

Slaggis

No idea if there has been a thread about this before, but I just saw these pics and I cannot wait to go there when it opens in 2009/2010

harrypotterthemepark1.jpg

harrypotterthemepark3.jpg

harrypotterworld2.jpg

There's going to be rollercoasters and rides to "take advantage of the harry potter experience". You'll beable to ride through the bank on a undergound rollercoaster (the thing from the first movie) and things like that.

can't wait.

It's not a whole park, I don't think.

It'll be a Harry Potter themed "land" at Universal Studios Orlando, IIRC.

(I'm going there for the 7th time at Xmas! Whooo!)

I hope they don't replace some good rides for this.

What next, is there going to be a Harry Potter themed village to go along with the theme park. It's a good idea for the serious Potter fans who want to experience the Harry Potter world.

This is yet another way to seriously milk the franchise for all it's worth.

Would love to go. I'm sure there will be one in the UK one day. I belive they are re-creating the whole of Hogwarts and its grounds, along with Hogsmeade. Sounds wicked, but I'm sure it's gonna be pretty limited. I can imagine some ride based on the Whomping Willow which could be quite exciting, but nothing else for the thrill seekers. Personally I'd rather explore the Ministry of Magic (to do battle in the Dept of Mysteries :heh:), Diagon Alley or Voldermort's graveyard.

Would love to go. I'm sure there will be one in the UK one day. I belive they are re-creating the whole of Hogwarts and its grounds, along with Hogsmeade. Sounds wicked, but I'm sure it's gonna be pretty limited. I can imagine some ride based on the Whomping Willow which could be quite exciting, but nothing else for the thrill seekers. Personally I'd rather explore the Ministry of Magic (to do battle in the Dept of Mysteries :heh:), Diagon Alley or Voldermort's graveyard.

they said in a press release their going to include rollercoasters that will "test even the mightiest of them park visitors" whatever that means.

This should be in the UK. Not because I want to go, but because people around the world who love Harry Potter should be saying "oh wow, liek, harry potter comes from england, lets go see what his world's like, ive heard they, liek, recreated part of teh england, i wonder if there's really a platform 9 3/4 at kings cross? liek omg".

I don't know why they would talk like that, but that's what I think.

Yeah, but it's easier attaching itself to other Theme parks (if it is going to be part of Universal Studios). And the fact it's beside Disney etc.

Land is (or used to be) cheap as much in orlando, that's why Disney set up camp there. Large open land with not many people living there. (Not really the same now, but still)

I agree that it SHOULD be in the UK, but from a business point of view it makes a lot of sense building it elsewhere.

This should be in the UK. Not because I want to go, but because people around the world who love Harry Potter should be saying "oh wow, liek, harry potter comes from england, lets go see what his world's like, ive heard they, liek, recreated part of teh england, i wonder if there's really a platform 9 3/4 at kings cross? liek omg".

I don't know why they would talk like that, but that's what I think.

o rite, i liek toaly agre n stuf

My uncle (who is obsessed with theme parks) said one ride that's been heavily rumored is a roller coaster based on the flight Harry and Ron took in the Weasley's flying car.

Also universal are converting most of the lost continent pavilion in universal to be harry potter as well as adding more land to the pavillion.

They are even retheming Dueling Dragons to be like the Triwizard Tournament out of Globlet of Fire book.

Also universal are converting most of the lost continent pavilion in universal to be harry potter as well as adding more land to the pavillion.

They are even retheming Dueling Dragons to be like the Triwizard Tournament out of Globlet of Fire book.

What?! I loved the Dueling Dragons, I really hope they don't change it too much...

A Harry Potter theme park would be shit. Retheming duelling dragons would be even worse, I would seriously enjoy it less if it was based on Harry Potter.

I read about it on Jim Hill Medias website, he seems to know his stuff like. Apparently the "story of the ride is that you see the globlet of fire and it picks you to be in TriWizard Cup.

So wouldn't suprise me if they do remix it with broomsticks, so they may tame it down forthe youngsters who love the harry potter universe, so they make it more universal so everyoe can ride it.

It's not even a goos concept to carry it's own land though.

They've left it so late, does anyone care that much?

This means, Poseidon Adventure will go (I love that), Dueling Dragons, (never done it, but still), and others.

I think I just outgrew the excitement for HP a few years ago.

• 3 years later...
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

*Lays breathless on the floor*

The ride itself is a feat on sooooooooo many levels. Full report when back.

Talking about Dragon Challenge? (Or what ever they renamed Duelling Dragons).